1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Each state controls their election procedure.

Also, it is just a fact that most of the deaf time in knowing a winner is because of Republican lawsuits to prevent the counting of early voting and mail in ballots.

I cannot see the Supreme Court invalidating mailed in absentee ballots.

In four years this will all be done a lot smoother.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This is why Trump can't prevail. The narrative is all over the place. He has to rat**** like 4 different states, in 4 different ways, at the same exact time. It's too much to pass muster.

If this were just hinging on one state, or two states with a singular focus (i.e. count or stop counting) he could effectively throw enough sand on gears to maybe pry a win away with lawyers, but not this time.

3. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I'm not making the claim that there is. I'm making the claim that there are a ****-ton of right wingers that are. I wouldn't know and I'm reserving my judgement. I guess my point is that I believed that it would lead to one side or the other claiming the election was tainted. And we've lived through 4 years of that already. It would be nice if we could move on and be less distracted the next 4 years, regardless of who wins. Anyway, that ship has sailed and like everyone else, I'm in limbo waiting for this thing to play out.

The strict controls you describe is what I would expect. It's what we all should expect. The loudmouths in my twitter feed is just noise to me. I'm waiting this out and will accept the will of the people. I don't know what 'this' will be though. Court processes? Recounts? Who knows. I'm not sure putting Rudy on it is the best move for Trump though....lol.

Nippystix likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yung-T and RayRay10 like this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is not awarded states until the last possible second.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  6. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Why did they stop counting in the first place? Why not continue counting into the night continuously without stopping from November 3 onwards? Its called election day for a reason so keep counting. What the heck man

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yup pretty much trump lucky mfer squeak by guy factor

8. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is what has me confident. Biden is confident. Trump is not.

If Trump were confident in it he wouldn't be throwing this tantrum...and whatever you say about Trump, his campaign team is good. They know their ****, they have precisely hit areas they needed to hit to get the most out of this poor candidate and it seems like his campaign is not confident but hopeful.

Biden's team right now seem to be just sitting back for the inevitable win.

Sure they could be wrong, that has to be said, but it's like if you watch a game in any sport. Sometimes you can see body language of a team and know the result.

10. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I'm not buying into ANY propaganda. That's why I'm not posting anything from the right, which is were my vote was cast. I've seen enough over the last 4 years where I'm at a point that I'm content to wait on the FINAL result. That may or may not take a while.

FranchiseBlade, STR8Thugg and IBTL like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am starting to think the Trump campaign paid some influencers in certain communities to spread propaganda, in Miami this was true of hispanic radio host and I bet the same in the Rio Grande, this would also explain the native americans in NC.

Those are the real low information voters, I talked to a hispanic lady at work about Biden doing away with the 2nd amendment and oil and I am in central texas.

Very targeted messages being sent out.

How do you combat that?

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No you are propaganda and a huge troll.

Since have you stopped posting things from the right?

Yung-T and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

This is reasonable.

The election is will basically be over if Biden wins Pennsylvania by 100,000 votes like a lot of the scientists expect. That is a really high number, and beyond tabulation errors for a fruitful recount. That is what we have in Michigan as well.

Trump will have a recount in Wisconsin but the number is high enough it is extremely unlikely it changes anything.

Trump will try and likely will find a handful of cases of voter fraud out of 300,000,000 ballots. I am sure someone voted for their dead father or voted in early and GE but that has always existed in a very small number.

If Biden wins PA and GA then Trump is wasting his time because Biden would have 300 electoral votes.. and flipping a state wouldn’t matter.

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

how you feeling amigo
    you bring in a macho manly democrat candidate.

15. Nook

Nook Member

You do the same.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Really? So they didn't call OK, MS, ID, AL, AR, the moment the polls closed on Tuesday? Cause it seemed like they did.

Whining will get you nowhere.

17. Nook

Nook Member

That would be Cuomo.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't think trump voters understand hypocrisy. I mean this is guy who refused to release his taxes which every candidate in the last 50 years has done, and they think Biden is full of corruption.

RayRay10, IBTL and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I have to ask but why does it matter?

It's not like people in NV will go "Well gee, since Trump lost AZ I might as well not vote."

It literally doesn't matter when a state is called, only that it is called correctly. The only reason Trump cares so much about it is because he wanted to have a more clear path to victory night one to better sell the narrative that it was stolen from him. That's the only reason he cares so much about when states are called.

If they were to incorrectly call MI and WI for Trump Night 1 and then people wake up and they changed blue then it seems more like a conspiracy to sell to people.

joshuaao, RayRay10 and HP3 like this.
  20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That is an entirely different discussion.

[​IMG]