1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you wish upon a Daryl Morey?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 2, 2020.

?

I wish Daryl

Poll closed Nov 9, 2020.
  1. Great Success in Philly because i like Daryl

56 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Great Success in Philly because I hate Tilman

8 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Great failure in Philly because it's not Houston

11 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. Who cares he's gone?

21 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I wish him all the luck in the world except when he plays us. When he plays us, I hope Philly is crushed so bad they have to forfeit the rest of the season and move the team to become the new Houston Comets.

[​IMG]

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'm happy for him, clearly he just wanted a better work environment. Nothing wrong with that.

Still a Rockets fan.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

From a photograph's perspective, it's a nice photo. But not gonna lie, hurts my soul a little.

4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Same but he's not a Rocket anymore. I was fine until I seen his tweet with Embiid claiming onto "bigger things" after trading Capela away does make me wonder..... what would happen if he had a YAO incident that hampered him in PHi like it did in HOU. F*ck Him, he left! I was his biggest supporter and defender too. If PHi faced us in the Finals we wouldn't be a after thought oh, wait we are. F*ck him!

ashleyem and treyk3 like this.
  5. BALLhog 247 365

He didn’t have to lie to the fans about his reason for leaving. Felt like a stab in the back when he signed with the sixers days after his announcement.

treyk3, sirjesse and Ramo$e like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

I agree. It would have been much more entertaining to tell everyone publicly what we already know and that tilman is a dumbass. I hate that he tried to spare tilman but these shots he’s taken today will do

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

I wish him nothing but the best. In person, Daryl's a very genuine, fun guy. Comped me on Rockets tix many times over the years.

8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I wish Daryl and MDA all the best. They were both great to the Rockets. It’s not their fault that the wrong guy bought the team.

9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Fat Elvis who?

dmenacela likes this.
  10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He never had a record below .500. Period. His worst season was 42-42.

Not being allowed to tank yet he landed a generational talent in Harden - impossible task but he did it.

Not allowed to go into the tax .... 65 win team a Felecia hamstring away from knocking off the dynasty of the decade .... Then forced to tear it down the following year.

2 straight years of not spending the MLE. Wasted assets - Lux Tax.

2 first round picks a second round pick & Melton thrown away to dump Ryno's contract.

Ariza = Oubre
    Shumpert's bird rights ... (create an expiring ~$16m contract).

He was handcuffed ....

Then there's Westbrook for Felecia trade. Thanks Tilman.

That other thread asking when Morey wanted out .... Probably the day he found out Tilman was buying this team. That's the guy that wasted the last 2 years and took this team from perennial contender to a dumpster fire with no cap space or draft picks.

I think Morey's the best GM in the business , we were fortunate to have him here. He'll be missed ..... I wish him all the best in Philly , unless he faces the Rockets in the finals.

I wish Tilman would sell the team to Jeff Bezos.

MettaWorldPete and Richie_Rich like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

i wish him happy hanukkah

BHannes2BHonest and daywalker02 like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not mind Daryl going into politics though.

I do not care about the Sixers enough to wish upon him but please trade the Rox a high pick.
    6 pack for his gut.

#32 daywalker02, Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Trust the Process that is Morey.

14. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

One of the reasons I want him to succeed is bigger than basketball. I'm sure Philly won't directly support him tweeting about Hong Kong again, but success grants visibility. And at a minimum, more people will learn about the situation as a result.

BamBam likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If you don't want to wish him success at least just be apathetic about it. There's really no reason to wish ill will on Daryl like you're some scorned lover. Morey gave the team and the fans his best effort in building a championship contender. He never intentionally half-assed at his job or was as bad as most GMs out there. It's like if you worked with someone for 5+ years, became friends with them, and they told you they're leaving the company for a better, higher paying job. You're going to hate them for making that decision? You're going to hold it against them that they wanted that part of their life to be private until the moment is right to make it public? C'mon folks....

YOLO likes this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I wish him the best, of course. Seems like a good person and he obviously has had a huge impact on basketball. He is an important figure in NBA history. It is a shame (for us) that he won't be able to get a title in Houston, but Tilman gonna Tilman.

YOLO and MettaWorldPete like this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I get that, but I'll just say that it didn't feel that way to me because I never believed his stated reason for leaving was his actual reason for leaving. An owner like Tilman is kryptonite to Morey; that relationship was never going to work out long term.

I did think he would stay out of the NBA for at least a year, but hey, maybe Philly backed up the Brinks truck and made an offer he couldn't refuse. And if that's the case, then who can blame him? We'd all do the same.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Wish him the best, except when he's playing the Rockets.

Deckard and Haymitch like this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You posted my post before I posted my post!

mfastx likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad Morey dumped Tmac when he realized he sucked.

Thank you Morey