1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’ve heard my mom talk **** about Fox News recently too. She’s into newsmax RedState and YouTube.

Yung-T, joshuaao, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm too lazy to look up the thread, but I remember people teasing some of us for declaring that he would not concede.
    But it just completely fits everything we've always known about him.

Yung-T, joshuaao, RayRay10 and 8 others like this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

You say that but...we all remember this gem.

also a side dose of taxes which he never released and when he “loaned” his campaign 50 mil and said he wouldn’t ask for it back cuz maga.

Yung-T, RayRay10 and Lar like this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know I don't like him, and I'm retired military. I think you are right though, and he can't pull that power play. But, he would try. He thinks he can do anything at this point. I can't wait until they drag him away flailing and shouting.

Yung-T, RayRay10, AleksandarN and 2 others like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You are such a weird guy. Everytime someone makes a predication of Trump's fascist desires you're like "GoDwIn'S LaW".

And every time that person has been right in their concerns and you've been shown to be apathetic.

Nook, Yung-T, TheFreak and 7 others like this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Face it, Trump has always been a sleaze bag. A leopard can't magically change the color of his spots unless you are reading a Dr. Seuss book.

Trump has always been an abuser, a liar, a cheat, a narcissist, and a con. The only thing that has changed are the people he's conning at any given moment in time. Sooner or later, just like all his felon friends, Trump's going to get busted, charged, and convicted of his crimes. I can't wait for that day.

Yung-T, fchowd0311, Lar and 6 others like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Well since you are retired military, let me start by saying sorry if I sounded like condescending clown, I did not mean to come across that way if I did.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

This lockdown has driven people insane. Both sides are acting like lunatics. No decorum, no actions seeking peace and definitely lot of attacks of each other on the internet. It really shows how cruel people can be behind a keyboard, they would say things that they wouldn't otherwise in person. The rhetoric and narratives are out of control for both sides.

I think there are some irregularities but Trump should concede anyway to preserve the democratic process.

The retaliation would be devastating if Trump ends up being President in Jan. 2021

10. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

What the hell is an "irregularity" anyways? I think they need to just put up or shut up at this point. I just think if the democrats are so coordinated in that they are able to coordinate election fraud in states that have republican leadership in 4-5 states, then that's just admitting they're just much smarter than you, and you should just give up anyways.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Ahh Yes the "both sides" argument. Those terrible democrats wanting to actually accept the election results. And even worse they want the votes that are cast to even be counted...... the horror. And did you hear that monster Biden calling people to unite and wanting to be the president for everyone, not only the people who voted for him. I mean where does he find the guts to be such a lunatic....

It is not both sides. It is really funny seeing from a distance what the republican party has turned into.

Nook, jiggyfly, Yung-T and 8 others like this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think some are surprised at how far he's taking it.

I thought he'd just never concede verbally, say that it was some kind of fraud, never really follow up on it, then who knows what he does after that.

I didn't expect he'd contest an election already decided and would attempt a coup. I didn't think he was this far gone but I'm not too surprised. The man is an egomaniac that thinks he's bigger than the country and the history of the country, now that he's had a taste of being the President he'll do anything to keep that power. I'm sure the guy gets a stiffy every time someone calls him Mr. President.

It is just sad, really. Hopefully, once all of this court work is done, he concedes (unlikely) or he'll have the shame of being the only president in US history that refuses to do so.

Yung-T, joshuaao, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  13. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Do you want peace or do you want to be right under the current political climate?

Even if he does become president, I think the other branches of government will keep Biden (or Trump for that matter) in check like they're supposed to under the Constitution.

14. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Ok. Glitches. There

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...tioning-machines-misinformation-some-n1245963

In any case I think Trump/Rs should accept how it turned out and move on. Perhaps they can work on legislation for VOTER ID and other safeguards in place to prevent this in the future.

Florida embarrassed themselves in 2000 and look at them getting the election results on time in 2020. The other states can learn from them.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So the people that voted for Biden, the majority of voters, it should be noted...should just accept having their votes invalidated just because the other side might get violent?

What would keep Trump in check? A Senate that is rolling over for him all day every day? A SCOTUS court that can go 7-2 in a failed heartbeat?

They lost. This isn't a both sides thing. Trump lost. He doesn't get to be president under any circumstances.

Nook, Yung-T, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Should there be no concern given he won't concede defeat?

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  17. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

If Biden becomes the president how is it invalidating the other side? The voters still get to see him in office.

Its a tough pill to swallow but the best course of action would be whatever it is to preserve the peace and get moving in a constructive manner.

Rs still have support of the Supreme Court, they gained major ground in the House and *for now* looks like they may have the Senate as well. Losing out on the Presidency may be a tough bitter pill to swallow but for the long game its worth it.

18. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

If Trump wins by subverting democracy then there is no faith in government institutions left. Had Trump won the popular vote by millions AND the electoral college, there'd be some butthurt Dems in this thread, but it'd be the will of the people.

Yung-T, joshuaao, Lar and 5 others like this.
  19. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

What does wanting peace have to do with it? I believe Biden should reach out to the other side (as he is doing).

I was just responding to that you were saying that both sides were being lunatics. But that is not the case. The republicans are refusing to accept the election. The republicans are making up conspiracy theories trying to destroy the confidence the people have in the election. Those are facts, and they should be called out for doing that.

Nobody wants a civil war. But there is only one party trying to move that way. I hope (and expect) that at some point the republicans will come to their senses are drop their support for Trump. But I am amazed at how slowly they are doing it. They are playing a dangerous game, giving the idiotic conspiracy theories of Trump such attention. I hope they know what they are doing because once you have fueled the rage of such a large group of people you might not be able to control them.

Nook, Yung-T, joshuaao and 6 others like this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Biden, barring some accident or something, will be president.

I am saying that your 'both sides' argument seems to imply that people that voted for Biden should just be tolerant if Trump pulls off his coup.

joshuaao, Lar and RayRay10 like this.