1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Did Morey want to leave?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HP3, Oct 28, 2020.

?

When Did Morey want to leave?

1. Do you think its when we made the Westbrook trade?

81 vote(s)
    51.3%
  2. Do you think it was after Dantoni said he wasnt coming back?

22 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Do you think its when Tillman bought the team?

35 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Do you think it was in the middle of our coacing search?

8 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. Other

12 vote(s)
    7.6%
  1. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

fair enough. But I think Murry don't give a rats ass about the Rockets or its fans now that he's president of the 76'ers.
    He will do everything in his power to exploit or take advantage of our organization if it will benefit his.
    And thus we should NOT waste any more time/effort on him. To me it's like crying over spilled milk.

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Done worry. Stone has all Morey's spreadsheets copied. I bet he even stole Morey's iPad.

Ramo$e and MorningZippo like this.
  3. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

If Murray was a general in the US Army, and he quit and now works as head of the KGB, he would be labeled a traitor.
    The dude knows all the weakness of the Rox organization, our players, our owner. That ad he took out in the Chronicle praising James Harden, I wouldn't be surprised if he's laying down the groundwork for Harden's future arrival. Darril Murray, watch out Rocket fans, he will try to *** us over.

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think its after the China debacle.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What are you talking about? A GM going to another team is like the CEO of Macy's going to work for JCPenney's. This kind of things happen all the times.

Yes, the 76ers is a competitor. But the NBA is not just two teams like the Cold War.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm secure in my Rocket fan cred. I was following this team at least a decade before @tinman. Maybe even before he was born.

treyk3, Ramo$e, Deuce and 1 other person like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol joining in 99 doesn’t mean you started being fan in 1999

it just means you joined when there was a brotherhood of pure fans
    @Ziggy

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

you are right we lost so much money ...the Rockets were China’s team

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

This bull **** about Russell can’t play with a center is garbage, the dude played MVP caliber season with Freaking No jump shot Stephen Adams.

Ramo$e likes this.
  10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Best Center money can buy
    Covington
    Gordan
    Harden
    Westbrook

Tucker, Green, a shooter, Bruno....
    Not a bad squad with taking better advised shots

D-rock likes this.
  11. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

You can't pick apart my analogies and scrutinize the technicalities of my arguments all you want and that's fine...I don't claim to be good at explaining things. But you haven't touched on my point. My point is Murry is no longer our friend, he's an adversary.
    He's not going to do us any favors. He's not going to send us a Chris Paul for Brody type trade if there is one b/c he's not being held back anymore.
    Going forward, he's going to give us Jeremy Lamb and K-Mart for Harden type deals. We should be wary of Murry.

saleem and Easy like this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

in my view, DM and MDA both thought they'd end up at Philly, and likely discussed it many times.

When Doc got fired, Philly executives decided to go that way.

I can't say for sure whether DM and MDA were eyeing Philly even before the Rockets were eliminated... but I suspect so. We already know DM was eyeing Philly as far back as last year. And we heard rumors about Philly+MDA if not while the Rockets were still playing, shortly thereafter. Where there is smoke, there's fire... which means at the least, there was previewing of it by agents, etc. happening already.

I don't particularly care for it, and think both the 76ers and Nets have their work cut out for them, in the sense they are solid teams, but with ??s... same as the Rockets had/have of course.

csnerd84 likes this.
  13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if Morey called Doc and said "Don't bother coming to Houston. I'll see you in Philly"!

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

HP3 likes this.
  15. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

You don’t need to be Morey to know the Rockets’ weaknesses. The whole league knows them.

Cheap know it all owner runs the team like a discount Buffett and interferes in basketball decisions without the skill to do so. Will give away assets to save money. Installs family members into the organization.

Team struggles with ingame adjustments.

2 stars with iffy defense neither of whom can play off the ball. Get the ball out of 1 or their hands at all costs. Let the other run the offense and shoot as much as he likes. Pound them in the paint. Do everything you can to not foul and close to the corner 3. Watch your turn overs.

There there are the team “secrets”. They are well known.

HP3 likes this.
  16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think it was when Tilman lied after his first trade deadline. It began to unravel there.

By the time the Westbrook trade happened, Morey had become an outsider in the organization. Harden and WB are now an alliance and Tilman forced the trade, which means it's those 3 vs Morey for the rest of the season.

I think Westbrook taking way more drives and no 3's worked in the regular season and probably was a decision taken against the analytics. When WB couldn't execute that offense against a playoff defense and on a gimpy quad, I'm sure the situation was tense and awkward. Morey is too good for this, I hope we clean it up.

#96 Mathloom, Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    HP3 likes this.
  17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

When tillman was obviously cheap n let ariza walk, when he directed morey to trade cp3, when he silence morey on the China thing. So probably when he ran the nbers n found out tillman would be a bad owner

HP3 likes this.