1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Josh Jackson with portion of Tax MLE
    Burke with the rest

Trade House for Bamba

Russ / Trey Burke
    Harden/ Ben MC
    Eric / / Nwaba / Tate
    RoCo / Jackson/ Bruno
    PJ / Bamba

That looks good.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Gordon and Tucker for Derozan works in the trade machine. I know he's a worse 3 point shooter than Westbrook but he's a top notch scoring threat in the mid-range, an element we need (and not just Harden doing even more).

I wonder if you could even do some sneaky **** and convince him to opt out (not the hard part looks like) and take a MLE contract with us to win a chip? He and Harden have known each other since they were little and all that. If you could pull the House/Bamba trade off and then convince him to overload the team for a year that would be mighty interesting.

Westbrook
    Harden, Gordon, McLemore
    Derozan,
    Covington, Tucker, J Green
    Bamba, Noel

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

hard pass on this one. doesn't matter how little they ask for in return lol.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

@lloyde8 keeps posting this guy even though I've told him it was fake at least three times. I think he may be trying to be a twitter insider.

smoothie and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Reason why I put Oladipo in is he expires after this season, so it frees up $20m in cap to sign Giannis, and they could bring Oladipo back and have him, Jimmy and Giannis. I don’t think they part with both Herro and Nunn unless it’s for at least Beal if not Giannis.

saleem likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think that's going to happen. LAL will easily give up McGee for EGO, but not with Kuzma. That's unacceptable for you, as well as for me, and everyone else too. The Kuzma "report" seems totally fake to me.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Was totally just goofing here so DON'T freak out!

IF we just blew it up would you go for something like this? (Washington/Knicks/Rockets)

***Houston would also get NY and WA 2020 first round picks (8,9) and 2021 first round picks from NY and WA.***

Rockets In: Betrans (WA), Beal (WA), Payton II (WA), Barrett (NY), Portis (NY), EPayton (NY)
    Wizards In: Harden, House
    Knicks In: Russ, Gordon

AGAIN - Just messing around here!

8. saleem

I would take the first trade, but I feel LAL will be stingy even if they like House and Ben Mac. Clemons doesn't have enough experience.

9. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

I'm sorry ill stop. I'm just excited for some moves. My apologies

saleem, ApacheWarrior and treyk3 like this.
  10. saleem

Please don't mess around like that again. It's bad for my health. Try Westbrook instead of Harden.

jdiggidy likes this.
  11. saleem

That works for me. Give Burke the vet minimum.

ApacheWarrior and jdiggidy like this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I am too! I'm just trying to let you know that particular guy is tricking you. He's a clear troll.

lloyde8 and saleem like this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Silas is quoted as saying he wants a bigger center to run plays. The Rockets are capped out and it has to be done
    by trade unless Tilman ok’s going into the Luxury tax. Rivers opts out but I believe a cap hold stays in place until
    he signs with another team officially.

So you are not wrong to be excited. People clamoring for $10 million dollar or more Centers are the unrealistic ones.
    Not without a trade of Eric Gordon. And then the addition of center but loss of Eric Gordon.....does it
    make us better. Porzingis, Kleber, Boban Marjanovic didn’t get the Mavs past the Clippers in the
    first round.

lloyde8 likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well it shaves $5.5 million off the Rockets team payroll. If you think Baynes can be had for $5 million in free agency.

Then basically Eric Gordon turns into Kuzma/MeGee + Baynes.

I think everyone knows the Lakers will let Rondo/Dwight Howard go and hope MeGee pots out to bring in Baynes....
    keep AD at the 4 mostly. Lakers are afraid MeGee opts in and would rather move him if possible. Ok’s trade.

So $5 million would not keep the Lakers from getting Baynes over the Rockets.?.

saleem likes this.
  15. saleem

You’re right. LAL wants to move MeGee. Baynes would be a perfect fit for them. Why would Rondo want to leave LAL bro?

16. saleem

If Baynes is out of our reach, as it seems, then who is this mythical spacing/ playmaking center that Silas is seeking?
    We need defense and rebounding too.

Ibaka doesn’t qualify as a real center to me. If he was younger and explosive, he would be an ideal modern day 5/4.

#216 saleem, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  17. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

I have a couple of questions for the Caps experts. Do the Rockets have the Non Tax payer MLE 9 Millions per Year or 4 yrs 40 mil (Jeremi Grant, Ibaka) or the Tax payer MLE? 5.7 Mil per year or 3yrs 18 mil (Favors) In all honesty even "IF" they have the Non Tax MLE I don't think they will go that deep into paying the Tax but with that available you can also use the Bi-Annual exception. 3.2 mil per year or 2 yrs 7.5 mil (Noel for example). Bima where you at boy?

#217 jonasXV, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    saleem likes this.
  18. lloyde8

19. lloyde8

No problem bro. We are both on the Houston Rockets lol. Thanks

treyk3 and saleem like this.
  20. saleem

@BimaThug