1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

President Elect Joe Biden!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AkeemTheDreem86, Nov 7, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do not have to trust, just stare the naked truth in the eye.

There is a chance Donald and his lackeys can make it very ugly and do all sort of sabotage.

2021 is the inauguration.

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

No, it is over.

Biden is staring down over 300 electoral votes. Trump is going to prove voter fraud on enough ballots in 3-4 states? Nope.

Trump is the 4th incumbent in 100 years to lose. The others lost to charismatic all time great Presidents like Roosevelt, Reagan and Clinton.... Trump lost to Biden.

Trump inherited a booming economy and had he properly handled COVID, he would have been rallied around.

Instead he lied, purposely destroyed our institutional integrity and was in general a horrible and combative person.

The Trump presidency was a failure.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm not dismissing it. I've listened and looked into some of it.

If you want me to point you to the conspiracy theory that I think may hold the most water (but obviously still think is bananas), it's the one where the voting machines were supposedly on the Clinton Foundation's bankroll. That's an interesting one. Especially with the updates coming in at bad timing. Still holds no water. Republicans are crying out that that is the machines they used in every swing state. That's fine. That's also the machines they used in Florida and Texas. Wouldn't it have been easier to swing those states for Biden and end the race by 10:00 eastern Tuesday night?

On top of that, Trump ain't coming back from being down 4.2+ million popular votes, and almost 100 in the electoral college.

It's not a dismissal. It's simply telling you that I have respect for your opinions, but you're smarter than this that's going on here.

4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Y'all the election fraud truthers just need to be mocked. You know they are never going to acknowledge reality.

6. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Congratulations America! There is hope

ROCKSS, vlaurelio and Chilly_Pete like this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I honestly dont know what you mean. Yes, I say some things in hyperbole. In this case, I only was implying now that Biden won the presidency, his job is done. He can resign and give Harris the wheel. Biden has won my respect, so Im not throwing shade.

The only person I compare Trump to is Hillary. No, they do not pair up 1 to 1, but they both are disgusting people in their own right. Its just my opinion.

I have no respect for the RNC or DNC. Both parties have respectable and despicable politicians throughout their ranks. Each politician has to answer to their constituents and to their respective partys political power grabs.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Very well said. The truth won't be well received in some quarters, but that's exactly what you posted.

9. Raz

Raz Member

Wish I could write "Welcome back to the civilised world", but this turning out to be a close race means you're still kilometres away. Hope Biden will find the way.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Spooner

Spooner Member

Nah. You just have Biden Derangement Syndrome.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That people aren’t used to his “display”...or that it’s still acceptable post-Concussion Gate for humans to be used as tackling dummies?

AleksandarN, CometsWin and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The truth was stretched and tortured longer than four years.

People still think Obama, and now Kamala, are not naturally born Americans...:rolleyes:

mdrowe00, vlaurelio and RayRay10 like this.
  13. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

IT'S OVER, mate.

Deal with it. It's like your down 20 points with 20 sec to go in the 4th quarter. Say hi to your new president.

RayRay10 and vlaurelio like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

An analysis by CNN that Biden was the right candidate for the Democrats to win swing states based on that he fared much better than Democratic House candidates in those states. It also addresses the issue of whether a more liberal Democrat could've done better.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/08/politics/democrats-biden-election/index.html

Joe Biden won a race another Democrat may have lost

(CNN)President-elect Joe Biden made the pitch that he was the most electable Democrat during the primary season. It was a big reason why primary voters ultimately nominated him.

A look at the still compiling returns demonstrates that Democrats made the right bet. Biden is projected to win an election that another Democrat, especially a more liberal one, may very well have lost.
    While Biden is leading in states worth 306 electoral votes, the race for president was actually decided on a razor's edge. Biden and President Donald Trump ended up within a few points of each other in the states that made the difference.
    Biden is currently ahead by less than a point in Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Without winning at least some combination of these states, Biden would not be able to reach the necessary 270 electoral votes to win the election.

The fact that the election was closer than pre-election polls indicated might be used as an indictment of Biden. It shouldn't be.

Compare how Biden is doing to Democratic House candidates in each of these states. If Biden were a weaker candidate than average, these Democrats should, on the whole, be outrunning Biden.
    The opposite happened: Biden is outrunning the House Democrats in all these pivotal states.
    More to the point, Republican candidates for the House are actually getting more votes than their Democratic counterparts in all these states. As of this writing, the margin is less than 10,000 in Arizona, while it's over 90,000 in Georgia, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
    (Note: Democrats and Republicans had a candidate on the ballot for each House race in these states.)
    In other words, it seems quite conceivable that the baseline Democrat may not have actually won the states that he or she would have needed to win the Electoral College.
    The pattern of Biden doing better than Democratic House candidates was seen in the national House and presidential popular vote, as well. This matched pre-election polling in which Biden's lead over Trump was larger than the Democratic advantage on the generic congressional ballot.
    As I noted before, it is unusual for an challenger in a presidential race to run ahead of his party in the race for House control when his party controls the House. The reason being that you'd expect Trump and the House Democrats to have some sort of an incumbency advantage.
    Obviously, it is difficult to disentangle why Biden was running ahead of the congressional Democrats. It could be because Biden was unusually strong or Trump was unusually weak. It's probably a bit of both.
    What is clear is that Biden was liked by the electorate. Biden's favorable rating was above his unfavorable in pre-election polling. The national exit poll showed Biden with a 52% favorable rating to 46% unfavorable rating. Biden won because he took almost all of the voters (94%) who had a favorable view of him.
    That was in sharp contrast to four years ago when Hillary Clinton's unfavorable rating was above her favorable rating in the exit polls. Just 43% of voters held a favorable view of Clinton. This was above Trump's (38%), but it left 18% of the electorate with an unfavorable rating of both Clinton and Trump. Trump won those voters by 17 points.
    Biden, simply put, closed the door on Trump's making this a contest between the lesser of two evils.
    One (of a number of reasons) that Biden was better liked than Clinton may have had to do with ideology.
    Biden was seen as more moderate than Trump by voters in pre-election polling. This stood in contrast to Trump being viewed as more moderate than Clinton in 2016.
    Biden, of course, ran as a mainstream Democrat.
    Biden used his ideological position as an argument for his candidacy during the primary season when he ran a few points stronger than Sens. Bernie Sanders and especially Elizabeth Warren in general election polling.
    Biden's belief was backed up by years of research suggestive of the fact that candidates on the ends of the ideological spectrum tend to do worse.
    You could see this play out in races like that for Nebraska's 2nd Congressional District. Biden easily took the district by nearly 7 points and earned himself an extra electoral vote in a state that awards an electoral vote to the winner of each of its congressional districts.
    The Democratic candidate for the House, Kara Eastman, wasn't so fortunate. She lost by 6 points to Republican Rep. Don Bacon. The fact that there was such a strong difference between the House and presidential voting patterns in an age of tremendous polarization is telling. Eastman was backed by the progressive groups Justice Democrats and stood for "Medicare for All."
    That distinction between Biden and the left may have made all the difference in what ended up being a presidential race that took four days to call. Without Biden at the top of the ticket, Trump may very well have stunned the world again and earned a second term in the White House.

AleksandarN, adoo and RayRay10 like this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just want to make sure that you understand...

There are two options regarding the court cases.

1. Trump does not believe that he will win these cases. He doesn't believe there is widespread voter fraud. If he did he would use his position to get renowned legal experts and constitutional lawyers arguing the cases and showing America the proof of the fraud. Instead he has Rudy Giuliani standing in a parking lot in front of Four Seasons Lawn Care and an adult sex toys shop.

2. He really does believe there is widespread fraud, but is so incompetent that he doesn't have renowned legal experts and constitutional lawyers arguing his case but instead, he has Rudy Giuliani standing in a parking lot in front of Four Seasons Lawn Care and an adult sex toys shop giving press conferences Fox News won't even cover.

Whichever option you choose to believe, it doesn't look good for Trump.

He is keeping it up to sow division and try to make sure Biden doesn't eclipse his presidency.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The problem with these type of analysis is not taking account confounding factors while also ignoring all the data points that go against this narrative such as very proggesive ballot initiatives being passed in states where Trump won which frankly just doesn't make sense. A 15 dollar minimum wage ballot question winning by 20 points is something you would expect in Washington St. or Cali, not a swing state that is trending red.

That's why I never buy into these narratives even when the narrative says say that "it was proggesives that made us win" narratives. Just too many god damn confounding factors. I mean anyone who's done any basic design of experiment understands the importance of taking into account confounding factors.

CNN obviously has a bias here to their shareholders to convince people that progressivism is going to sink Democrats. I wish people would acknowledge these biases rather than pretend only right wing sources have bias.

17. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...I have to say, again, that I like that the Donald's consistent...
    ...whatever the options are, you can always count on the Donald choosing the most insipid and ridiculous one...:D;)

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So true

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. edwardc

edwardc Member