1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It isn't based on pollsters. It's based on the current rate of votes tallied in specific counties and where those votes are coming from. We know what the current rate of votes for Biden are in Philadelphia. And we know there are many more remaining in that county. People being confident is based on Biden maintaining that same rate of voting going for him in those counties and honestly in Pennsylvania he has some wiggle room to underperform a little and still win. I think in Philadelphia the votes are going to to him near 4 to 1. He can probably go 3 to 1 the rest of the way and still win.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

It's not relying on pollsters, its relying on MATH. It's the math of the votes that have already come out.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think there is still a chance Trump wins this. Unfortunately.

Biden might lose Nevada, Georgia, Pennsylvania.

North Carolina I think he has no chance.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also, random note, that Libertarian candidate has been siphoning off a lot of Trump votes...

Read last night it's the most by a 3rd party in some time? Or the libertarian party?

Might be super relevant when people are saying "We're expecting a lot of Trump votes in this county..." could be some votes for her.

Andre0087, jiggyfly, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

me too unfortunately

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Who is whining? Calm your t***. It was an observation. Texas wasn't in doubt but they waited.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

**** ya!

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

Are we finding out soon? Jesus just end it already

Ziggy, ROCKSS and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

AP is the gold standard for calling elections. I don't it has ever missed a call and it has in the past called a winner even with 1% of the votes in!

I hope the trend continues cause Arizona is super important.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The PA thing is not relying on pollsters it's about outstanding ballots in democratic areas and mail in votes.

But yeah I hear ya about polls.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. Mr. Space City

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Ahhh gotcha I’m honestly not too familiar with the process. That’s a very good sign, still gonna be cautious..

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

How am I feeling? I've sort of told myself, whatever will be will be. I'm pretty calm. How am I feeling about my candidate winning? Waiting for the long game. Election night was crazy. Almost turned it off but then I realized this night is a lot of folks' superbowl. Why not watch and let the emotions flow, like on game days. I've got 3 chat groups going on my phone. They are all living and dying every minute.... There is some great comedy going on in there.

I expect the media to call it for Biden and I wouldn't be surprised to see it going back to Trump after the courts get through with it. And that's not based on any educated reasoning at all. Just my prediction. And if it doesn't play out that way, I'm ok with that too. The will of the people.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's what I thought right after I posted that.

There is actually a talent for finding the right scoundrel to move numbers.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

****ing disgrace. Again not familiar but it’s shitty if our tax dollars went to him and his rallies etc

DVauthrin and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

One thing to say is that - assuming everything happens properly - this is actually a good example of democracy at work. Every vote counts.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This is what makes my brain hurt.

STOP COUNTING!!!1 if Trump is ahead
    KEEP COUNTING!!!1 if Trump is behind

These fools can't even decide which wacky conspiracy theory to push. Logically it can't be both. So which is it, idiots??

I have family members who believe this nonsense and are helping to spread it around. I don't dare waste my time trying to talk some common sense into them. They're Trump supporters, after all.

Ziggy and RayRay10 like this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The intelligence man...

Yeah, the Dems went to china, invented Covid there and eventually spread it around the world so that they could create fake mail in ballots...

I think more people should write their posts, read them aloud, and really think through their conspiracies before crapping them out onto the internet.