1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will Trump do the final 2 months?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Kim, Nov 7, 2020.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’m hoping he resigns in the next day or two and let’s Pence handle the transition. Rush and Hannity are probably the only two guys who could convince him to do that. Maybe Roger Stone. Putin for sure could call him and talk him into it.

Putin really though is the guy to watch. He knows Biden coming in office is imminent. He knows NATO is about to still be there when it might not be if Trump won. He still has Trump in his pocket though and will be able to give him both shelter criminally and also give him a media presence that he might not get here in the US if Murdoch abandons him and he can’t compete with wherever network he sets up.

His businesses in the US are finished. China, the Saudis, India, etc. all will drop doing business with him overnight. He has nothing to offer foreign dictators anymore expect for Putin who still can use him as a media disinformation carnival barker.

So I say all eyes are on Putin. He could order Trump to leave the country tonight and Trump would probably be out the door in 30.

DaDakota, Deckard, JayGoogle and 4 others like this.
  2. Outlier

Outlier Member

He doesn't have access to nukes, right?

3. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Line up a new reality show .........Life With The Donald, ratings would be off the charts and he could keep the family employed.....minus fake Melania of course :)

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...that's already started with all this talk about "compromise" and "working together" and "healing wounds" and "not going too far left"...by the party that was okay as late as six months ago with going "too far right" in order to save the nation...

...the last thing any of them are interested in is compromise...if by compromise, it's meant that you better watch what you call medicare for all, or criminal justice reform, or some type of initiatives to help ease the transition this "economy" is in (and has been in for at least the last 20 years)...from being a largely industrial one to a gig or service economy, that it took the advent of an indiscriminate global health crisis to expose as unsustainable and dangerously fragile...

...I get it...if you have to sprinkle a little sugar into the cough syrup to get the kids to take the medicine they need, so be it...

...but I've personally had enough of these "Republicans" who have consistently chosen "image" over "substance"...and have sought the most effective way to get a lie across to people who were inclined to believe that lie anyway...

...what the Democrats need to do is make sure that they draw the line between "corporate interests" and "public good" in their own house...they've played the role of looking like corporate republicans (for whatever reason) long enough...

#44 mdrowe00, Nov 7, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    Nook, IBTL, DVauthrin and 5 others like this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

He’s a narcissist who has achieved the highest level of attention. He needs it like a junkie needs heroin. That will inform his actions.

Nook, IBTL, No Worries and 2 others like this.
  6. conquistador#11

I'd play a lot of golf and start endless go fund me accounts, rage tweet, borrow ted cruz's password for premium p*rn. Invite rick gaetz over to hear him tell me how great I am. Send a couple of threats to countries I'd never go to war with. 'China, I'm going to say something very nasty. I don't mean it! Play along. My daughter's patents still intact? She wants to do body lotions now '

#46 conquistador#11, Nov 7, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    saitou and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Major

Major Member

He's going to try to install loyalists all throughout government, so they can gum up the works for Biden. His Civil Service head (a loyal Republican who he appointed!) already resigned in protest of this plan.

Nook and IBTL like this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

"you guys got this all wrong" is the other one you say a lot

i like your takes though

JayGoogle and RayRay10 like this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

saudi and uae would shelter him.
    i think i was looking for the sensational too but im thinking the season finale goes a bit more flat.

how he has been last few days is how he will be. he has been relativy quiet.

think about it ...he is done with the people and his whole situation on his mind has moved to this litigation. no need to talk to the people. he will do that later if he gets his way.

hes not thinking about much past " im a fighter"
    he doesnt have to act now on anything and he has until jan 20-21ish to make any hard moves .

this lawsuit court stuff occupies him enough that it is actually a good thing to keep him quiet.

resigns day of and gets pence to pardon is there of course but he doesnt bounce just yet either.

he may not even try to get pardon to take his chances and save face and cut out to russia when he needs to last minute if at all. that could be before jan 20 or summer or when it gets hot.

i guess it depends on how bad his legal situation is. he knows best..even if its shakey he likely stays in fl to save face. if he bounces to uae or russia then you know hes got some bad dirt on him. he will know and thats how you will know.

uae and russia are later emergency backup plan.

people are told what they are charged with..convicting ex president of anything is tall order even in a banana republic. trump knows this.

they are talking about investigations against hunter trump can do that dad cant stop..im sure trump is that petty too but only if things get ugly. trump is making offers to biden pence and all involved.

even at one point was saying along lines of " you get michigan and i get pennsylvania" kinda thing..some kind of trade...he thinks it can work that way even though he and all know its a refusal of inevitable and a denial.

trump is used to suits, legal, and pleas
    it would be great if he could legalize weed or hook some side order of stimulus or Id even take a trump day from work. it can be friday 13th even

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

all the people he bullied on his staff look like they're going to bail.
    One was quoted as "why should I hang around for this"

Imagine him sitting in the oval office all alone picking up the phone and no one answers.

Hahaha

IBTL, HP3 and RayRay10 like this.
  11. HROZ

HROZ Member

Hopefully look at controlling the explosion of covid numbers.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

...in the White House.

Rashmon and RayRay10 like this.
  13. swedish-olajuwon

Proud of all you normal and intelligent people who voted for Biden.
    Trump has been a cancer to the american society, the polarization in the US seems crazy high and the fake news era really showed how disgusting it is and will be unless normal people tell them to go to hell.

I wonder how the over emotional puppet Trump will do now though. We are talking about the same jackass who visited Saudiarabia as his first official visit as a president, he is the same jerk who said "he loves" the dictator King Salman of Saudiarabia.

IBTL, DVauthrin, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  14. astros123

astros123 Member

I'm not a democrat nor a moderate. Im a populist and I support help for the people. I say it like it is.

IBTL likes this.
  15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Exactly this and nothing else.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's essentially what Nixon did with Ford. The big difference being Nixon wasn't facing civil and state charges, lawsuits up the kazoo, imminent bankruptcy and, worst of all for trump, complete and utter failure. Looking the fool. No way out of it. Nixon faced the last part, but stood up to it. Mary Trump would understand that. If trump wasn't an abject coward, I think he would take his own life.

trump should work a deal with Pence, resign, Pence pardons him, and trump flies out on an private jet to Moscow, one of the Gulf States, or snuggles up to Prince Salman, who owes trump a favor. I doubt if we will be that lucky. I would like the rotten b*stard out of the country.

IBTL, Xerobull and RayRay10 like this.
  17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Execute order 66 - standby !

Xerobull likes this.
  18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Hopefully there are some sane staffers left. I haven't been keeping up with who replaced mattis and kelly.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/11/donald-trump-nuclear-weapons-richard-nixon-215478

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I’m not kidding that I think he will host rallies for his loyal followers to celebrate him and see him off like the loser that he is.

No Worries and BigM like this.