1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Final Prediction: Who do you think will win? (not who you want to win)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Nov 1, 2020.

?

Who do you think will win? (not who you want to win)

1. Trump

2. Biden

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yeah i feel you. i know in end its likely more what around the world says about it being 90 / 10...my guess would be more 75 / 25
    a guess and likely incorrect. you would know better.

i guess my original point is i was surprised in uk.. and then the various folks on my facebook in europe...they are scattered i have no peeps in greece...well now you!
    where are you?

i was in ios santorini trying to live one time as an expat ...it was very cheap rent and try to "work" to offset...i only lasted a few months haha good times

malakas likes this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

“I take full responsibility. It’s not my fault...”

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

So if Trump declares victory, especially when needing a win in PA, on Tuesday night, are you going to go along with it?

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It definitely helps when you are El Presidente and can slow down the mail to have less ballots arrive on time.

That's usually called banana republic cheating by any normal person.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is @cml750 a shy Trump voter?

IBTL likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hung Chad de facto leader of the Trump train would know.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and Nook like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Hungo Chadez

Sweet Lou 4 2, Nook, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  8. cml750

cml750 Member

Bob in much of the country life is back to normal other than having to wear mask in stores. Thankfully the lock-downs are over in most areas. The annualized GDP for Q3 was 33% erasing a lot of the loss earlier in the year. That is despite some states staying mostly locked down.

Except for one person who was laid off due to Covid, everyone I know is better of today than they were 4 years ago. Consequently everyone of my friends and every family members(parents, in-laws, aunts uncles, cousins, etc...) except for one are voting Trump. Even the person who was laid off is voting for Trump.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So... The Republicans have won the popular vote in an election once, one time, one singular time since 1992. And... Trump I'm pretty sure the President with the worst favorability numbers ever in modern history.

Currently, Trump is 7-8% behind in polling currently and for several months running now.

And Clinton vs Trump final poll averages ended up being 3.2 https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...s/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Whereas the final percentage difference was 2.1% in the actual vote. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election

I don't want to be rude. I do not understand at all though. I really don't. But you do you bro.

10. cml750

cml750 Member

We will see what happens soon.

11. malakas

malakas Member

I thought that you had 1 milion confirmed cases in 2 weeks and about 1000 covid deaths per day.

No Worries and B-Bob like this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

Santorini had cheap rent? :eek: It's so expensive that teachers and doctors rather resign their post than have to pay rent. Unless it was back in the 80s-90s.
    I am currenty based in Crete if you know of it.

Well..with the immigration crisis and the Covid lockdowns there are more crazies in social media
    That's why this american elections are very important for the rest of the world as well.

It will mean the failure of right wing populism that has begun rearing its ugly head in the last 4 years.
    God bless you all that you may send with your hands Trump where he deserves to be.
    Behind bars.

IBTL and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. Outlier

Outlier Member

Please describe specifically in what way are your lives better?

the11mingdynasty and B-Bob like this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Ive been to Crete. Athens and Corfu as well. All 3 were fun. I think the next place I would like to go in Europe if possible will be Portugal.

IBTL, malakas and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Trumpers don’t use logic

he can’t say what that 50/50 is based on because it’s based on nothing but delusion...that’s why he said from the jump he didn’t even want to debate

IBTL and don grahamleone like this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

well, he said it himself: even the guy who lost his job is voting Trump.

I really don’t get who says they are better off than 4 yrs ago, financially, healthcare-wise, etc. but okay.

my household income has been gutted in the last four years. Education, medicine, entertainment, hospitality, energy, nonprofit etc... its all ****ed. 3 friends/relatives dead this year. But the OP’s circle is all doing great, and okay then. Good for them.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I do not think it is even close honestly.

Trump v Clinton was in the margin of error, Biden v Trump is not.

Texas and Georgia being toss up states is NOT a good sign for the GOP, these should be red states decided by now. It's like if California and Washington were toss ups, you'd know the Dems did something terribly wrong. I said since then, weeks ago, Texas and Georgia being toss up states does not mean good news for red.

Trump is like one of those baseball teams that got hot right in time for the playoffs and ends up winning the world series....like the (ahem) Red Sox and Nationals...then they suck for the following year. He doesn't have that momentum anymore, everyone knows who he is, and I think people are tired of his act. Trump knows it too, he knows the only way he can win is by cheating, everyone, even conservatives, know that they only win by suppressing votes.

Well, the votes aren't suppressed. 93 million people have already voted. 93 million. 139 million people voted in the last election. We are having voting records smashed in the midst of a pandemic. Again, this on top of the fact that Texas and Georgia are toss up states? That's not a good sign. Utah Trump is up by like 6? That's a deep red state, he should be up more than that.

I understand the pessimism, I do, and the caution, I do...but I don't see it for Trump. He's been on the defense for the entire campaign. I'm sure he'll win Florida or Texas or both but when it comes to the toss up states he needs close to a sweep. It's the equivalent of being down 10 with a minute left to go. Sure, it can happen, sure, we've seen it happen a few times a year, but you need everything to go right. Maybe he gets that but I don't see it.

And I don't care about jinxing, just my prediction, I voted, everyone i know voted, so it's out of my hands now.

DISCLAIMER: Of course, this prediction is based on there being no relevant shenanigans. I think Trump will try, but if Texas, Georgia, or Florida go blue. Forget it. Trump can whine and flail all he wants at that point. I think once Biden locks up the one or two states he needs, people will ignore Trump. At that point, bundle in and bundle up. I'd avoid any rallies or gatherings, Trump has built a frenetic base that will be foaming at the mouth that they did not get their fascist dream state.

#117 JayGoogle, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You're making it sound like there are going to be a lot of middle aged white men with skinny legs and beer guts and dad bods that are going to be despondent next week. sad sad day

19. MystikArkitect

There was no shy Hillary voter. But there is shy Biden voter. (Rural voter that sensibly thinks Trump's out of his mind).

Biden wins MN, MI, PA, WI, AZ.

Trump wins OH, TX, GA, FL, NC.

Biden wins, not in an electoral landslide, but in the biggest popular landslide we'll see in our lifetimes. Texas wasn't won but Democrats take over and set up Abbot's ouster in 2 years.

Hopeful here: the Republicans rebrand. 2022 will still be a lost year and 2024 might be as well. It will take years for the party to regain trust. They need their Obama. And America does too. It needs a healthy conservative party.

20. Nook

Nook Member

The 40% of the country that thinks what Trump has done is wonderful, are going to be in for a big shock when the pendulum swings and the democrats exact vengeance, and they will not be measured or reasonable about it...

JayGoogle likes this.