1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I laughed too, except that Trump's Second Term is not really ahead. So it's more like a defensive player with a head of steam about to truck Trump's Second Term on the sideline, well short of the 1st down.

daywalker02, fchowd0311 and RayRay10 like this.
  2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I don’t think Kamala makes it out of the primary in ‘24.

3. B-Bob

President Camacho?
    [​IMG]

I honestly really want to draft The Rock for Dem politics.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have a great idea why and it has nothing to do with you calling black people stupid all of the time.

Do you actually think a progressive would be doing better?

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The GOP senate if they hold their lead is loving this outcome. They don't have to defend Trump anymore and they get to use the hard work Donald Trump is doing right now making 40 percent of the country doubt the results so the next four years they will have a rabid base steaming hot at the Democrats encouraging their base's turnout in things like the midterms.

"They stole the election" will be an add playing on repeat when 2022 comes up.

Mitch Mcconnell is probably having his first erection in 20 years if he can hold the Senate.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

mail in ballots about to save us from a Trump touchdown :eek:

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You're in a two part cliffhanger where you don't know if it's a season finale or series finale

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is just terrible nonsense, as usual. Leaving aside that you should wait till the votes are counted (weeks) and the exit surveys are adjusted (weeks) to do this kind of analysis, Biden gonna have about 6-7 million more votes than HRC. It's just that Trump got 3 million more than DJT. Among those voting for Biden and not Hillary are many more black and hispanic voters. Do the math - would you rather have 88% of 10 or 85% of 14?

Not to mention that critical blocs of black voters are quite literally delivering the victory in the upper midwest and Latinos in Arizona. Frankly there's an argument to be made that Abrams has been more valuable on the ground in Georgia if she pulls this thing off.

Nevada is not that hard to figure out, Clinton won it 47-45 Biden will do about 50-49 - I'm not going to speculate based on literally no info but if I had to formulate a hypothesis to test, I woudl say Trump's "reopen everything becuase COVID is nothing!" willful blindess plan might carry some weight in a state that is almost entirely dependent on the travel & recreation industry might have been responsible for the 1% margin evaporating.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's looking pretty good for Biden at this point.

BUT......

What happens when Trump releases the footage from the Leslie Stahl interview?

Thank you, dramatic chipmunk meme, for your 4 years of faithful service. Enjoy your retirement.

TheFreak, Nook, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm waiting for the Hunter Biden bombshell.

11. B-Bob

Anecdotal, but during one of those endless and annoying NPR segments where they insist on interviewing random voters, I heard several Latinos say that opening up during COVID led them to support Trump. Had bills to pay. It's actually a Trump argument I can digest more easily than others. (Sure, I know the larger logic: that the economy is worse off for letting the fear and stagnation linger continuously, etc., but I can at least understand a person voting on that basis.)

ROCKSS, TheFreak, Kim and 2 others like this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wonder two things though.

1. Can they get this enthusiasm from their base again? The Dems took Obama for granted, once Obama and his charisma was off of the ballot, things turned quickly, in a snap. I wonder if a Trump-less (Completely Trumpless, none of his children) GOP can drum up that enthusiasm again.

2. Trump might run again, they are saying it's a possibility that he'll do so. If he runs again you think because of his cult-like base, he'll win the primary again. The only question here is age and health. He'd be 78 then and everyone questions his health. If he doesn't it seems a certainty that one of his children will run.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The cement isn't dry yet, but what I do know is that this election was not positive affirmation of conservative, mainstream Democratic rule. You see people pointing to a possible 300 total votes in the EC and a 5 million pop vote margin as some kind of mandate, when it's anything but. In what should have been another Democratic blowout, this election was dangerously close. Democrats lost ground in key demographics and had an embarrassing showing down ballot. You can see DNC hardliners pumping up Biden with this "most votes in history" nonsense, but Joe Biden and Kamala Harris didn't energize the electorate, a bombastic dumbass ****ing up a 100-year pandemic did that. The early signs that Democrats are taking this to mean they can go back to brunch and set things to auto-pilot are extremely troubling. If they don't get it around their heads that nobody is happy with them either right now then they are going to get totally destroyed in the next election cycles. They need to find new blood and new ideas fast.

Reeko and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Building these campaigns is like building an NFL football team. You have to make calculated concessions somewhere, because you cant afford to pay (or in this case, pay & cover the ground) the WR, QB, DL, OL, etc... in hindsight it's easy to call the misfires. If Biden could go back in time, ****, he might toss more time and money into Texas. But investing time & money in the wrong place is a risk.

Advertising and time on the ground really seems to swing these things if there's untapped momentum available.

TheFreak, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Nevada does not want to be the state to push Biden across the finish line. They want the SCWs acting badly to go elsewhere.

RayRay10 and ROXTXIA like this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

No. I even look intergalactically white. I do have some swag, however. :D

Yes, good ole Texas. My home state. Where I went to visit my aunt in The Woodlands; she was running a daycare from her home. One of the kids was an African-American toddler (someone saying "a li'l black kid" sounds...off). A rarity in The Woodlands. I think you have to be on a special registration list to be black and live in that area. ANYWAY, a (white) mother arrived to pick up her own kid and GASPED when she saw my aunt rocking the aforementioned child to keep him from fussing. The woman actually f****ng GASPED. And, no, not because she was afraid my aunt would accidentally drop the kid.

So, yeah, I wasn't holding onto much hope Trump would lose Texas.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I really respect you B-Bob even though you are a dirty commie progressive.

Can you lay out you scenario that a progressive would have done better and would do better in 2024?

Why do you think they will lose the house 2022, what do you think the Biden-Harris ticket will do?

I would like someone who I think is rational to tell me why losing the house will be the fault of Biden- Harris?

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

19. dmoneybangbang

Sadly, I do think this was a factor as "strongman" is part of Trump's act.

daywalker02 and RayRay10 like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member