1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is Fine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Nov 4, 2020.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

your example on defunding the policy is perfect.

it speaks 100% to the marketing/branding problem the democrats have. defunding doesn't mean defunding to many people... because it never meant defunding. why Democrats pushed that as a catch phrase no one knows and is insane.

so absolutely people are risk adverse in practice, when in their mind they're thinking there will be no more police and the government will come and "take all my guns", and women will be rushing to abortion clinics in droves "killing babies".

it's all marketing/branding.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe that's why a reality tv tweeter still has a chance at reelection.

Not happy how the senate will turn out. Still can't believe Collins won. That b**** will be the decider in how big the next Covid bill will be...among many other things.

Maine prob got what it wanted...

3. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

lol Trump turned out tons of new voters and made inroads with minority voters no Republican has made in a very long time.

the Republican party is the Trump party now. they will absolutely nominate someone just like him in 2024. Maybe even him again. Any chance of the party going moderate is dead. And as I said in another thread, all the results today point that the Democrats should go towards populism if they actually want to win moving forward, meaning you will see them likely go further left.

also mcconnell will likely do whatever he can to tank the Biden presidency including let this economy die. I am terrified for a lot of industries I very much care about (live music, restaurants, theater, etc) much more than I was yesterday.

it is, in my opinion, a very bad result for the future direction of this country. sorry to doom but thats my feeling. its a bad day for anyone who considers themself moderate at all.

VooDooPope, basso and Invisible Fan like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

PERRY BACON JR.
    NOV. 4, 12:32 PM
    Where The Race For The Senate Stands

Before the election, Republicans held 53 Senate seats, Democrats 47 (including the two independent senators who caucused with Democrats). But polls suggested that Democrats could net four seats and win the chamber.

That’s probably not happening. As expected, ex-football coach and Republican Tommy Tuberville easily defeated Democratic incumbent Doug Jones in Alabama. Democrats appear to have flipped two seats that they were expected to win, with former Colorado Gov. John Hicklooper beating Sen. Cory Gardner and retired astronaut Mark Kelly likely defeating Sen. Martha McSally. (ABC News has not yet called the race but the Associated Press did.) But Republicans Joni Ernst of Iowa and Steve Daines of Montana held off strong Democratic challengers. Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina also seems likely to win reelection, although that race has also not been called by most news outlets yet.

And Republicans could get an upset. Republican John James is narrowly ahead of incumbent Democratic Sen. Gary Peters, 49.3 percent to 48.7 percent, although 10 percent of the vote there remains untabulated so either candidate could win.

So the Senate looks like it’s 48-47 in favor of Democrats right now. But even if Peters overtakes James, Republicans have a very good chance of winning all three remaining seats and getting to 51 seats overall. Republican Susan Collins of Maine is ahead of her challenger, Democrat Sara Gideon, 50 percent to 44 percent. But about 26 percent of Maine votes are untabulated. Also, Maine uses a ranked-choice voting system. Gideon is likely to be the second choice of most of the supporters of the more progressive independent candidate Lisa Savage. Savage is getting about 4 percent support, so this race favors Collins but could still swing to Gideon.

In Georgia, Sen. David Purdue is narrowly ahead of Democrat Jon Ossoff, 51 percent to 47 percent, but there are a lot of outstanding ballots in that state. If Purdue does not get 50 percent of the vote, the race will go to a Jan. 5 runoff. The Senate special election in Georgia is already headed to a runoff because none of the numerous candidates received 50 percent. Incumbent GOP Sen. Kelly Loeffler and Democrat Raphael Warnock will face off in that race. Both Purdue and Loeffler would be favored in runoffs, since Georgia is a GOP-leaning state.​

5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It is now, yes. But I'm counting on 4 years of DeTrumpfication eventually wiping away all things Trump.

I think there are a lot of Republicans who have supported Trump over the last 4 years just as a matter of necessity. Just going along to get along. It will be interesting to me to see how they react to Trump losing once he's finally gone. They got what they wanted from him (3 SCJ's). Maybe they'll just throw him and his whole family out with the bath water. Or pond water. Pond would be good for Trump.

jakedasnake likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

If Trump network starts rolling, just wait for his spawn to crawl out of their daddys butthole with pathetic promises and smears for the next decade or so

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

Do you really expect Mitch to work with Biden or Pelosi? How many hundreds of bills has he blocked from even being put to a vote? Mitch made it his mission to block everything Obama wanted to do, and he’ll do the same with Biden.

I’m guessing Mitch will work with the other side on some kind of Covid stimulus, but that’s about it.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. TheresTheDagger

What makes you think Trump wouldn't run again?

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What a twat.

dachuda86 and basso like this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Apparently there is a large group that does , but there's also a large group who don't particularly care for Trump but just didn't like the Dem agenda and .... tax increases , gun control , GND and its $93T in spending , free college and all that AOC wing garbage.

I can't make out which group is larger ....

This might have been the best outcome - Biden unseats Trump but the GOP holds the Senate .... we get some balanced government and no crazy shenanigan's from either side that would dramatically alter our way of life.

basso likes this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Me too ....

basso likes this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Stroke

Invisible Fan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Prison.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

He met a ramp he couldn't overcome.

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Quoted for TRUTH!

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trump and his ego may run again in 2024.

DD