1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Need to slap the people selling ups. UPS will only benefit since they’ll be the ones shipping the vaccine. Jim Cramer will touch on that tomorrow. The ceo was even on his show after the ER and made that a point

Cokebabies likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What you are saying makes sense, their recent ER was positive, and holiday shipping season is coming, but the stock market doesn't make sense. People only buy Tesla and weed stocks and Dogecoin now.

Rodman23 and Sajan like this.
  3. Sajan

Sajan Member

And Zoom.

4. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Value is likely to benefit the most from the vaccine trade, and we've already seen the rotation out of growth in the last few days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. adoo

adoo Member

this creates a buying opportunity for UPS.

its new CEO comes from Home Depot, she has led the effort to cut cost over the past yr. cost control was one of the main contributors for the earnings beat so far in 2020.
    UPS goes x-div tomorrow, which explains the uptick in the stock price today, on the flip side, after the x-Div date, the stock price will likely to drop a tad for several days.

the technicals show the formation of a triangle,
    close to a MACD cross-over.

but i think UPS will consolidate for a bit.​

then, i'll load up on some LEAP options. UPS will benefit immensely w a re-open economy.
    w businesses re-opening/operating, the UPS's B2B business segment (almost dormant since early Mar 2020) will skyrocket

[​IMG]

#12105 adoo, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  6. adoo

adoo Member

a 44-cents bet,

[​IMG]i
    82 strike CALL , w a 11-13-20 expiration

7. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

DDOG down 11% despite earnings beat and raise for 4Q. Thinking of buying back in if it gets closer to $75 again.

8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Opinion: As Apple releases its new line of Macs, the biggest beneficiary may be Microsoft

Found this article interesting, slightly contrarian(?) take with the current hype around apple silicon atm.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Dongle time.

10. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I did a similar lotto play this morning but with DIS .
    11/13 132p .60

11. adoo

adoo Member

just to add a little nuance

• ur Dis PUT is a bet for it to go down

• my 44-cents bet is for AMD to go up

12. adoo

adoo Member

thanks for the heads up on DIS

[​IMG]

but i play it this way w Dec 11 expiration options

bto 140 strike CALL
    sto 135 strike CALL,

collecting a premium of $2.55 in advance---defining my max risk of $2.45---awaiting for the stock to trade below 135​

#12112 adoo, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    Rodman23 likes this.
  13. adoo

adoo Member

my 2 cents,

i believe that Net is in the midst of a 3rd wave extension, if you believe in the Elliot Wave Theory, https://tradingsim.com/blog/3rd-wave-extension/

[​IMG] of 28
    Following the consolidation of the second wave, the third wave breaks out. The third wave extends wave one by 161.8% Fibonacci level.

the first wave went from 33 to 61, a pop of 28
    161% extension would take NET to ~~~80

saitou and noscrusir like this.
  14. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Np. Hmm nice I might look at some spreads tomorrow.

noscrusir likes this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

one good short deserves another

[​IMG]

16. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I was expecting it to rally today due to those singles day numbers , but ended up very choppy. How low do you see it going, 250?

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Has anyone here seen the specs on the new mac chips? crazy

i would be concerned if i was holding amd or intel. I dont know enough about it regarding the implications to have a real opinion.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Will have to see how gamers and coders fit into all this. Mac was never a gaming platform so they prob don't care external graphics cards are useless on it.

MacBook Pros have a strong following with non-windows developers and it can't even run many common flavors of Linux right now.

There's two more full years for Apple to mess around with the MBP line before completely cutting off Intel.

saitou likes this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, unless Apple can invade desktops via games or just general use for a cheap price, I'm doubtful much is going to change. Windows is still something like 75-85% of the market and people have been talking about a Mac (and lol... Linux) takeover for at least 20-25 years. I'm thinking about getting a MacBook (again) for giggles, but leaning towards another Windows laptop instead. I haven't tried configuring one and checking out prices, so we'll see.

20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Specs of the latest a14 iphone chips are very impressive and have already been benchmarked by 3rd parties, the macbook versions should be a bit better but not the 3x or 5x of their competition that their marketing is claiming. In the medium term it will eat into Intel's dominant market share for laptops and amd's tam, but I think that's already priced in. In the immediate term see the article I posted above. The fact that they are pricing the arm version that is supposed to be more performant cheaper than the Intel version suggests they think the Intel version will still be more desirable this gen.

#12120 saitou, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020