1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you wish upon a Daryl Morey?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 2, 2020.

?

I wish Daryl

Poll closed Nov 9, 2020.
  1. Great Success in Philly because i like Daryl

56 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Great Success in Philly because I hate Tilman

8 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Great failure in Philly because it's not Houston

11 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. Who cares he's gone?

21 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

We warmly bid him adieu and warmly wish him good fortune.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope he does well, he left a cancerous situation in Houston that was not his doing and he wants to be judged by his work.

DD

Williamson likes this.
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Daryl accomplished what he did here while A.) never being able to draft a top pick and B.) never being able to dip his teeny tiny pinky toe into the luxury tax.

Don't we all know what it's like to be handcuffed from reaching your potential from a boss that is either adverse to risk or spending? I hope in his new situation, without the handcuffs, he's able to reach his potential. I think he will.

BHannes2BHonest and YOLO like this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wish Morey would give us all the Philly assets for free. If he doesn't, then I don't really care how good or bad he does with the Sixers. If I've had enough of the Tilman-run Rockets some day and stop being a Rockets fan, I still won't root for any other team.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Like most great Artists!

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I will be rooting for Daryl in Philly. Both for his sake and because I hate #Tilman for shoving Morey out the door.

It is kind of like an abusive relationship. Tilman is the abuser. Morey got battered. Morey got out of the relationship and is now in a new relationship without abuse.

BHannes2BHonest, daywalker02 and YOLO like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Reality isn't as positive, a good percentage ends up entering a new relationship that is toxic as well. Vicious cycle.

GMs do better.

8. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Farewell to the CF legend Darnell Maurie!!

I hope he retires a rocket :confused::(

9. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I think the Sixers have made the final moves to be a contender. I have always felt that Brett Brown achieved what he could a few years ago. Sometimes a change of coaching staff is all that is necessary to change the outlook of a team. Rudy T in Houston, Phil Jackson in Chicago and Steve Kerr in GSW

Time will tell