1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Assassins Creed Valhalla ...PS5 or XBOX Series X?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dnjndmrc5, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

I am conflicted on which copy to get. For those that are getting both next-gen consoles, which copy are you planning on picking up? PS5 or XBX SX? I have heard that PS5 is only "upscaled" to 4K 60fps...can anyone confirm this? The XBX version is supposed to be native 4K. I am leaning towards XBX

I have a 65 inch OLED.

Please merge with a similar thread if this has been discussed elsewhere.

2. Beezy

Beezy Member

Digital Foundry will probably make a video comparing the two versions. In theory the Series X should have the better looking version of any third party game, since it has more CPU/GPU power, but I'm not sure how noticeable the differences will end up being.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Series X will be native 4k60, whereas PS5 Version is upscaled 4k60. The difference shouldn't be huge, as the upscaling tech Sony utilizes has been great in the past.

In any case, you should wait for tech analysis when DigitalFoundry does a video, we'll have to wait and see whether both platforms hit the 60fps cap constantly or display any drops.

5. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

As mentioned, the XSX version will probably look better as it is the more powerful console. No idea how noticeable it will be though.

I'd like to see the visual breakdowns, but I'm guessing it will be better to base your decision off of other things. If you like XBL, Quick Resume, have a ton of games you need to store, etc., maybe go with XSX. If you like the DualSense stuff, Activity Cards, maybe slightly faster loading, etc., go with PS5.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

PS5 -- controller for true next gen.

TimDuncanDonaut and tmoney1101 like this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

How much better is series x to Xbox one?

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Controller has 2-4 hours of battery life....LOL. There is a reason MS using double AA batteries. Easily replaceable, and you can use rechargeables.

9. KingCheetah

7 hours.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Not according to people testing it and posting on YouTube. Testing WHILE playing games.

11. KingCheetah

Oh really?

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

If anyone hasn’t ordered a copy yet Amazon is running a coupon for 10 off. Probably won’t ship for a while though.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Stadia?

There's a crazy deal right now for free Stadia bundle if you have a YouTube Premium sub.

The crazy part is that it still works if someone adds you on their family plan.

Buying games on a cloud platform sounds weird but you don't need Stadia Pro to access it, unless you got unlimited bandwidth and want to play 4k all the time

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you have an oled, everything will look good

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So the Xbox is stronger than the ps5 this gen? hmmm, should I switch I haven't had an Xbox in forever

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

PC of course.

Andre0087 likes this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Only marginally, plus there's barely any exclusives. There's also the issue of the lower-spec Series S which they will have to accommodate to with all XBox exclusives, so XBox exclusives should look worse than PS5 exclusives.

peleincubus likes this.
  19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Stadia is pretty terrible and the majority of games there actually isn't 4k or 60fps, you just have to read the fine print.

https://stadiasource.com/games/?type=resolutions

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'd be interested if side by side comparisons between it and consoles were made. Cloud gaming could get better or worse depending on the user load or improvements in hardware.