1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thinking Basketball Podcast : Top 10 Passers in NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jordnnnn, Oct 28, 2020.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...Ewj5vPmchtjsAhUIVK0KHX56BQ4QjrkEegQIDhAF&ep=6

Another interesting listen. Can’t say I completely agree, but I enjoyed listening to his methodology and choices.

He gave plenty of caveats on how he completely understands how some if not most will disagree. Honestly it’s best to just listen to hear what he has to say. Also said this was more of what he has seen over the last 2 years and not projecting into the future.

1: Lebron
    2: Jokic
    3: Doncic
    4: Young
    5: D. Russell
    6: Harden
    7: Ball
    8: Rubio
    9: Rondo
    10: D. Green

As far as Harden, the parts I can remember off the top of my head were that there are a couple passes Harden might be the best in NBA history at, but knocks him for being weaker as a right handed passer. And says that in our strategy to stop using him in pick and roll with a big man that we just don’t see certain passes as much anymore.

HP3 and Easy like this.
  2. WestendMassive

Agree that there is an argument to be made for any of the top 3 to be ranked as better passers than Harden but D-Lo Russell and Trae Young? Get outta here!

3. lionaire

lionaire Member

Umm...Chris Paul???

HP3 likes this.
  4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

He had him 11th. Said he dropped him down because as he has gotten older his ability has dropped and he described him at this point to be an extremely safe passer. Doesn’t really attempt anything too difficult.

lionaire likes this.
  5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah he did say in the podcast that his top 3 were rock solid and that he believed them to be the 3 best without question and that after that it was very close. Also when you listen to him explain his top choices it felt like he said pretty much the exact same things for Young, Dlo and Harden.

HP3 likes this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Tillman is the best passer in the NBA. He keeps passing on spending money and passing on luxury tax. And he keeps passing out first round picks.

7. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

too bad tof @tinman loves tilman

tilman sucks

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love the Houston Rockets and I hate fans who don’t know their history

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Would agree with Lebron at the top. I think especially as a fan of another team you could get a little bit overzealous rooting against him (because he's so great) and it becomes your own duty to reign that in and really see how freaking great he is at playing basketball.

Passing. I think the craziest thing about him isn't the physique or the dunks. Some of the passes that seem like a reaction to something, but you watch it again (and again) and see how his mind is a step ahead of the action. Some of them are so quick it COULDN'T be a reaction, and you see how his mind is picking apart things in advance. That ability (and of course, that he's 35 and hasn't lost the first of steps) makes me think he could play another 15 years.

Jokic's passing is elite but I think it's because he's a big man and that's a fairly uncommon attribute for guys that size.

Harden's assist production and ability to hit guys right in the chest, when everyone knows what's about to happen... I mean, he gets 8 assists, it was probably on 24 passes and 22 of them were dead-eye, pinpoints.

Chris Paul at 11 is a hot take.

lionaire likes this.