1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Final Prediction: Who do you think will win? (not who you want to win)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Nov 1, 2020.

?

Who do you think will win? (not who you want to win)

1. Trump

2. Biden

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. cml750

cml750 Member

I am not really talking smack but I can see why that might be taken that way. It was my way of reaffirming my predictions. I feel more confident than ever in my prediction. I apologize if anyone took that to be smack talking. If I am right there will be a lot of shocked and pissed off people here.

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Afraid to answer my post? I know who you are. I was the same as you. Abortion is a big no no as a Christian. There are other values here at stake. Being a one issue voter is problematic.

TWS1986 likes this.
  3. Outlier

Outlier Member

I was a Trump voter in 2016. Your typical evangelical Christian. These fools need to wake up. They are in their own echo chamber with one focus entirely: abortion. They're willing to ignore everything else and they feed on the lies they're given.

Nook, TWS1986, Dubious and 1 other person like this.
  4. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I am trying to not look at the polls as much as I did in 2016, I want Biden to win, or more accurately I would vote for a lamp shade over Trump. If Trump does win I will just suck it up and deal with this idiot for 4 more years, I do feel we will see a complete train wreck of this country if he wins, a win would put him on a whole new level of crazy

TWS1986, IBTL, R0ckets03 and 3 others like this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Changed my vote to trump. Originally thought biden would win but he seems to have petered out at the wrong time.

couple of d's likes this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The country will not meltdown no matter who wins.

The crazies that both sides have in spades will. And it will be hilarious.

Astrodome likes this.
  7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

The crazies and what they could do will not be funny or hilarious.

Invisible Fan and Reeko like this.
  8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

What is it that you think the crazies could/will do that worries you?

It’s just going to be a lot of b****ing and moaning and crying like the world as we know it will soon end. And it won’t. And 4 years from now it will start all over again.

it’s funny every time.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Okay, thanks. I still don't think people will be "shocked" if your prediction comes true. A lot of data suggests a certain outcome, but people know our electorate has huge error bars these days. But yes, a bunch of us would be sad.

I don't think people here will be pissed off so much unless there are shenanigans trying to cancel vote counting or declaring victory prematurely, etc. What I hope, just for the country's sake, is a really clear signal, not a "hanging chad" type election where one state's disputed handful of ballots determine the whole election. I just hope for a good clear margin of victory. A snoozefest, if you will, that the media would hate. :D

10. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

You can change your vote...hold my beer

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Biden will win. The Dems will take over both Houses, but you will still have the conservative Dems voting with the Repubs on critical economic issues important to the donor class. Trumpism/present day GOP will take another 10 years or more to defeat. Some of them will just have to die off. The Trumpistst/GOP are not all racists and the Dems will have to start delivering real benefits to the non college educated to gradually moderate them. The Dems have not been very effective or seemingly willing to invest much political capital in improving the conditions of the poor and lower working class of all races, but at least minorities can have some solace in the symbolic gains such as the first Black president or more Latino and Asian representation.

Dubious, IBTL and Hakeemtheking like this.
  12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

What makes you say that?

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Thank you for finally admitting your intention in starting this thread, to claim some sense of white male victimhood by feeling outnumbered politically, and to misapply your understanding of faith to rationalize your personal spite. I guess unless all the sexually autonomous women and literate, upwardly mobile non-whites get raptured on Wednesday this confederate fever dream will have to suffice.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

trump and his racist base are a vengeful vindictive spiteful lot

Dubious likes this.
  15. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I think Biden wins this thing and it's tied up in court until January 2021.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

His base isn't any more racist than bidens base. And big cities aren't boarding up in anticipation of trumpers throwing a fit.

Oh and happy election day! May all of your choices capture many votes!

17. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

This post could have been done with just a word: Bravado

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

to an extent i agree. but most people dont carry it enough everywhere to make it a reason to vote one way or the other.

like you can be as racist and still want gun control, workers rights, pro choice etc..
    with racist biden voters you have their racism but then a mountain of things about policy , results, action AND the person themselves.

thats why guys like rush and michael berry have it all wrong..they think people look at it through vein of "right" and "left" and think the average person thinks that way. its weird and creepy..its a hole in their philosophy..

its like the thought never occurred to them the person means something and the reason people vote bush one year and clinton the next.

simply put - trump is an *******. i said from beginning repugs can own who they latch on sink or swim. they latched on and sold their soul to an ******* but more importantly that name they covet " republican"

the rest of us have no loyalty vow for republican party or trump. why would we? its not like we have been given a reason..economy is cute then you have virus gaffe and civil unrest gaffes..its a whole package and as bob says you need to "be better"

it certainly doesnt help when repugs whine about everything while in charge and cant get anything done.

like i or anyone is going to run out and die for that? its weird they would even think that. the narcissism and hubris through roof.

if remove party part and simple a binary between nuts or not biden wins every god damn time. its not that hard.

id vote against biden in the next election if biden doesnt handle his sh*it.

guys like rush and hannity are loyal to party regardless of the candidate.. the rest of us can pull in and out of assholes ( pun maybe intended) and we are not married to anyone..

in hannity and rush eyes you should vote repug without much outside of that..most dont think like that and their rhetoric and clowns like here is the EXACT reason my whole family registered and are voting biden. it backfired.

people arent going to in name of party or just because rush says..there are many that see that as patronizing. none of us in usa owe trump anything or the republican party..

so unless repugs can get a likeable guy ( trump was somewhat leading to 2016) they will continue to fall short and wonder why. your platform cant be "vote repug because its repug" thats like expecting me to shop at sears because aunt jeannie used to work there.

be better it starts with not picking assholes. its not that hard

TWS1986 likes this.
  19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

If you sincerely believe this then you need to get out more. Bernie's base? Sure. Biden's base? Yeah, no.

Either you're really out of the loop, or you're actively trying to gaslight people here.

If there are people rioting it is far more likely it will be because of Trump's years-long-handiwork in either sewing distrust in the election process or because Republicans are interfering with the free and fair election which is their clearly stated goal at this point.

Rashmon likes this.
  20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Rush and Hannity are only loyal to maintaining their audience numbers. If someone or something besides Ultra-conservative politics could incite the visceral emotions that addict people to their own hormonal fight or flight reactions they would do that.
    Its the money from rubes they want.

And really, their shtick is easy, it doesn't take any work or intellectual investment. They don't debate, they pontificate. They can say whatever they want, they can yell 'fire' in the movie theater.

#200 Dubious, Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    conquistador#11 likes this.