1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

fattz likes this.
  2. HardenVolumeOne

i like the suns trade better, rubio has underrated iq and leadership skills. and oubre would be a nice fit next to covington

Cstyle42 likes this.
  3. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

Both

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I would think twice before blaming Harden for Westbrooks desire to leave. Before this, there was no reason to believe Harden wanted out this year. W/out Harden, Tilman is done. TF is not going to let his organizations prize possession go this year for a handful of beans. Neither side has real bargaining power. Harden is not going to want to be shipped off to some crappy eastern team as a 2 year rental. Next year they both will have bargaining power. TF will get 1 more year of Harden revenue in exchange to take a less favorable deal to a team of Hardens choice. By the following season, COVID should largely be resolved and revenues back to normal.

Westbrook clearly doesnt want to be here post Harden. If Harden is planning to leave next year, there would be a good chance Westbrook wont be able to get out next year. Nobody is going to take sloppy seconds to JH for RW. So win-win-win. Get Westbrook out today. we might have to give up 4 draft picks, but git 'r done Pat. The more 1st round drafts picks you give away, the less you have to pay.

5. macan

macan Member

so we wasted 4 future picks for 1 year rental of Russ??
    *** YOU TILMAN!

Bo6, DVauthrin and HP3 like this.
  6. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yo. I know he's older and working on a move to PHX, but i would LOVE if Harden approached CP in wanting to work it out to get WB right back to OKC and CP back here along with a 3rd team involved if OKC doesn't want to part with those picks in return. It would show me a maturity i need to see from Harden right about now, plus those awful State Farm commercials haven't been the same without CP/Harden.

Ramo$e, nickb492 and HP3 like this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

"

ak99999, sirjesse and HP3 like this.
  8. PWR

PWR Member

Praying that the Clips will be dumb enough to give us PG, Pat Bev, and Shamet (all over 38% from three) for Westbrick and PJ.

Please be dumb enough.

Htown Legend likes this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Here is my trade proposal.

Rockets get Kevin Love
    Knicks get Westbrook
    Cavs get Portis, Barrett and Ellington

Tilman saves nearly 11 million in cap space this season and although Kevin does have a history of injuries, he would fit perfectly with the Rockets.

10. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

What does it say about our franchise player when Dwight, CP3, and your own buddy not wanting to play with u? I mean I love Harden as the next guy and want him to stay as well but he seems like the type of player were u just can’t build a team of super stars next to him. He is the polar opposite of Lebron who has gotten success time and time again by having star players around him.

Our only way of building a championship team may as well be just having to stack up a bunch of legit shooters and B level players around Harden, guys like Victor Oladipo and Serge Ibaka may be the types of deals that might have to get us over the hump

11. HP3

HP3 Member

The Hawks being on this list makes me doubt this dude.

Der Rabbi, Caesar and KelvinCato13 like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Bucks and Hawks? :confused:

Der Rabbi likes this.
  13. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Russ stays

Ramo$e and jch1911 like this.
  14. fattz

fattz Member

Aaron Gordon, Ross & Bamba
    For
    Westbrook & Tucker

Harden, Ross, Covington, A Gordon, Bamba —> E Gordon / House / J Green

sign as much high motor, active, length as possible. Stop looking for super stars and find some solid role players that play with heart and passion. If we loose it’s because the other team had more talent. I okay with that. We never want go down because no one cared enough to play their personal best. This team doesn’t have to play gimmick basketball, either. Harden is the key to making everything better and championships possible.

trade deadline —> E Gordon for veteran point guard that can shoot & defend. —> maybe E Gordon turns his play around.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

Jerry West is the GOAT and a million times better than Morey. He would never trade for Westbrook.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I hope to be wrong but i find hard to believe we would get a great player in return for Russ...i wonder how difficult it would be for the Rockets to move him into cap space to like the Knicks and after other minor moves create enough space to go after Hayward, then maybe use the big TPE or Gordon plus House to trade for Horford...would something like this be somehow possible @BimaThug ?

If we could pull off something like:

Horford
    PJ
    Rob
    Hayward
    Harden

...would be amazing at this point.

17. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Dwight and CP3 are historically bad team mates and I doubt this decision has anything to do with Harden. It looks bad but I don't think this is on him

ROCK3TM4N and Richie_Rich like this.
  18. Caesar

Caesar Member

I honestly don't see Russ focing us into making a bad move. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who will pout and sit out games and leave his boy hanging on the floor by himself. No way. It's just not in Westbrooks blood. So if we end up making a bad trade just to please his current state, were trash and deserve to fall apart. Hold out for the best deal. He's locked in next to Harden no matter what.

19. HP3

HP3 Member

Man.....Danuel House, who does this dude think he is. I honestly can't believe what i read.

JayGoogle, ak99999 and Vivi like this.
  20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Huh? We literally changed our whole style to suit his needs.
    Full of excuses because he played terribly for most of the season.... and especially in the playoffs.