1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

I wonder if Beard and Westbrook could convince Ibaka to come on mle or if he could be had through sign and trade

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

If a player of Favors caliber and such a great fit into team's system is willing to take the piddling MLE, you do this without hesitation.

And Favors is.already familiar with Bzdelik and his switch everything defense.

Jist find another 5 who can shoot 3ball for vet min if necessary, someone like Jeff Green or Jonah Bolden.

Favors will make everyone forget Clint when Russ sits. Favors and Harden will destroy teams in PnR because Favors is actually a very good passer.

Or better yet do a sign and trade package (EGo plus a pick) for Christian Wood.

Tilly and Stone seriously need to put their money where their mouth is.

I am certain Patrick will steer them right. Patrick is the key to get this ship headed in right direction even if it means paying tax THIS season.

6'3 Russ/McLemore
    6'5 Harden/Nwaba
    6'7 RoCo/House
    6'5 PJ
    6'10 Wood/6'9 Favors

That is a championship contender even without any other moves.

But I'm betting Patrick will hold Stone to his promises and get us a pick or 2 in the draft as well).

A player like sniper Isaiah Joe (6'5) or Luc clone Mamadu Diakite (6'9 with 7'4 wingspan).

When Russ sits, Rockets will be much longer and much more efficient.

6'5 Harden - 6'11 wingspan
    6'5 Tucker - 7'0 wingspan
    6'7 RoCo - 7'2 wingspan
    6'10 Wood - 7'3 wingspan
    6'9 Favors - 7'4 wingspan

Make this happen Patrick!!!!

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2019/...-report-rudy-gobert-zion-jahlil-okafor-center

#462 D-rock, Nov 9, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

basically the options are:

NTMLE - favors
    TMLE - baynes
    minimum - leonard

I still think we need a stretch 5 for rus. I just think he should be taller than 6'7". favors is the rebounder, rim protector, rim roller that would be great with harden but can't spread the floor. he probably gets a large 1 year deal to stay in NOLA.
    the thing about him is, if we want a big guy its to do big guy things. like block shots, roll to the rim, finish lobs from the dunker spots. if we want a shooter out there we can presumably just go with roco and pj and be better defensively. but as you said beggars can't be choosers and if Jeff green gets an offer greater than the minimum, and Meyers is willing to sign here for the minimum, we go with it.

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

favors is for sure getting at least the full NTMLE. if not a larger 1+1 deal to stay in NOLA. but he is elite at protecting the paint and would be a huge get for us. the path to acquiring him is very complicated. either we dump all of gordon's salary into a team with cap space like the wolves or pistons giving them probably 2 picks and maybe house as compensation. then sign him using the full NTMLE. this would also limit flexibility because we'd be right at the tax line and wouldn't be allowed to exceed the tax at any point. or, complete a S&T deal for him which means convincing the pels to take gordon in return... I'm sure they'd prefer tucker/house. which again means compensating with picks and hard capping ourselves at the apron which we will likely be very close to depending on favor's new salary and what our outgoing package is (ego or pj/house).

the same complications are there for ibaka and wood. I just don't see either complicated option being worked out for any of those guys given the hyper shortened offseason.

the possibility of trading for a center is also there, although again with the short offseason I think less trades will happen. but say we do ego/pj for horford, pj/house/pick for turner, gordon/house/pick for dieng, gordon for nance. then use the TMLE on a wing player like Matthews, holiday, Bazemore, harkless, or hood. but again I don't see the trade route working out in the offseason.

it would be easier, and more likely, to spend the TMLE on someone like Baynes, noel, plumlee, or Boucher, then trade gordon at the deadline if Tilly wants to duck the tax again.

#464 smoothie, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    fattz and D-rock like this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I rule out Favors because I saw that he wants to go back to Utah and Utah wants him back. So there would be a discount to play in Utah.......not in Houston. Advantage Utah.

https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player/29576/derrick-favors

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yup. plus see my post above yours. too complicated as well.

Baynes is a realistic get. so is noel. I think plumlee and Boucher are both gettable for the TMLE and would be great too. noel and plumlee don't hit 3's but are excellent finishers at the rim. plumlee was 96th percentile at rim proficiency and 92nd at rim frequency. he also provides >90th% in rebounds and blocks. 78th% in passing which for a center is amazing. and again anytime we saw James with a big who can make a play he's had great chemistry with them.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

For what it’s worth.....this was written at start of last season when Baynes played out of his mind. One
    NBA executive said he (Baynes) was playing himself into well over a $10 million dollar contract in the
    offseason.
    https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/11/1...s-were-hoping-suns-would-buy-out-aron-baynes/

I still think he gets around $9 million if not more this off season. Most teams feel he has 1 to 2 good years in him still.

I’ve overstated this, and now won’t say another word on the matter. I won’t be against the Rockets getting Baynes,
    just think it would take a miracle .

D-rock likes this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Going to be interesting that’s for sure.

9. BraBra

BraBra Member

Hi guys. It’s nice to be on board

10. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

The legend is here! Welcome sir

Rudyc281 and BraBra like this.
  11. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

I like it! Especially the unit without Russ. Twin towers with 4 out of 5 shooters

D-rock likes this.
  12. lloyde8

Hey! Finally! You're welcome!

Rudyc281 and BraBra like this.
  13. lloyde8

This should be the starting lineup. Once upon a time Favors was developing a 3 point shot
    1)Russ
    2)Harden
    5)Favors
    3)Covington
    4)Wood

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Wassup @BraBra what you been hearing????

Rudyc281 and lloyde8 like this.
  15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

5 likes my way or imma report you.

16. BraBra

BraBra Member

I know there’s a lot of idiots on this thread. I ask for likes to gauge my audience. Just like to see how many people are interacting. No one cares about twitter likes in 2020 chief

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

What’s the latest??

In BraBra we trust!

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

19. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Lol. This will definitely end well.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we are not on this thread, we are at this thread. or perhaps upon this thread. or maybe up on this thread!

Scarface likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.