1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

sorry, double post.

2. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Pats gave up a 2nd last year for an old #2 wr in M.Sanu!
    It happens!

3. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Well my biggest fear was that either Easterbunny would trade some key guys for peanuts or that he’d stand firm in his demands and a team would bite on his high asking price- which would make him look good to Cal and he’d be announced as the official GM moving forward. Thank god neither of those things happened

ROXRAN likes this.
  4. mario_v

mario_v Member

5. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

6. mario_v

mario_v Member

Why not? He was successful in the nfl. He made three nfc championship game appearances, one super bowl appearance.

He was arguably a top five coach during his time with the 49ers.

whag00 likes this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Jim Harbaugh's Michigan is getting BLASTED by Indiana today, After getting upset by Michigan State last week. Hell No.

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Easterbunny lmao

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Joe Brady is starting to get more of my attention. I wonder how much of that offensive situation is Matt Rhule and how much Brady can take credit for, but I think his track record in a short amount of time speaks for itself. Youthful HC might be just what the Texans need.

noscrusir, cmoak1982, itzIce and 2 others like this.
  10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Did I miss when College Football and the NFL became the same thing? Coaching success on the college level is no guarantee of success in the pros and coaching failure in college football doesn't negate the possibility of success (or repeated success) on the professional level.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You do realize it is EASIER to win in College than the NFL. He is at ****ing MICHIGAN. He as NO PROBLEM getting top talent. However, he has not been able to recruit NOR COACH the talent he has to an acceptable level of performance.

Jim Harbaugh will not be the Texans' coach. Period.

TexasRedd likes this.
  12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I originally was wanting a defensive coach to try and make the most with what the defense has, since there's so much money invested in those scrubs. But now I see that if we were lucky to have found the NEXT Joe Brady as an OC, he'd be a hot name to leave by 2022 for the next open HC gig.

Joe Brady terrifies me too, as his ascent is just crazy fast, who knows how he'd handle the responsibilities of a head coach in 2021 when he wasn't even a full offensive coordinator at the college level in 2019. Even Sean McVay as young as he was to get a shot at HC, had been a pro level OC for multiple years.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I’m all the way in on Joe Brady. I’ll settle for EB. Saleh only if he can bring in a really good OC.

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You’re acting as if Michigan has been some powerhouse that he is burning to the ground. He’s had double digit wins in 3 of his 5 seasons. UM had exactly 2 the 11 years prior. He has not coached up to expectations that is for sure, but to say it is not to an acceptable level is a bit much.

Not saying he’ll be our next coach but he’ll get another shot in the NFL.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

People are worried about coaches wanting to come here. The Texans will have their pick of coaches because of....Deshaun Watson. The HARDEST thing in the NFL is to develop a QB. The Texans have a Top 7 QB (atleast). Of all the jobs that will open after the season, the Texans and the Jets (because of their 4 - #1 picks over the next 2 drafts) will be the most sought after jobs.

16. ferrari77

I know Gucci888 just explained it perfectly to you but just to reiterate incase it's tough for you to understand...College Football....is not the NFL regardless of ease or difficulty of play, schemes, talent. Some coaches work better in college ball(being the chief- recruiting, coaching, dealing with AD's, alums and boosters, and some work better in the NFL where they don't have to recruit, babysit and only have to deal with a GM and owner in some cases or just an owner

Also, you're not Jack Easterfugginby or Cal McNair so we have no idea whether Jim Harbaugh will be the Texans next coach or will even be in the running(probably not).

Nevertheless I hope you now have a better understanding that failure coaching at a major college institution(and bringing them back from the doldrums) does not necessarily indicate likely failure at the professional level...and vice versa.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The reason Harbaugh left the 49ers is because he became a tyrant and his act was getting old for the players and ownership. Sound familiar?

red5rocket likes this.
  18. ferrari77

No way... that was never reported.....or it was hence my adding this to the original post about considering Harbaugh

Listen, they probably won't even have him on their list anyway because it's Jack Easterbys world and we are just living in it.
    I fully expect Josh McDaniels to be coaching the Texans next season and Easterby having the pleasure of being McDaniels' boss.
    New England Texans.

19. Marteen

Marteen Member

Definitely cross out Ravens OC Greg Roman, imo.

Theking and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Who fits into the Texans culture? I imagine that pretty much eliminates anyone intelligent.

Marteen, red5rocket and dookiester like this.