1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It might have been obvious about Springer, but I was kind of surprised that it was so definitive about Brantley. Also, Reddick will most likely be going to the Royals unless a better offer comes along. His first choice was to stay in Houston, followed by a one year deal in Atlanta. If Hinch had gotten the job in Chicago, he was going to really push to sign there. None of these options seems to be panning out for him. I know....also obvious, right??

joshuaao likes this.
  2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Why in the world would the Royals sign Reddick?

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Gotcha. I'd assume he'd go where the money takes him

4. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

I would consider trading for Lindor. Signing longterm. And moving Correa to LF.
    That would probably lengthen Correas Career.
    Js
    Has the arm and Fiarly fast. Just needs to learn alittle and sign him long term aswell.
    That would be interesting

5. raining threes

SMDH

jiggyfly, joshuaao, Nippystix and 7 others like this.
  6. raining threes

I dont think they're colluding.

MLB owners lost billions this yr and that loss is going to be felt by the players.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. raining threes

What do you like about Archer.

He had great stuff before injury but was really just a slightly above avg pitcher.

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Strom. He's the type of guy who is worth a look. I don't think he'll get much on the open market

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I wouldnt mind Archer on a incentive based deal. I want Strom to turn him into our Sonny Gray.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Most of the estimates are that he will get $10,000,000. He likely gives you a solid and above average corner outfielder. He doesn’t strike out but he doesn’t walk much either. He would be an all star if he had a higher OBP. He would certainly fill a need. The only question is how does $10,000 compare to what guys in free agency are getting? Do the Astros just see if he passes through waivers and try to sign him as a free agent at a lower rate?

punkoholic likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Archer has thoracic outlet syndrome... I’m staying away from that.

joshuaao, Nippystix, mikol13 and 6 others like this.
  12. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But does he have a tiny UCL?

13. awc713

awc713 Member

Speculation post: Springers’s most likely suitors are obviously NYM ($$$ and needs), maybe BOS (close to home), with 2nd tier suitors like SFG, ATL, HOU, CIN, and a rash of other teams checking pulses. One under the radar team (while incredibly unlikely) could be DET. They rank bottom 5 in payroll after a solid decade plus of being a ~top 7 payroll team, and obviously there’s a connection with Hinch now. DET may be a tad too far out competitive window wise (especially with Springers age and injury history)...but I could see DET showing some interest in George to help close out their rebuild years.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Little Caesar is dead. His wife took the money and the pizza franchise. Their 7 children got the sports teams. While the Detroit sports teams make the Caesar Spawn a good deal of money to the common man, I don't think there is easy enough garlic sauce to go around to keep the 7 Caesar Spawn at the comfort level they are used to having and running a Top 7 MLB payroll as often as their father did.

Edit: Sports teams are technically owned by a family trust that the wife is still the chairperson, but she let's her children run the teams.

#534 Joe Joe, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  15. raining threes

Janice McNair says hi

Nook likes this.
  16. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

One reclamation project off the board. Jays re sign Robbie Ray to a 1 year, $8 million deal.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

So about $4-5 million per expected win.

Nook, King1, punkoholic and 1 other person like this.
  18. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Good, didn't want Ray. He is a walk machine that only goes 5. It is so awful watching his starts.

In 12 starts this season guess how many times he went more than 5.0 innings?

everyday eddie and Nook like this.
  19. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I think that’s going to end up being pretty accurate. Which would mean guys like Profar and Bradley will probably come in between $12M/2yr and $25M/3yr.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

?????????????