1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. rockets13champs

Any of y’all know when trades can start again? Now with election over and no sports on. (Yes texans suck so I’m not watching football rn) I need my sports news fix. ANYONE?

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Pops might be the only coach who can unlock Wiggins.

But Wiggins should be better than DeRozan, but he is not right now.

Wiggins has been a bust because he was supposed to be a 2 way player, he has shown he only cares about offense.

While Wiggins is comparable to AG in length and explosive athleticism, their passion for game, their hustle, dedication to defense and BB IQ are entirely different.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

NEW: Cleveland has put Larry Nance Jr. and Dante Exum on the trade block. This seems like trash to 99.99% of fans outside of CLE but CLE is in a win now mode and they are targeting a wing.

SAC has put Harrison Barnes on the block and want to get rid of his contract. Vlade loved Barnes but McNair does not (lol). This might be a deal that happens as both has what the other wants.

Pels are targeting LaMelo Ball right now as mentioned earlier.

Patrick Williams is moving up the board. What Givony is saying is right on Patrick Williams. He even has a shot at the Hawks pick.

lloyde8 and D-rock like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We should jump on Nance Jr if we can.

House, Rivers, Nwaba, Clemons for Nance Jr

or

Tucker to team X, Fillers + pick to Cavs, Nance Jr to Rockets

5. rockets13champs

Nance is a nice center. But his contract too much

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Can we even trade Rivers? I think he'll opt out, at that point i don't even know if we could trade for him, also cause Tilman won't pay the tax for Nance (and i'd say rightfully so lol), i also wouldn't trade PJ for him tbh, i think we can get similar value for free in free agency.

7. rockets13champs

4 team trade:

PHILLY IN: Buddy Hield

SAC IN: Danuel House, Eric Gordon, Al Horford, Exum, Nance, 2020 FRP from Philly

HOU IN: Bagley, Holmes, S&T Bazemore (cheaper contract than EG 5-6 mill / year annually)

Cleveland in: BArnes

Houston new depth:

Bagley/ Holmes
    PJ/Jeff Green
    Covington/Nwaba/ Gerald Green?
    Harden/ Bazemore
    Russ/ MLE/1 Year for DJ augustin?

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My thought process is that he can opt in to be traded with the agreement that he will be bought out. We can send enough cash to cover that cost. So he’d get his entire salary, and then he’d be able to sign as a FA wherever he wants for however much he can get.

On Nance, I think he has a special combo of skills that can’t be found easily. He got size at 6’7 245 7ft wingspan that helps him hold his own against bigs, he’s got hops that allow him to play above try the rim like Clint, he’s got the lateral quickness to guard most wings, he can rebound, and he’s developed a 3PT shot to stretch the floor.

I love PJ but I’d trade him for Nance.

#148 ThatBoyNick, Nov 9, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    jch1911, D-rock and Vivi like this.
  9. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

That's from NBA Supes!

10. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/page/274/#comments

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cavs are rebuilding not sure if 36 year old Tucker moves needle.

At 6'7 Nance is not answer at 5 that Silas is looking for but should not cost more than EGo and a pick.

Use MLE for 5 spot.

6'3 Russ
    6'5 Harden
    6'7 RoCo
    6'7 Nance
    6'10 Giles (MLE)

#151 D-rock, Nov 9, 2020
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rivers more likely to opt in if we send him to team that needs starting PG or to one of cities he calls home - ORL, LAL, LAC

Or to PHI to reunite with Doc (and Morey).

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I agree, if you reread my post you’ll see that I only mentioned him as a piece in a 3 way deal.

A first doesn’t dump Gordon for a useless expiring for a team like the Cavs, IMO. Nance is worth a 1st himself, I don’t see a way to bridge the value gap for having the Cavs take Gordon’s contract while giving us back Nance Jr.

I think Nance Jr would be a great fit at C for us. But if we can get Baynes or Gasol you go for it as well and play bigger.

Don’t see how Giles fits as a non 3PT shooter with Russ, if he comes for the min why not, but there’s got to be a reason the Kings declined a 1st rd picks option after just 2 seasons.

D-rock likes this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

is this a sign from Ibaka?

He also fits into my Christian Wood plan but I would prefer Wood.

Eric for a FRP and a TPE. 4/48 for Ibaka. (Saves 4 per year) SNT with a SRP for Ibaka (hard capped)

Draft either a PG or C (future use like the guy from UMinn @DRock). Add the other with a NTMLE or Vet Min.

start here

Russ /
    James / Ben Mc
    RoCo / Nwaba
    PJ / (Tate)
    Ibaka / (Bruno)

( ) - denotes FA signing who is realistic and linked to the Rockets

Deuce, Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nance at 6'7 with a 7'1 wingspan is not the answer at center IMO.

Small ball offensive center, sure, but he is a liability on defense vs. traditional 5's or physical bigs.

Even with his 44" vert, Nance has never been a prolific rim protector.

RoCo is better at protecting the rim even if his wingspan is just slightly longer (7'2 vs. 7'1).

If 2 FRP is what is needed then I'd expand trade to 4 teams to maximize the return, including a real center.

ORL: Russ Westbrook, Kelly Oubre, Cam Johnson, Frank Kaminsky, Austin Rivers (opt in)

Russ/Rivers-Oubre-Fournier/Ennis-Cam/Okeke-Vuc/Kaminsky is top 5 team in East.

PHX: Markelle Fultz, Larry Nance Jr, Ben McLemore

Fultz-Booker-Bridges-Nance-Ayton with Rubio off the bench is more potent more balanced Suns team.

CLE: Eric Gordon, Al-Farouq Aminu, Terrance Ross + Suns FRP + Magic FRP + Rockets FRP

HOU: Aaron Gordon, Andre Drummond, Jonathan Isaac, Mo Bamba

6'5 Harden/6'5 Nwaba
    6'6 House/6'8 Jackson (MLE)
    6'7 RoCo/6'7 Broekhoff (vet min)
    6'8 AG/6'5 Tucker
    6'10 Drummond/7'0 Bamba

Drummond not stretch 5 (although 3ball has improved) but he is the most prolific rebounder in NBA in last 4-5 years and also one of the most defensively disruptive bigs (top 10 in steals, deflections & blocks).

Drummond more known for his offense, rebounding and even ball handling.

But he is a very underrated defender.

https://cavaliersnation.com/2020/07...s-not-being-considered-defensive-player-year/

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would prefer Christian Wood but I could live with Ibaka.

But Rockets really need to make soon to be 36 PJ Tucker a 6th man.

treyk3 likes this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think he can start with that lineup and it adds optionality. I forgot House in that one.

Best case would be Ibaka taking the Non- Tax MLE and we keep everyone else. I can't see him taking THAT big of a pay cut despite his age.

Russ
    Gordon /Ben Mc
    RoCo / NWaba
    Harden / House / Tate
    Ibaka/ PJ/ Bruno

D-rock likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harry Giles has ability to be a point center. Sac fans have already likened him to Chris Webber in size and game.

The Webber comparisons are more fair than the Garnett/Amare comparisons when he was 100% and coming out of HS.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....-star-comparisons-for-top-10-players.amp.html

And Vlade was UNIVERSALLY ridiculed for declining Giles JUST as he finally got healthy. And he got fired for it, that decision was just as much a disaster and franchise changer as passing on Luka.

https://aroyalpain.com/2020/02/28/sacramento-kings-harry-giles-miss/

When healthy Giles is a double double machine with the added playmaking ability.

And Nance is 27 (took him 6 years in NBA to find his 3ball) while Giles is still 22.

6'7 vs. 6'10 - Giles wins
    7'4 wingspan vs. 7'1 wingspan - Giles wins

Giles is exactly the kind of lengthy skilled rim runner and rim protector that Silas envisaged when team plays BIG.

"Playoff teams with outside-scoring threats can use Giles as a big that can rebound and keep the ball moving around the perimeter. The 6’11 forward can also clean up around the basket, where he converted 80-percent of his attempts-at-the-rim in 2019-20."

https://khtk.com/13506/hgiii-free-agency/

#158 D-rock, Nov 9, 2020
    fattz and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not sure what to believe but thought I'd share.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. rockets13champs

I blocked his ass lol

Rudyc281 likes this.