1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook and Harden have expressed concern...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Nov 11, 2020.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

I know what we need to do. I know exactly what we need to do.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Let them. Who cares?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Harden wanted that Trade. Now he is complaining about the future?

4. rockets13champs

Yeah he is loyal. Always been loyal. But this is his way of giving the rockets one last chance. The only place if he does leave he’ll go is Philly. And Morey been in his ear all offseason to head there.

Rudyc281 and Dacamel like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean he’s 31 in a franchise that has gone downhill for the last 2 years from a 65 win title contender. A lot of us saw this coming but most have been trying to sweep it under the rug as if things are just fine. But it’s morey’s fault. But it’s mda’s fault. That’s why they got the hell out of town. It’s only going to get worse

Nook, HP3 and Dacamel like this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Knicks going to knicks but trading for Carmelo rather than signing him as an FA a few months later comes to mind.

Gallinari, wilson chandler (both of whom had good value then) and picks sent just to assuage Carmelo ego because he wanted to be part of a blockbuster rather than just sign as an FA. Then the knicks had zero flexibility to improve around them (sound familiar?)

TWS1986 and Dacamel like this.
  7. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

This literally says nothing.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

westbrook was hurt, you didn't have this tune when he was healthy and tearing it up during the regular season

how can we hate on the only guy on the team with heart?

give him one healthy season at least

going small also was a horrible strategy that absolutely did not work

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This is usually the type of article that comes out right before a blockbuster trade. This happened right before when Porzingis got traded from the Knicks for instance.

lloyde8, HP3, Rudyc281 and 1 other person like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Billy King was far worse than this.

11. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I'll take Ben Simmons for Harden as the main part of a deal. It's not exactly ideal. Simmons is 24, in contract for 4 more years and you can start a re-build around him. Then trade Russ for picks and young talent to the Knicks, Pistons or Clips.

Le$$ and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. saleem

The possibility of something like this is high unfortunately.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Two guys scheduled to make $41 million next year but concerned with what direction the team is going. Both have already had it their way for years.

Rudyc281 and Dacamel like this.
  14. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

What stage of grief is this? Are we in bargaining right now? Cool, time for more depression coming soon.

15. saleem

I’ll settle for it reluctantly, but I will cry when Harden leaves Houston. I love him. I want him to retire as a Houston Rocket.

16. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Translation: "Use the full MLE to sign Ibaka or we will pout even more through the media via our agents."

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

At this point.... I’m in the “acceptance phase”. It’s inevitable with the departure of morey, stone being promoted, and James not getting the coach he wants... all good things come to an end. Sucks

glenadyll likes this.
  18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The clips pretty much traded every pick they had for PG. They have nothing to offer us.

steddinotayto likes this.
  19. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

CP3 deal was not amazing either. He could have signed as a free agent and imagine having Pat Bev, Lou Williams, Montrez, Arizia, Clint, PJ, Luc, EG with Harden and CP3! We would still be winning titles!

But it always comes some to money and proof that CP3 wanted his money more then winning a title.

20. thething

thething Contributing Member

Not exactly-in the Nets deal, at least the Nets got the better players in the deal. KG and Paul Pierce were better than the players they gave up. The Rockets traded away the best player in the deal and got the worst one, all while giving up all the picks. I'd argue the Westbrook trade was worse.

The Rockets have James Harden, which makes it not look as bad, but it was really, really bad.

harold bingo likes this.