1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Perkins: Harden not answer phone calls from tilmanship, front office and coach for weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 11, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

There is so much I disagree with here.

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

That's f-ing stupid on many levels. First, why would you *not* want to be in the playoffs with one of the top 3 players in the world? Second, the effort and luck it takes to land one of the top 3 players on Earth, who is also one of the most durable players is not easy. Third, do you really trust Tilman Fertitta to be the agent of a culture change that leads to a championship? There is *nothing* to suggest he creates a culture that leads to success at the highest levels.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

turn off the tv and twitter and there's practically zero infections even with the blue states included

D-rock likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what you lack is the winning mentality
    its on you not on Harden

UTSA2step likes this.
  5. bmelo

bmelo Member

and what did the uber driver said? he got about same knowledge like bra

homewight likes this.
  6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Tilman is probably all about a winning product that sells, and care less about the playoffs or championships. All that matters is Les sold him a product that sells in China, and he got 2 players that sells jerseys and merchandise all around the world. Two impact players, and obviously its not about Championships here , its about selling Jersey's and Hoping to gather crowds with 2 big names. The window with rockets are close since Les left, and Rockets are holding on to not much after giving away there future for Westbrook and 3-4 more years. Its kind of ironic if they don't spend now if they really feel there going all in for it and think they are this close.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol, I actually would have less respect for Harden if he watched Tillman ruin the team like he has and then show up for work at Landry's on Monday with his 48 pieces of flair.

8. gogispade

gogispade Member

Damn, this escalated quickly.

Sad times ahead.

9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Im not buying into this. They are trying to force something thats not real. Has to be fabricated?

D-rock and Plowman like this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Spoke to sources close to brabra, they said 33 likes and they'd still be clowns

11. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

They include 4 1st rounders, get it done.

12. riko

riko Member

T
    Tyler Herro, Bam and Duncan Robinson and the send Westbrook for picks to NY. Setup a long term future

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Of course you want to make the playoffs because without making it you have no chance to win the championship. As simple as that sounds I'll also simply say if this current team's ceiling is just to make the playoffs and keep losing early to midway then why not just blow it up now? Nothing stupid about that. All this hype of Harden being a top 3 player and all great... all that relates mostly to his numbers during season play. Playoff wise he is not really all that great like that but I feel you on the point of it being really difficult to land greats. Regarding Tillman I don't know the guy or what his practices will be regarding to how he owns the Rockets. I know this though Morey and Dantoni have had it their way for years. 2018 I admit really could have been a championship. From then on this thing has been falling off. Yall mad at Tillman but Morey been here a long damn time just saying.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Probably but after Morey quitting, anything is possible, and I am not an Adidas guy.

This could be an avalanche in the making.

Ferntits got no clue how to keep guys.

15. ROCK3TM4N

ROCK3TM4N Member

For all the Harden to GSW trade talk, do yall really think Kerr would want James “Mr. iso only at the top of the key” Harden? Lol

I would like to believe that Harden wouldn’t snake his way to the warriors after losing to them for the past half decade.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Barkley did. durant did. Who cares anymore. James harden is the biggest name in Houston Sports. He is Houston right now. Losing him without a ring makes us the chump of the entire NBA!

daywalker02 and saleem like this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I too believe that this is untrue. Rockets driven propaganda. Nevertheless, the situation seems serious. Both Perk and Lowe are saying pretty much the same thing, I don't doubt their word.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Patience, while I think Fertitta wanted to keep the entire team, his hospitality business and himself will sabotage it.

It is a matter of time when key people including players are going to leave his sinking ship.

He is a mini Trump but cheaper.

#218 daywalker02, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    D-rock and UTSA2step like this.
  19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I think we are already that with him here. Warriors out... still lose. Warriors back... Rockets are just a playoff team.

20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Bro. If this happens. The LAST rockets purchase I will ever make is a custom jersey with the number 17 and LTS for the name. :mad::mad::mad::mad: