1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will Trump do the final 2 months?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Kim, Nov 7, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Hopefully his staff gives him a fake nuclear football.

JeeberD, superfob, Deckard and 5 others like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He might just bow out. Saying something like "I've decided to let things be, I didn't lose, but the deep state won..." blah blah blah. This only happens if Mitch and other leadership can promise him a spot in their party. This very likely won't happen, but the fact that he's golfing right now means maybe he's already at stage 5 and accepting that he lost.

The other option, the more likely option, is that he drags this out for as long as he possibly can through court battles. The goal here is to just make a mess of things. Dragging out the game and hoping some thing breaks his way.

Or he could just go nuclear. Doing everything he can to take power, this would be a more aggressive coup. Threatening any electors out there to vote for him, give him the votes, and mobilizing his supporters.

I think the 2nd option is much more likely than the other two. Biden won't be confirmed president-elect for weeks until it is clear there is no legal pathway for Trump.

London'sBurning, Kim and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

As curious as I am to see what he does, I’m also curious to see how all the R’s go about abandoning ship.

4. adoo

adoo Member

on this basis, Congress can impeach him again.

this time, even Moscow mitch, just to distance the GOP from the dotard, would go along w the effort

Nook, fchowd0311 and RayRay10 like this.
  5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think Trump is mostly focused on himself and his own legacy. I think that means his focus will be on actions that protect him and his legacy primarily, then on actions that will make the next administration look worse than his.

He'll probably won't be concerned with a stimulus package for people, he'll probably push states to not enact any sort of safety measures during this covid spike, and he'll probably fire anyone that isn't extremely loyal.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

He might **** a few more washed up p*rn stars

7. TimDuncanDonaut

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It could be either extreme, catatonic to starting WW3

To the narcissist, the rage is directed towards the person that they feel has slighted them; to other people, the rage is incoherent and unjust. This rage impairs their cognition, therefore impairing their judgment. During the rage they are prone to shouting, fact distortion and making groundless accusations.[21] In his book The Analysis of the Self, Kohut explains that expressions caused by a sense of things not going the expected way blossom into rages, and narcissists may even search for conflict to find a way to alleviate their pain or suffering.[22] He also noted how psychoanalytic treatment might itself be experienced by a patient as an unbearable narcissistic injury.[22]

IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

trump is literally capable of anything. I think he will attempt to cause as much destruction within and without our government as he can. How I hope I am wrong. I'd much rather the b*stard played golf.

10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Negotiate a full pardon with Biden.

11. Dubious

*pardons are admissions of guilt
    *do not apply to State Crimes

IBTL, RayRay10 and Deckard like this.
  12. astros123

astros123 Member

You guys overblowing this. He's not going do anything extreme because he wants to stay in politics. He'll come out with a tweet blaming the fake news fake media and he'll blame the china virus. He'll say he should have won even though everyone was against him and blah blah.

He'll go out and start trump network next year and take fox news following. Trump is lowkey happy because of how Foxnews handled Arizona they showed alot of their base that their part of the "fake news." This will help him take alot of their viewership.

Win win for everyone.

13. Dubious

He's going to charged with civil crimes at the very least

DVauthrin, RayRay10 and Deckard like this.
  14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

He will do what he did with covid briefings. Disengage. He won’t care. I bet the next two months Pence will be the one doing the actual day to day work of the president.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Dubious

Maybe resign?

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think is a possibility. I think Biden wants to have a smooth transition and wants to get the country past Trump as soon and easily as possible.

gatsby, RayRay10 and JumpMan like this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think the 25th amendment is in play if Trump acts even more unhinged.

Dubious likes this.
  18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Golf a lot?

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly think the best thing Trump can do for himself and the country is to resign and Leave it to Pence to handle the transition. Pence very well could pardon Trump and then Trump gets on a plane with his family and leaves the country to avoid state charges. He can go to Turkey, the UAE or some other country that looks up to him and he has business interests in.

Trump staying in as a lame duck isn't going to appeal to him and that means that he could cause trouble. Trump staying in the US and staying and being relevant is going to be a reminder that he lost and will be a headache to not just the Biden Admin, but also to Republicans trying to move on. Further it will expose him to state liability and likely a host of lawsuits.

RayRay10, fchowd0311 and Dubious like this.