1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

What would you suggest?

Mail is still secure enough to send SSN cards, credit cards, checks, etc. Is it perfect? No but nothing is.

Online? Great you open it up to hacking or a bunch of people who are PC illiterate and don't know how to do it or computer errors on multiple fronts. Not any better.

Call in voting? How do you verify who is calling? Phones can be hacked and spoofed.

Forcing everyone to go to a voting machine which still has its own issues and puts people at greater risk in our current environment.

Mail in ballots have been used for quite some time and usually favor Republicans but now, since it is gone the opposite way they are all of a sudden a potential problem and need to be extra scrutinized? I don't but that excuse.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you a Gen Xer or a Boomer? Because this is peak Boomer Humor.

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

well he got that pro life boost AND was looking get supreme court hook ups.
    he was going for double whammy and again not about people.

thats thing the repugs dont get. they call trump anti establishment "for people" yet its always about trump and not the people. so thats why he loses hes not for people hes a fraud. people see that.

people were looking for that guy and he turned out to be a sleaze grifter all about himself. he had his chance and showed what a turd he is..and those hanging hat on his antics look dumb and an accessory..

RayRay10 and arno_ed like this.
  5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

My problem is with the scope and extent for example unsolicited ballots can easily be passed thru the system or at least easier to

6. Lil Pun

I know but CNN isn't the end even if they decided to call it. Call retractions have happened before. I was just stating what has happened this far. Some outlets, none of the major ones, have called the race.

RayRay10 and malakas like this.
  7. ROXRAN

Sorry you referred to something else I was thinking of differently

8. ROXRAN

The news have a cash cow to milk. Jan 1 will be called by then

9. malakas

malakas Member

Why are they appearing now and they don't wait for Pennsylvania to be won ? No matter the time?

RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  10. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

#5290 Big Uns, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    JeeberD and B-Bob like this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

Your elections are extremely tiring. Patience patience I get it but this is really crazy.

Why are not more people hired to count them?
    Why they take the nights off and they dont change shifts?
    Why there are so few counting machines?

No matter what you say it is completely abnormal that a small state like Nevada that has more cacti than humans takes so many days to count the votes.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. ROXRAN

It’s 2020. It’s hard to count and chew gum at the same time

malakas likes this.
  13. thejav

thejav Member

Just call it already so i can finally stop watching this ****.

RayRay10, tmoney1101, IBTL and 2 others like this.
  14. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

Thats a huge problem that DEMS have to deal with in every elections. DEMs are always doing the purity test among themselves meanwhile GOP will fall in line when it comes time for the ballot box even for someone unqualified as Trump. Tribal politics is on both sides but DEM would never be able to trot someone like trump and get votes. Not only does DEMS have bad branding, the brand loyalty on the GOP side is stupid strong.

The Doug Jones/Tuberville senate is another perfect example of it. I followed this race a bit cause i like Doug Jones. I thought he was doing a good job but people immediately switched back to vote republicans when the pedophile wasnt on the ballot anymore. He got crushed in the race by a football coach that wasn't even good at being a football coach. Just insulting.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. ROXRAN

They know damn well as soon as they call it we will stop watching this ****. There is money involved in more ways than one

16. Lil Pun

Ok, how do you resolve that with any other method since that is what you called for? Do you have any proof of this happening before? We can't deal in "what ifs", as others have asked for, give us some proof of your worries. There's a chance that the machine at the polling station didn't read my votes correctly but still recorded it. How do you account for those types of issues?

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I sincerely believe Mitch Mcconnell did that on purpose. I think Mitch is tired of trying to defend Trump babble for 4 years. He's content with Biden as long as he has senate control.

Dubious likes this.
  18. ROXRAN

We need a committee to look at and address ways to modernize the system that is fair, able to be verified and transparent

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

There ain’t no way he’s losing PA. They could call it now if they wanted.

RayRay10, DVauthrin and malakas like this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

If he wins PA he wins? He doesn't need Georgia and Arizona?

I was talking about Arizona. I think Trump can flip it still.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.