1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook and Harden have expressed concern...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

@Haymitch has also expressed concern per sources

2. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Top headline on espn, yikes! Guess we might as well go ahead and finish the job of completely wiping out our entire identity as a franchise.

3. realonemo

realonemo Member

Peep the date

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That guy is a fraud. Those rumors were everywhere and he was just jumping on board. He copies what others say and tries to act like he had them himself.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Only reason we’re in this mess is because of Harden and Westbrook to begin with (and Tilman of course). Trade them both. Doesn’t matter at this point given we have no championship hopes.

It took zero brain power at all to see how terrible the Westbrook trade was. It was the most obvious thing in the world despite some acting like it “made our ceiling higher”.

Absolutely ruined a once-great franchise.

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

Love how when a player gets so much control, his forced decisions destroy the team and then they have a cause for concern. Love how a player who is brought in to be a superstar help to our superstar plays worse than he's ever played when it mattered and has cause for concern about the team. Funny how WB never had a cause for concern when he was allowed to stat pad on his own team never going anywhere but a 1st round exit.

Tired of these babies. I'm going to go watch 90s bball highlights.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Harden to Washington for Beal and Thomas Bryant. Who hangs up first?

8. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I don't really think Tilman can afford a tear down and rebuild job. He might never recover. So I doubt there is a whole lot to this story other than Harden and Westbrook are cognoscente of where they are in their careers and they want to win a championship.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Westbrook isn't in charge.

Morey and Dantoni didn't run screaming from Houston because of Russ.

Nook, steddinotayto and HP3 like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That's a terrible trade for the Rockets.

I'd need Beal, Rui, Bryant and their FRP to even start discussions.

jamisonrocket and Vivi like this.
  11. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Bro we can't be ready to drop these new fire city jerseys and not have Harden to market them.

12. steddinotayto

So you're saying the Rockets would hang up first. Got it.

Vivi and treyk3 like this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

Yup, I will always watch 80s and 90s full games and highlights with the occasional Yao game of the 2000s. In 10-20 years, I might re-watch that Warriors game where Harden hit the game winning dagger and some 17-18 and 14-15 highlights once or twice, but the rest is pretty meh to me...especially if he leaves now. Definitely not going to lose any sleep over Harden and Westbrook leaving.

Caesar likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Tilman absolutely sucks

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol, again, Mike and Daryl didn't leave because they couldn't stand the players.

BMoney and HP3 like this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If we were to trade Harden though, I'd probably take that package over the Sixers.

Harden is close with Wall and I just don't want Morey to get his grubby fingers on Harden.

Rui has high upside and Beal is already better than any player on the Sixers.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I hate to be that guy, but usually when rumors start to float around there's a good chance there's something going on behind the scenes, remember "CP3 isn't getting traded"? Yeah, exactly. I guess the good news so far is that nothing suggests Harden is asking to get traded, but the fact that there are Westbrook rumors isn't exactly encouraging.

18. steddinotayto

I'm there with you in asking for more than Beal and Bryant to be honest lol. But that would be a great icebreaker IMO. Then adding either Rui (probably wont' happen) or a couple of FRPs would be pretty damn good. I really don't think Tilman will allow James to reunite with Morey unless the Sixers are going to send us Simmons and a boatload of future 1sts.

treyk3 likes this.
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If we could convince Harden to let Russ leave, we'd be in such better shape. I don't think either get traded.

Russ wants NYK or LA.

Knicks are the only team who would give us fair value. They are desperate for a star.

Mitch, Frank, Kevin, Pick #8.

Frank + Pick # 8 for Jrue.

Jrue / EGo
    Harden / Ben Mc
    RoCo / House/ Nwaba
    PJ / Kevin
    Mitch

That looks like a championship team to me with the ability to trade some more.

I'd require Simmons and Embiid and they'd have to take on Russ or find someone who will.

steddinotayto likes this.
  20. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

This article says nothing.

treyk3 likes this.