1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Today’s GoP

VanityHalfBlack and JayGoogle like this.
  2. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

How so? I'm honestly asking because I don't know.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's because of the Republican state legislatures in some places. In TX where they can count them early, it's why Biden at one point early on had a lead in Texas.

Yung-T, RayRay10 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

A sidenote, if Stacy Abrams pulls it off and delivers Georgia to the Democrats (or even makes it close) she needs to be named to whatever job she wants in the Biden Administration.

Very impressive.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

There is absolutely nothing that is suggesting this will be some massive mail-in voting fraud scheme. Geez man.

Sharpies conspiracy in Arizona is bullshit, shot down by SoS.

Pennsylvania is holding votes in a separate bin based on SCOTUS ruling.

Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary, besides a record amount of mail-in votes because people are concerned with their health.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Do the decreased taxes on the rich usually cause prices to go down?

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and R0ckets03 like this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

biden getting closer in georgia..
    biden is getting closer in pa lots of philly left..

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I believe in Penn they filed for mail in votes to not even be opened before Nov 3rd. Then Dumbnutts is claiming millions of mail in votes should be counted on Tuesday itself. I'm no expert in this subject like most on here though.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

State legislatures controlled by republicans changed the rules to count these after polls closed on election day.

11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Flip flip flipadelphia

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I have been critical. I've stated I find it very concerning when he talks about deserving a 3rd term and when he states the only way he can lose is due to voter fraud. I have been critical of his constant nonsensical tweets and his overly divisive manners. Ive criticized Obama for being divisive, but Obama is a saint compared to Trump. Simply put, he should not be leading this country. And he handled COVID poorly.

Now as far as his alleged criminal dealings, I do not follow those closely. Trump/Republican propaganda is easily spotted. Anti-Trump propaganda is not as easy. I do not find a lot of reasonable objective discussions that are not deeply rooted in 'what ifs'. And contrary to popular opinion on here, there is A LOT of it. The idea that Trump is a Russian stooge so he can build Trump properties all over Russia is just ignorant. And the idea he didnt want to release his tax returns because it was full of Russian dealings. Im not dismissing the idea that he doesnt have shady dealings going on. I am sure he does. He is a politician.

What I do dismiss is the notions he is going to nuke anyone who disagrees with him. Or that he wants to set himself up to be dictator for life. Or some other grand conspiracy that has no basis.

He is just a shitty person and he is tapping in to one of the worst sides of America. I am very critical of Democrats because they are putting little effort into removing him. I think Biden is a decent and respectable person, fun to laugh at. He is just not a best effort candidate, clearly. I voted for him. I didnt feel ashamed, nor did I feel proud. But I recognize that rought 40% on each side are going to straight ticket vote regardless. That is why I joke you could put Hitler and Stalin reincarnate on each ticket and people would still vote 'lesser of two evils'. Its ridiculous that we have allowed the extremist on both sides decide which candidate moderate america votes for. And how politicans continue to play the stupid games. I can live with America being suckered into Trump for 4 years. It disgusts me that Pelosi and McMconnell continue to have the level of representation they have. There is no excuse for that. There is no excuse for another 4 years of Trump.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Nevada has fewer people than Houston. Arizona is not that much bigger. How can they not count votes faster?

Yung-T, IBTL, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  15. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I guess our tweeter feeds are very different. I'm not making the claim that there is massive fraud, because I don't know. I've always believed that it COULD lead to fraud and an excuse to delegitimize votes. Trust me. People are screaming fraud. I can't personally say there is. I'm at home/work watching twitter and switching network stations.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So dude was HRC's campaign manager and this? He should probably be looking for other work as of yesterday.

17. watashi315

watashi315 Member

The tax issue is the biggest "con job" the Republicans have going for them. Most intelligent Republican knows that you can't keep lowering taxes forever because you have to generate revenue for the country so we can continue to fund services for our citizens and repair the infrastucture. Everyone knows this or should know this. However, Republicans will continue to campaign on the "only we will lower your taxes or keep your taxes low" because it caters to their base. Who are their base? Mostly very rich people (but greedy rich) and very poor people (but mostly under-educated). The greedy rich wants to stay rich at all cost and will continue to support low taxes. The poor people believe that low taxes is the only way for them to move up the socio-economic ladder or just simply stay affloat. However, unlike the Republicans, the Democrats recogize the danger of keeping taxes low because, like you said, when you need to get bailed out, where is the money going to come from??? So Democrats will always run on the platform of "we need to increase taxes". Although the responsible and RIGHT thing to do, it's unpopular and doesn't sound as sexy as "we'll keep your taxes low". But think about this...for those that always support low taxes or tax cuts - when social security runs out one day, when we don't have enough money to fix the infrastrucutre in our country, when we don't have money to fund federal healthcare programs like Medicare and Medicaid, when our national debt skyrockets and US defaults on its loans and thus making investments harder in American Inc, when we can't stop wildfires due to climate change and you lose your property to fire damage - think about the social costs of these issues to you and ultimately your pocketbook. Republicans tend to think about the econony in stock prices and how much money stays in your bank account. Democrats think about the economy in rising healthcare costs, high cost of education, the cost of climbing back from debt or bankruptcy, etc. It all impacts your bottom line but the two parties are looking at it from two different perspectives. Stop listening to the campaign soundbites and think it through for yourself.

18. dmoneybangbang

Uhhhhh. He had shady dealings as a shady businessman....

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

He will be the next DNC chair at this rate.

Lar, jiggyfly, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.
  20. dmoneybangbang