1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The ending (before they added the dlc to remedy it) kinda rendered all the decisions made throughout the games useless and forced you into a single, badly narrated path, which imo doesn't make any sense for a trilogy that advertised the importance of the player's decisions so hard. Seeing how your decisions carried over from game to game and the effort many therefore put in to hopefully achieve the best ending possible, it seemed like a giant middle finger to the fans.

But overall, ME3 was actually my favourite title of the three (if you disregard the ending) and felt like they really mastered the gameplay and narration. So I'd really advise you to play it @RC Cola .

RC Cola and Blatz like this.
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I'll probably give it a shot with this remaster.

It has been so long that I can't even remember exactly what bothered me about ME3. The ending for sure seemed like it was poorly done, but I want to say it was more than just that. I think I was even slightly disappointed in ME2 to be honest, although I still enjoyed it quite a bit overall.

I'm thinking I just got bored with the overall story arc maybe? Still loved the universe, but lost interest in a fairly cliché storyline that was being dragged out across 3 games. At least...I think that's how I felt? Haha I can't remember much to be honest. More reason to replay things. The DLC for ME3 sounds pretty great, so if nothing else, that should make it worth the effort.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Maybe it's about the first title being more about slow exploration of the universe, races and uncovering mysteries, while number 2 and 3 turned more into a space opera and an action flick.

It's a pretty heavy contrast imo.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

mining for stuff on different planets was an awesome mini game

Yung-T likes this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's really hated on by a lot of ppl, which I never understood.

I spent a ton of time searching for the best planets, there's a feeling of satisfaction when you hit the right spot and get an abundance of the right resources.

tinman likes this.
  7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Apparently Amazon is back logged on Xbox, either that or it's just my order :(

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

did you order day 1? Did you ever get a delivery date?

my ps5 is slated for Thursday.

9. LCAhmed

Yes day 1, no not a delivery date.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Target just shipped my Xbox apparently. Still not sure it’s worth it with Halo delayed. I think I’m more interested in Sony exclusives.

LCAhmed and tmoney1101 like this.
  11. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm thinking that was exactly the issue I had. Not that it is bad per se (I did enjoy ME2 after all), but I was hoping for something more like ME1. If they can keep the storylines somewhat self-contained in future titles while offering more universe exploration, space mysteries, etc., I'll probably be right back on board with future ME titles.

I want Mass Effect: The Next Generation basically. :p

Yung-T likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you can play those optimized games from the old catalog , also for 'next gen' the Assasins Creed game and the watch dog games are good

BigM likes this.
  13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Ultimate Game Pass will have a 30-day trial of Disney+ for those thinking of using installment plan. Nice little perk for those that want to binge watch a couple seasons of the Mandolorian this holiday season. With EA Play added to Game Pass, I'm going to have a hard time justifying upgrading though.

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Curious, why not upgrade? You can do it for a dollar and then when it's over go back to Live Gold... right?

15. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Have you played the new Watch Dogs. I enjoyed the first one but hated the second. The characters were very cringe and I finished the game barely ever using a gun or getting in a fight unless I was forced to by the game. Just sat back calling in the police and gang wars.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Talking upgrade to Next-Gen. Have so much to play on XBOX one, and so little time. Until Halo Infinite comes out, better graphics on some games doesn't wow me.

Blatz likes this.
  17. LCAhmed

Just got the Amazon email, my xbox will ship between now and end of the year.... I'ma try my luck for a local store tonight and if not I guess I'll wait.

18. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Man Imma try my luck with getting an XBox Series X tomorrow first thing in the morning but you said tonight? Which local stores you think will have some in stock?

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I didn't know PS4 will be able to sling the PS5, that's coo. Anyways, asking again, how do I get a PS5 this week? I've got that #99er money just need a plug.

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish I had time to burn on video games again.