1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I heard just now that these are provisional votes; which have one or many question marks or issues that need to be reviewed and processed with corrected solutions i.e. creased votes that need to be manually fed through the ballot readers or in person voters that claimed to not receive their mail in votes... this would avoid double voting in a sense.

Plus I believe the military have more votes to review and count as they can turn their mailed in votes until 5pm today. Therefore, there will be more 'phantom' votes that Trump will complain about.

#4881 FLASH21, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  2. Lar

Lar Contributing Member

Citizen Kane FTW:

[​IMG]

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

The jokes aren't even funny. Its something a 4 year old would say.

TWS1986, Reeko, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sounds like they are just trying to placate the president, and if SCOTUS turns it down, or does order them to do something THEY ARE ALREADY DOING, they can say TRUMPS SCOTUS is fighting for him... even though this is theatre to placate a madman they are all terrified of while he still has access to the nuclear codes.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

These ballots probably have issues (signatures, misprinted items, etc).

ElPigto, London'sBurning and RayRay10 like this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I wonder about the Venn diagram of: 70M Trump voters ... and ... Americans who have watched all of Citizen Kane?

I don't mean that in a snarky way. I genuinely wonder what that is.
    Probably the number of Americans alive today overall who've watched the entire movie is quite small.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

8. Rudy

Rudy Member

The other irony is they only want to investigate States that they lost. They could care less about investigating States they won.

Hypocrisy much?

Chilly_Pete, tmoney1101 and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Bring out the firehoses and pepper spray...
    [​IMG]

10. Lar

Lar Contributing Member

All this is probably true. It's a great, great movie, an all-time classic, and Trump resembles in a lot of ways Kane in his later years. (FYI, for anyone who hasn't seen the film, I can't recommend it more highly.)

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am happy some of the negativity will be gone. I hope biden has good health and keeps us out of war.

12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

With almost 144 million votes cast, I wonder what the other 184 million American residents that did not or could not participate in the election are thinking right now.

Some of these are children under 18 ineligible to vote.
    Some are felons or ex-cons whose state barred their vote.
    Some are legal residents ineligible to vote.
    Some are undocumented citizens ineligible to vote.
    Some are people who simply don't give a **** either way.
    Some are citizens registered to vote and would have liked to but for whatever reason did not cast a ballot in enough time. This could be your crowd affected by voter suppression tactics.

I wonder what they're thinking right now. If ever there was a real silent majority, it's this cluster of people.

#4892 London'sBurning, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    B-Bob, Sajan, FLASH21 and 1 other person like this.
  13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Doubtful as the orange ****ing b**** will keep propagating hate and division. But at the least he won't have the loudest bullhorn.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If Donald is such a chad bad ass how’d he lose to such a cuck corpse like Robinette Biden?

TWS1986, Nook, Lar and 3 others like this.
  15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Yep. He nails it. I know we want to demonize the rural vote count that heavily leans conservative, but at least they're acknowledged by the Republicans. A real grassroots effort by Democrats in rural areas, even during non-election years, would go a long way to securing rural county votes. No these rural counties may not flip blue come election night, but if you can even get a county that votes 80-20 conservative to something closer to 60-40, then those city votes that are overwhelming blue aren't washed out as much during statewide elections for Senator.

17. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Again, too early for these takes, but again what bugs me is the casual use of "working class people" to mean white people in diner country and not the black & hispanic brothers & sisters who never get interviewed for NYT think pieces, but who delivered key states to Biden. I mean you talk about the Cuban whatsapp groups passing around messages that Biden gonna sacrifice children all you want, but La Raza in Arizona and the folks in the ATL, as well as the midewest had a ****-ton more influence on the election than they did!

It's just their votes didn't get counted on the first day or primetime TV coverage and their states will take longer to submit a result. But, it still counts the same and it made a bigger differnce in the end!

This is exactly what Biden did! i'm not a Biden superfan, but this is part of their plan and part of what he achieved, it's just that Trump brought out tons of even more new people. Improving your margin doesn't help much when they increase the number of rural voters - that's a net loss.

19. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I was reading some Congressman named Hawley (sp?) Twitter feed and the amount of utter garbage her was posting and retweeting was insane.

RayRay10 and London'sBurning like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member