1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

yeah but even teh top pollsters have MOE's around 3-4 for big states. For elections taht are decided by less than 5 points, it means they're always going to be within it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Trump currently -220 fav to win, was -800 at one point. Vegas must know something.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think the polls said covid-19 was a big concern for most americans but maybe some of those folks meant the lockdowns were an issue for them.

The biggest thing I see, if Biden loses, it would be because of his jobs perception. The Democrats will probably have to toss out the green new deal and any environmentalist agenda going forward. The "green" states are solidly Democrat, there's no bonus for winning by a large margin. If they want to consistently win the Midwest and eventually Texas then they need to offer something up

Also, I see is that the American public really doesn't care at all about the racial injustice discussion.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They got delayed because of a pipe burst apparently

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. HardenVolumeOne

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes but it says no ballots have been damaged. The whole frickin' world is waiting for the results and they are like...ok we go to bed and take our time over the next two days or so.

Sends a bad signal.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think Biden's mistake was his ground game. It's one thing not to rally, but another to not have a ground game where you send people out wearing masks to get people to register to vote. That might have cost him NC and FL.

RayRay10, Hakeemtheking and R0ckets03 like this.
  10. HardenVolumeOne

i hated the lockdowns as did the my friends and family in michigan. They almost lost their businesses and recieved no loan assistance from ppp. they are still furious at the governor out there

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Given the situation with Covid they might not have the staff.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. HardenVolumeOne

this whole thing stinks and makes no sense

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Unbelievably curropt. Its always democrat cities who pull this ****

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

RayRay10 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If the other 50% gets something, that's not a minority....

Both sides like to talk grievances when they're not in control. I think cable news amps up that victimhood mentality.

America won't be destroyed, but our slow boil or descent while Trump corrodes government accountability and stability might or might not be recoverable.

Not his concern. More the concern of the voters who have to decide afterwards...I'm guessing it's a canyon to dig out, but who really knows.

I wish Americans would play together nicely, but you just described overriding rural voters with a different method of counting. Seems it's reasonable for both factions to scratch and claw for survival.

Rural areas will always be underserved by government funding. It's too expansive and inefficient. Cultural norms are delivered much faster than economic stimulus, so playing identity politics (whether it's White Identity or Social Justice) will always Trump higher level economic concepts.

If you live in a city, just go where the corporate money is flowing. Mostly do all right for now.

That's America...

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

But, what was Biden going to say to energize them to vote for him? Trump won in 2016 because he went to rural America and bought their votes (subsidies, tariffs to onshore jobs, etc). He basically used the Democrat's playbook against them. Biden has been running against Trump instead running for the presidency.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You don't think it's because they have 100's of thousands of ballots to count where as a rural count has a few thousands?

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Instead of spending 100's of millions of TV ads, invest half of that into your ground game - hiring people to go out and knock on doors and register people to vote.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I don't know how many votes are left to be counted in Atlanta, but Biden could easily over take Trump with a significant number left.

RayRay10 likes this.