1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I actually fell asleep kind of early surprisingly and got up a bit ago to check and things are eerily quiet tonight.

Where we are based on what I see (please correct me if I’m missing good data):

-PA likely the path at this point. Philly vote count left to count is where Biden takes lead if he does. Seems best chance at this point unless something has changed???

-AZ looks like Maricopa is trending red slightly enough to carry Trump??

-Nevada waiting on Vegas area votes. Should lean Dem but who knows??

-GA looks like not enough ATL votes to make up gap and Trump should squeak that one out, but moral victory FWIW

-NC- pretty much not worth discussing unless there are uncounted college area votes I don’t see.

sooo PA looks like the best shot at Biden closing this thing. Still wouldn’t be shocked if Roger Stone and Bannon organize a riot at the PA polling place. Dem organizers in the area should think of strategy here (mom wall etc). It could get nasty quick there and those poll workers cannot be interrupted at this point.

RayRay10, daywalker02 and TWS1986 like this.
  2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I'd like to think he can get Nevada and PA too. We'll see. Certainly Nevada would wrap it up nicely.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. dobro1229

Just get to 270 somehow. Nevada going red though would be such a terrible sign for Democrats though and you have to again look at the failure with the Latino vote as the first point of order.

I think for PA though the clock is really ticking for them before Trumpland descends and chaos ensues. You have to think the longer that state gets held up in reporting the better it is for Trump but seems like right now their focus is on Arizona.

Maybe the most stressful 12 hours coming up here for our country. Do not count out Trump until he is officially done. I don’t know why Dems cannot seem to figure this guy and his schemes out. This should never have been this close.

RayRay10, IBTL, Yung-T and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Ask the asian people result would reverse. The majority of Asian people favor Trump’s hard line on China over Biden.

RayRay10 and IBTL like this.
  5. dobro1229

Have to see the data on Asian Americans. Houston and Harris county will be a great starting point.

Needless to say whatever we find out with the autopsy, something went very wrong. Losing House seats is completely unacceptable especially when the GOP is running people who believe Tom Hanks eats children.

Tom Perez should be fired almost immediately though and Nancy Pelosi is a goner. She did well dealing with Trump for the most part but there is an issue with the branding of the party as a whole. Most of it is just because of the Right Wing propaganda but still... the party really needs an overhaul and rebranding.

RayRay10 and daywalker02 like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Majority of azn?

It is natural in my opinion to limit your rival.

It is not hard line to me.

Imma have to separate aspects again.

Put economy and differences aside, China and the US can very well cooperate on scientific levels and be better for it.

Hope Biden sees that.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Please point me to your source of "good information."

I am sick and tired of dems version of "fake news". I am not going to sit here and stomp my feet claiming I am right, but I would like to know the specific, correct facts.

K thx.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Outside of rhetoric, Trump pretty much caved to China's demands in exchange for family favors.

AleksandarN, RayRay10, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Where are you seeing this?

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I agree. That being said I do want to give a counter point to people blaming democrats for the elections of Trump. Yes they should have been better at this. But let's not let all the idiots that vote for Trump of the hook. They could have just not voted for a narcacistic conman. It really is not too difficult. Yes Biden might not be the ideal candidate. But even if the Democrats would have put out a ficus as their candidate it should not have been this close.

Trump is actively trying to con the American people with the sole purpose of getting richer himself. All the while making the world a less safe place. People who do not see that are idiots. And I believe/fear many actually see it, but for some reason do not care. Which might even be worse. Unfortunately there are many stupid, ignorant people in the world. Not just in the US. We also have these type of people, but in our system (so far) they have not been able to get the amount of power Trump has gotten in the US.

I feel for the American people who are on the right side of history. I really hope you guys can get the victory. But I fear even then the US is in big trouble. Trump is a symptom not the disease.

#2791 arno_ed, Nov 5, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    dobro1229, RayRay10, malakas and 4 others like this.
  12. STR8Thugg

Hmm, I'm not necessarily opposed to this, but there are forces at work that will prevent it regardless of who is in office. $$$ talks, and insurance companies aren't going to let themselves be squeezed out of the market. But I guess that's a different issue.

If there was a way to logistically do it without placing the burden on the middle and lower class then sure. But that was cost such a ridiculous amount of money I don't think taxing just the rich would get it done. Idk though, it's an interesting thought.

13. STR8Thugg

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/358695

This article outlines some of the things his plan could do to a small business.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/security/news/

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

48% of votes are almost guaranteed every time no matter who the candidate is.

There are swing states but virtually no undecided, unattached voters.

RayRay10 and arno_ed like this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

it didnt go very wrong as much as not a landslide. i believe you are slightly skewing yourself due to your want. i understand since I want too.

biden/harris wasnt inspiring..

the fact they cobbled enough of an opposition with biden not even a factor until dem collusion in sc. he was never "the guy" as much as "a guy"
    i said i would vote for a ham sandwich instead of trump. to be fair not as many would vote for ham sandwich and instead voted for trump. i like harris ok but if im honest I would have sat out or voted 3rd party if it was her as president.

you have to remember middle of pandemic troops coming (that was on purpose) and drama ( see apathy and stay away ..suppression works!) i think this factor is understated..texas had 13 million voters vote. highest sure but we can do better too. apathy has always been a story in usa and there is no doubt this aids trump. another drop in the non landslide bucket.

trump incumbent ( this is overlooked this would be one of few times in usa history one term president..this data point on its own is almost everything)

in february trump was set to win in landslide. think about that..if not for the virus it would have been trump with absolute ease.

so in that sense yeah it took a virus in last 200 days to make it close. so in that sense i agree their message was flat and wasnt much past "not trump" for sure next time dems will need to do more to get an inspirational candidate .

as far as economy things seemed to be ok with economy in feb although i think there would have been a summer correction without virus. it wouldnt have been enough to win for biden. trump was on course.

there is a reality that hispanic and black community is misguided and being used. they are a vocal enough group that the dems need to show they really are doing stuff for this population. do it and show it.

in meantime especially hispanic population think of themselves as rich ( news flash they arent) and are some of the most poser wannabes you ever meet.
    its a culture thing they look up to these ted nugent and kid rock kinda white guys they for some reason want to be
    .manly lol...its pretty funny i know TONS of poser hispanics like this..its a factor..guys in florida and miami too.

think about it who is tony montana going to vote for? a tough guy like trump ( pretend tough ) or a p***y like biden?

if dems ran clint eastwood out there would get that miami tony montana vote every time. 100%

so as you mentioned earlier trump has failed upwards and as usual with the guy its been a set of event after event. could have never planned it and I give credit to trump for his timing to be uncanny. it reminds me of a drunk driving leaving path of destruction and always walks out with a scratch..

sure we cant keep saying "luck" and have that be ok so yes the message is off something went wrong sure but know the reasons.

if looking for a "base" in say hispanics be prepared to have to have a seemingly tough guy or you want to move on from miami immediately.

either embrace the miami guy or move on...a cobbled remade group 10 months out is a miracle in itself that biden even has it close.

you cant build a team with a loose message seemingly every 2-4 years and expect landslide.

DVauthrin, ryan_98, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone who does not have a full-time job should have the ability to opt-into medicare for a few hundred a month.

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Attorney General of PA said(on CNN) that if mail in votes keep coming in like they have for Biden, he expects him to win PA.

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Now MSNBC is explaining why fox news may be wrong for calling AZ for biden. What kind of bizarro world is this?

malakas likes this.
  20. biina

biina Member

Given that only 1/3 of senate was contested with majority being GOP held seats, you cant draw such conlcusions. The house is likely a better measure

RayRay10 likes this.