1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Athletic] Another Hit Piece

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by lnchan, Oct 27, 2020.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

phasors28 likes this.
  2. msn

msn Member

"Illicit video"?

What, were the bosox watching p*rn to break out of slumps?

3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Can we please just stop posting this trash on this website?

People are going to say ignorant, inaccurate bullshit for the rest of time. We just need to get over it. We won, **** you. "Cheating" didn't hold the Yankees to THREE RUNS in FOUR GAMES at MMP in 2017, yet they somehow score a myriad of runs in NY? K.

Anyone that has been to an Astros playoff game knows you couldn't hear a bomb go off 10 feet from you, much less a whistle. b**** please.

4. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I’m surprised Passan could say anything with a BOS dick in his mouth and a NY dick in his ass. What a douche bag,

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

You'd think a franchise that's won 27 championships wouldn't care about their losing playoff record against the Astros, but their pain will never end, apparently. Anyway, where's the Manfred letter?

RayRay10, BMoney and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. conquistador#11

Much respect to these dude of Foxsports. I don't even know their names but they were on before the pregame show on 790. One of them is Terrell Buckley former Packers legend. Anyways his co host went on a mad hambre style rant on how after the Scandal all these teams came out saying they knew the Astros were doing something. "So why didn't they say anything then? Why didn't you speak up? I'll tell you why. Because you were doing the same thing. I wanted a Dodgers vs Astros matchup " Went on about the video guy, yankees i watch and how he'd like Carlos Correa on his team.
    I was like Yeah. YEAH! YEAHHHHH! YEAHHHHH!!!!! Wait you want Correa? nooooo!
    I donated my mini recording studio otherwise I'd have mixed the audio.

RayRay10 and htwnbandit like this.
  7. AkeemOlaDROwon

Oh well. People gotta get over it. Cheating in baseball has always been there. Anyone that is so deeply appalled is just a casual and the over dramatic reactions from certain players are just doing so because they’re unaccountable for their own actions not being good enough to beat us.

RayRay10 and htwnbandit like this.
  8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Months and months ago La Russa was accused of stealing and relaying signs through the scoreboard at Comiskey and not only did La Russa face zero scrutiny from the baseball media, he's back coaching the White Sox!

Someone has to make a documentary about how baseball and sports media decided to ignore decades of widespread sign-stealing cheating until the Astros did it.

9. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Cheating gives you unfair advantage that's why its wrong. Baseball salary cap/revenue earning is unfair and gives team an unfair advantage, that is why yankees go out one year and grab the best slugger and then the following year grab the best pitcher.

10. Buck Turgidson

Yes, yet somehow certain national press types don't mention it. **** 'em. Under the old rules neither the Astros nor the Yankees make the Postseason.

I look forward to the Astros beating the everliving**** out of the Yankees next season, and I will smile the whole time.

conquistador#11, Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Months and Months? Give me a ****ing break. The LaRussa scoreboard light thing has been common knowledge for years and years.

Decades of sign stealing? There's no era or decade or team in the history of baseball that hasn't cheated on some level.

The massive amount of horsesh!t hypocrisy by the baseball media and the MLB Office is worse for the game than anything that's happened on the field in the past 50 years.