1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What does everyone think Biden's100 day agenda should be?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Nov 7, 2020.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

The first 100 days will be the most crucial years for the Biden administration into shaping it what it will be. He needs to come out strong and swiftly.

-Direct the justice department to expunge all misdemeanor weed cases and decriminalize it weed
    -Executive action on chokeholds
    -To win over the progressive wing which he can control without congressional support is eliminating student debt. If Biden even eliminated 10k of student debt the progressive wing would take that all day and so would the young that came behind Biden
    -rejoin paris climate treaty
    -Give yang a good cabinet position (I think this is already agreed upon)
    -Surround himself with good tech/entrepreneurs

If Biden wants to win over Republican support I would give GOP a defense secretary and a pentagon they wanted. The GOP in reality just cares about the military and low taxes. In exchange I don't think Mitch would mind alot of Biden's moderate infrastructure policies if he got want he wanted as well. They don't give a **** about the environment and labor department as long as it's not completely uprooted.

I honestly think Biden has some room to work here if he really wanted to do good

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Without a Democratic Senate it will be very hard to get meaningful legislation done so I don’t think we’ll see movement on expanding the ACA (provided it survives the USSC case), tax reform, and the Green New Deal and Packing the Court are likely dead.

What I think he can get done is a major stimulus package and I think McConnell will be willing to move on that as the economy is going to take a hit this winter from resurgent CoVId. Also a national policy on CoVID measures including distributing a vaccine and or treatment. Those I think will be the most immediate priorities for the Biden Administration.

Given how many career administrators in all areas of the Executive branch have quit or been fired and replaced with unqualified hacks there will need to be a push to hire some of those back. This will be especially key in the DOJ, intel and State Department.

Biden will need to make a diplomatic blitz to restore faith among Allies and international organizations in faith in the US. Likely this lame duck period our rivals will try to take advantage of the confusion and discord from the last days of the Trump Admin. They will likely also test the Biden admin early on.

Finally I think Biden is going to make some move, not sure what, regarding racial divisions. Early in the new Administration the trials of the LEO who killed George Floyd will happen and that will likely absorb the nation and if by chance they aren’t convicted could see an outbreak of protests and violence.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Dozens and dozens of executive orders.

Have the AG begin investigations into Trump, Barr and Graham and Giuliani.

Give Mueller the Presidential Medal of Freedom

Name a task force with prominent AA to address specific concerns of AA and grant executive orders

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

1. Pandemic control
    2. GA Senate

Dubious likes this.
  5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Time to start playing the game to win...

"The president warned that if the House does not agree to let the Senate adjourn, then he would “exercise my constitutional authority to adjourn both chambers of Congress” and make recess appointments for more than 100 pending nominees, especially those related to the handling of the COVID-19 pandemic and its economic aftermath."

https://www.heritage.org/political-...djourn-congress-and-make-appointments-without

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  6. AkeemTheDreem86

That's a great list, OP, but I think the pandemic and connected economic issues have to be tops from day 1.

ArtV and Two Sandwiches like this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Cleverly disguised "let's make this thread about weed but disguise it well" thread.

I see you, OP. I see you. ;)

BigM, Andre0087 and AkeemTheDreem86 like this.
  8. astros123

astros123 Member

I'm a healthcare provider who makes mid 6 figures I'm not worried about myself. It's clear that the black community came out in droves to help elect Biden in key swing states. He needs to give them something early on to show that he just didn't take all that for granted. If Clyburn hadn't endorsed Biden he would not be president today. With the exit polling in the suburban community, no other democrat this cycle would've been able to beat trump. The American public owes to the black community and there's no other way around it. Im not black btw.

The pandemic control is going to be vital and so will a stimulus but he can direct the justice department to do those tasks very early on and they have a very broad partnership. Look how many republican states legalized mar1juana this past election. Do you think those senators are going to put up a fight regarding expunging the records of their citizens? We all know that that inappropriately affects minorities but its something that even GOP has to get behind.

Decriminalize weed and expunge the records on day 1. Day 2 eliminate student debt. Biden would have the highest approval ratings of any president AND HE CAN DO THIS ON HIS OWN WITHOUT ANY CONGRESSIONAL SUPPORT. He needs to ride this momentum very early on as the GOP will try to stalemate the stimulus talks.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

OP nailed it, coupled with the Pandemic.

Not sure what Yang's cabinet position should be, but I hope it's a good one. I think Yang is the future of the party, to be honest. Been saying it for a while. I just hope he gets enough responsibility to position himself for a run in either 2028 or 2032. Sad it's going to take that long, to be honest.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

#LockHimUp

CometsWin likes this.
  11. astros123

astros123 Member

The last thing this country needs right now. "locking up Trump" is not a bipartisan agenda and at best its a 50/50. Student debt relief/mar1juana/chokeholds is a 90/10 case.

We need bipartisanship right now more than ever before. Its time for everyone to grow up. If Biden eliminates student debt for all those 20-year-old maga college dropouts you don't think they'll shut up more?

The one thing EVERYONE likes in this world is money. Its the ultimate unifier.

I agree without a doubt that the extreme left agenda is dead and the left need to accept this very early on. Push whatever agenda you can through executive action (environmental waste, fracking on federal lands, student debt, criminal justice ) and push an infrasture bill. The stock market is bound to have its best year on record next year with china tensions gone and a 0% environment so the moderates will be happy. Tell the American public that you have done what you can through executive power and now its time for them to get the full senate.

The 2022 Senate is very favorable to democrats. They can easily flip WI/PA/OH

DVauthrin and Andre0087 like this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I posted this elsewhere. I think one of the first things Biden does will be to unleash our security apparatus against not only Russia's interference in our internal affairs, but China's and every other country that has been attacking our democracy. trump welcomed it. Joe Biden will attack it root and branch. Oh, and get rid of trump's appointees. Every single acting "whatever" needs to go.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

I mean, I was just kidding around. Also, the bolded parts are a weird flex and a weird need to clarify, respectively.

Agreed wholeheartedly on student debt, though. Hopefully that gets eliminated sooner than later.

DVauthrin, Andre0087 and B-Bob like this.
  14. astros123

astros123 Member

This is why the democrats never garner any wide appeal and they keep losing minorities. Do you think latinos in Miami or Blacks give a **** about Russian interference? This election proved once again that the only thing that matters to the American public is the economy and money. Focus on the economy and putting money in peoples wallet.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's a nonsensical response to my post, with all due respect. Golly. I didn't know "we," our national government under Joe Biden, was incapable of doing several things at once.

#15 Deckard, Nov 7, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I can't imagine the kind of mental gymnastics it takes to think that going from 92% to 90% black support in an election with a celebrity signifies losing minority voters, or that somehow "winning them back" is impossible without suspending national security initiatives. What blacks "care" about is less important than what blacks have known for a century and a half: that our white neighbors and local white officials will make sure we get the smallest piece of the pie, so the party that both prioritizes larger social spending, educational and healthcare infrastructure, and federal oversight over state and local bullshit will always get our vote. You think watching George W. Bush tell us we should be against social security "because they die sooner" isn't going to leave a mark you're not paying attention.

Deckard and mdrowe00 like this.
  17. conquistador#11

1st things first. Reunite those kids at the border with their parents. Life long trauma for them, grant them residency.
    2. Increase the Mnm wage. Florida loved it.
    3. Steal the healthcare plan from Donald. The one that is supposed to be more affordable and more beautiful for everyone. Not my words. His words.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Next 100 days for Joe?
    Survive, my dear old dude, survive. Could be rough waters, and lots of freaking virus everywhere.

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

#1 National mask mandate, no more super spreading

DVauthrin likes this.
  20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, here we ****in go