1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

But most Republicans, from critics to allies of Trump, have remained publicly silent. It’s not new for Trump’s party brethren to duck and cover when he says something troubling. But after five years of perfecting the art of explaining how they “didn’t see the tweet” — the much parodied talking point to which Republicans on Capitol Hill often resort — it is shocking but not surprising that they aren’t speaking up now, even when the integrity of America’s electoral system is under attack by their party’s leader.

Efforts to solicit on the record comment from a broad range of party leaders Monday were met with indifference.

Sen. Ben Sasse didn’t respond to a DM. Chris Christie didn’t return a text. A message to the spokesman for Sen. Josh Hawley, an up-and-comer in the party, went unanswered. Sen. Lindsey Graham didn’t return a call after POLITICO left a voicemail for him. (Graham’s outgoing message offered the option of sending a fax but a reporter did not avail himself of that method of communication.)

White House spokeswoman Alyssa Farah promised to call back but never did. Rudy Giuliani went silent, even though a reporter sweetened the deal by agreeing to hear him out on the Hunter Biden intrigue, a current Giuliani obsession. Karl Rove was kind enough to respond, but he was too busy to discuss the president’s comments sowing doubt and mistrust about the sanctity of the election process, because, he said, his “flight is getting ready to shut the door and pull away from the gate.”

Hogan Gidley, a spokesman for the Trump campaign, did respond. When asked about the president’s comments suggesting that votes shouldn’t be counted after Election Day, Gidley replied, “What’s the quote?” Told by a reporter, “Have you been following the news? There are dozens of them!” Gidley did not reply on the record.

As usual, Never Trump Republicans, who generally now back Biden, were willing to speak their minds.

“For months now the president has questioned the integrity of the election, and now at the 11th hour, he’s signaling prematurely that he’ll declare victory before the result is certain, setting the stage for further discord,” said Miles Taylor, the former chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security who recently unmasked himself as Anonymous, the internal Trump critic who published a scathing op-ed in The New York Times. “I think it’s destructive to the democratic process. I think it could potentially lead to civil unrest and even violence in the country, and it’s wildly irresponsible for a president to do.”

Steele added that Trump “is fearful of the outcome because he has not made the case for his reelection to the American people so he’s trying to game the system against itself to his benefit. He’s poisoned people with this notion that the only way he loses is if the system is rigged. Well that’s just bullshit.”

Many Republicans insist they are disgusted by Trump’s threats, they just aren’t willing to say so publicly. Dozens of quietly anti-Trump members on Capitol Hill, or who left the Trump administration, usually in disgust, are willing to torch the president — but only under the cloak of anonymity.

“It’s despicable and un-American but not surprising,” said one senior Senate GOP aide. “They have never had any respect for the institutions of democracy that don’t benefit them. The beauty of federalism is that we leave it to the states to make their own rules and the idea that a president would overturn a state official’s decision to benefit them in an election is just kind of the antithesis of what Republicans used to believe in.”

He added, “It’s just one final F.U. to what Republicans used to believe in.”

just a bunch of spineless cowards...the party of b*tches

more at the link...

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL publicly silent, privately disgusted, in reality as huge POS human beings as their leader

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

6. AstrosRockets1818

Sweet Lou my friend. Did you vote Trump this morning?????? Yeahhhh!!!!!!

Ubiquitin likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

I agree, that is why I do not go to the doctor. One time they misdiagnosed with the flu when I only had a cold. I am sure the huge lump growing on my prostate will go away on its own.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Biden can still win without Pennsylvania or Florida.

Biden sits at 270 if he carries Nevada AND Arizona.......

All he has to do is win the North East and he should.......... win the Great Lakes (Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota) and win Nevada and Arizona.

He can literally lose the entire South and the the Plains and still narrowly win the election..... everyone points to Pennsylvania, but in 2016 Trump won Wisconsin and Michigan. Those states are now states that Biden has a strong lead in........... so out of ALL the close swing states, Biden only needs lowly Arizona to win....

That is why Biden should be the heavy favorite. Trump needs to almost run the table of contested states to win. It can happen but usually doesn't.

9. AstrosRockets1818

Can’t wait to talk about this post in about 12 hours.

Master Baiter and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

I will gladly talk about it.

If I am wrong, then I will admit it and deal with the blow back.

If I am right, then I am right.

AleksandarN, RayRay10, ROCKSS and 2 others like this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Do you actually even read up on the things that you comment on?

Is it because it makes it easier to automatically attribute good faith in good faith without bothering to read or know about anything?

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Curious as to why? It's the God's honest truth. The numbers show it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Because he’s a Trumpanzee, and they don’t care about logic and science, remember?

15. MystikArkitect

Arizona cementing Trump's demise would be the most poetic thing that could happen this election.

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

can't believe it's been 4 years already.

Two Sandwiches and RayRay10 like this.
  17. MexAmercnMoose

4 years already? did the infrastructure bill pass?

No Worries, RayRay10 and dookiester like this.
  18. AstrosRockets1818

yeah just like 4 years ago when Hill baby was gonna win. You probably voted for that murderer didn’t you?

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Because... the Hatch Act has been completely ignored...

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  20. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Nothing a lil hydrochloroquine and a shot of clorox won't clear up.

jiggyfly and Nook like this.