1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Bring on a fair recount, even with a nutjob Republican Governor. Sorry but Trumpsters are getting smoked on every court case up to now, even pissing off judges with the dubious evidence at best. The problem is even with a recount your cult will scream something is not fair, but I digress and say bring it on. So when the recount is all done you will say all is fair correct??

mdrowe00, Yung-T, Chilly_Pete and 3 others like this.
  2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Definitely, they need to stop yelling slogans like these if they want to be taken seriously. They can pass what they need, but they need to be elected first. They always seem to take it too far...these voters even said that BLM was fine, it was “Defund the Police” that changed their minds.

jiggyfly and tmoney1101 like this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

7. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

That was awesome :D

A bald eagle was abused and even got a Satanic ritual mention.

Nook, AleksandarN, tmoney1101 and 3 others like this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

hey im not being facetious although i know the word facetious but can you explain this gdp map and what its saying

tmoney1101 and RayRay10 like this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

As I understand them, the data show two clear trends: most counties in the nation are becoming more polarized. The red are more red and the blue are more blue. At the same time, and with great correlation, the proportion of GDP generated is shifting more and more to blue counties (mainly cities, logically), with less and less contributed by red counties.

There was not much of a signal in the early 90's, but now it is quite striking. I think (without checking) that I remember the split being something like 80-20 or 85-15 (%) on GDP generation in blue-vs-red now. It used to be much, much more even. It's sad and unfortunate, and it maps well with declines in non-college-educated-men committing suicide, having decreased life expectancy overall, and going for things like MAGA.

I'm not saying any of this with any kind of pride as a democrat or city dweller. Instead, I think it's a big problem. I still would love to see a national program where 17-year-olds have to go spend a school year in an "opposite" geographic / socioeconomic county and school. Would be rocky in parts but would do a great deal of healing for the country. But too many forces benefit from the split and the bad feelings.

joshuaao, Ubiquitin, IBTL and 3 others like this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Facetious is derived from the Latin phrase longum faciem tuam which was used to describe an ugly woman -- it literally translates to face tedious.

Nook, Hakeemtheking, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

People said that Georgia was exactly what you said we should not be chasing.:D

Yung-T, RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

thank you.

i think next i need to look at gdp closely.

when i see gdp i think of grand daddy purps and likely is root cause of my issue here.

its one of those - whatever it is i think i see ..becomes a tootsie roll to me

tmoney1101 and RayRay10 like this.
  13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

im on tuam right now with tanisha ..she is what you might call face tedious

is that where fastidious comes from too

fast tiddy (@ROXRAN)

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...I know...

"...red states vs. blue states..." and all of that stuff. People arguing over colored pictures like toddlers in a day care center.

I certainly don't mean to imply that there's not some truth to that...some people are entrenched in their old and limited thinking while the world keeps changing around them. And leaving them behind.

But that's another thing about "progress", to me.

With every clumsy step humankind and society has taken forward...

...from discovering fire...to inventing the wheel...to discovering electricity...to implementing indoor plumbing...

...(well, actually the indoor plumbing thing happened before the electricity thing, if you know anything about ancient Sumer and Mesopotamia)...

...the cost of such endeavors has always been to drag along the witless and imbecilic and cowardly...out of their caves and into the sunlight, whether they wanted to or not...

...and maybe, with some luck, a few of those neanderthals might find out that it's not so bad, walking upright (helps with the posture) and not walking on your knuckles (saves a fortune in manicure costs)...;)

Yung-T, Nook, Hakeemtheking and 3 others like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

he must be a secret Democratic member of the deep state

CLEAR FRAUD

16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

the sad and pathetic thing about this is that normal people know this is a huge joke, know Trump lost horribly, and have moved on with life

Trumpers are still out in the streets in their little crowds of 20 people screaming “Stop the steal!” to each other

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Only if all the nutjobs get to count all the ballots themselves.

RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Sad, pathetic, hilarious. Trump2024 already has their motto.

RayRay10 and Reeko like this.
  20. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...that presumes a bit of forward thinking from these people, that is heretofore not been in evidence...;)