1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Perkins: Harden not answer phone calls from tilmanship, front office and coach for weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 11, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

I used to be hold onto harden as long as you can but at this point it is what it is. I can't fault him for wanting to get the hell out of this just like morey/mda. He's already 31. He can link up with another relevant talent that fits and give himself a legit shot still. He isn't going to get that complete full opportunity here. Everything from the ownership, fo, and team personnel

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Get with Minny for Towns/Russell/1st overall pick and 3 future 1sts.

3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

There is a big difference between valuing the opinions and input of your star players and not doing exactly what your star players want.

It was reported on numerous occasions that Harden and Westbrook wanted John Lucas to be the next head coach. If sources outside the organization had that information, then I’m sure both players had made their request known to Tilman and the Rockets’ front office. If that wasn’t the case, and Tilman and Stone shut both players out of the process entirely, both Harden and Westbrook have every right to be upset.

I’m not advocating that NBA teams ignore the wishes and opinions of their best players. However, you don’t just do what they want because they say so.

CometsWin, Plowman and Vivi like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's why Morey is considered a GREAT manager/executive.

His players/employees LOVE and TRUST him.

Not a lot of trust happening with Rockets most important players and FO/ownership right now.

HP3 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude, there is a difference between BEING INVOLVED and MAKING ALL THE DECISIONS

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  6. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

If this is true **** harden westbrook and morey.
    We've done everything harden wanted so if he still unhappy take his ass on. Not our fault he ****in chokes

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Another report that points into Stein being right.

Isn't Perkins at least good friend with Russ? If that's the case, why would he lie about this and spit everything? I actually think this is about Harden and Westbrook using him to put things out there.

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

where have you been?

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

sorry but brabra's tweets do not mean anything to me. as far as im concerned a total fake and waste of time. no idea why his stuff gets posted around here

I think you mentioned it in another post, but this is the player's era. Whether we like it or not, they'll be holding those cards for awhile. If the face of the franchise ends up unhappy at any point, that's just the end of it.

HP3 likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden??????

More like Tilly has dismantled a championship contending team in 2 seasons.

How incompetent is that?

11. HP3

HP3 Member

No he isnt.

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

And no Rocket fan should hate on that decision at all. He’s given everything to the city of Houston. Harden deserves to play for an owner who will do what it takes to surround him with a winning team. Not cut costs because his restaurants suck.

Nook, HP3 and Denovo like this.
  13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I hope this isn't true. If we're going to rebuild I am not opposed to trading Harden. However, if Harden is demanding a trade it weakens our negotiating position with other teams. It'll be worst still if he takes the next historical step in this process and gives the team a list of teams he'll consider playing for. The good news is Philadelphia would probably be one of those teams and a package including Ben Simmons and Matisse Thybulle is not the worst we could do.

FrontRunner and HP3 like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

let's be honest, Perkins has no friends.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Also, right or wrong, if they didn't involve the players in those decisions at all, i don't know about you, but to me it screams like they already decided to ship the players at some point.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Usually agree with your takes but this is 10000% on Tillman. Can’t blame James at all.

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Tilman is certainly the main issue, no doubt about that.

But Harden has...

-Flamed out against the Warriors in the 2019 playoffs
    -Demanded the Westbrook trade, despite obviously being a terrible move
    -Flamed out against the Lakers in the 2020 playoffs
    -Mad that his prior trade demand forced Morey out
    -Mad he didn't get to hand pick the coach
    -Mad he and Westbrook aren't part of the process, despite history saying that is a terrible move
    -Not trying to work with the new staff/coach

He ain't blameless.

CometsWin, Vivi and Tristan_fiore like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

exactly. If I don't care what harden thinks, it's because I'm not expecting him to be here for much longer.

topfive likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Tilman is obviously the largest issue, but saying Harden is blameless and handling things well is simply not correct.

20. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets front office will resist it... but they need to very carefully see what they can get for their roster. They have a number of pieces and can really accelerate a smart rebuild.

Harden is worth a whole lot. The Rockets would likely get junk for Westbrook but they would also likely get draft picks from a team like NY.

Covington is worth a lot and Tucker would fetch a #1.

I have to check but someone said the Rockets pick switches with the Thunder are too 10 protected. If that is the case, then bottom out this year and go for a top 3-4 pick.

We would then have our own picks in 21’,22’ and 23’.

Our 24’ pick is top 4 protected... so it isn’t that huge a risk.

The problem is do we really want Stone leading a rebuild?