1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Silas next Rockets head coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

News in Austin reporting it's Silas.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  2. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Sign Jeff Green back and don’t overpay for aTucker. See what you got in Bruno I’m playing time with starters. Think about a sign and trade deal for Ibaka involving Gordan since we can’t trade Westbrook with out hurting Hardens feelings.

cerophilik and jdiggidy like this.
  3. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Jimmy Butler and McCollum disagree.

saleem likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Jimmy Butler is indcredible at drawing FTs, that has what has kept his poor shooting afloat. McCollum is nowhere near the player Harden is.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agreed but just pointing out that Nate is not new age and prefers old school man defense. Nate went away from Vogel's system instead of embracing it.

And while Nate will employ some switch concepts e.g. X switching to corners or even tag weakside, his defenses have never been the most efficient.

Vogel was top 10 every season with Pacers, Nate not so much. Not only has his defenses been inefficient in regular season, Nate's Pacers teams have not even been competitive in postseason getting swept 3 out of 4 times. Nate never even got of 1st round as Pacers HC.

Nate does stress disruptions (deflections, steals, blocks) so their some upside to hiring him.

I just do not want Nate to have too much control over any of Rockets systems, defense or offense.

fckbandwagons and saleem like this.
  7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

This is how I pictured this whole ordeal.
    Tillman wanted Lucas as our next coach because he is cheap. Morey wanted Silas or JVG. Tillman didn’t want to pay more and refused to listen to Morey. Then they had a disagreement things turn bad.
    Morey was told he was going to get fired if he didn’t get in line. Morey walked and was glad to leave this mess. Tillman then pretended like it was all fine between him and Morey. They were ready to hire Lucas.
    Until Morey joined the Sixers. Then Tillman freaked and was like how can I get back at Morey. So he hired one of the coaches Morey wanted.

Now if things turn out better than we all thought, Cheapman will want to take all the credit. He will claim that he always wanted Silas and not Lucas.

I’m glad we didn’t hire Lucas. If we trade Gordon for someone that can shoot or 2 okay players. Also sign Jeff Green for their energy. And then we keep pretty much the same team perhaps we can do something. We could have Harden get inside more and do some post ups. Maybe we can have more movement and less isos. I’m not saying no iso but less of them and more movement. That would create more open shots too and players having more confident with the ball. Shooting 3s but not bringing them as much.

we will see hopefully we don’t suck next year and I hope we don’t trade Harden either.

8. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Why is he a good hire? I’m seriously asking.

Why the **** did we not push for JVG?

Also, just curious... is this the first ever black head coach for the Rockets?

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Don Chaney.

D-rock and bleedroxred79 like this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Because he's a coach that deserved the opportunity. He's outperformed being an head assistant coach. JVG was only wanted by Morey. No there was a black coach here before Rudy T.

11. riko

riko Member

As long as he brings back the mid range game and runs some plays to free up harden off the ball then it’s all good

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. forchette49

Middleton, Murray then?

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And James Harden is SIGNIFICANTLY better than both of those guys.

HP3 likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden is still way better than both these guys. But honestly these guy...well Middleton can shoot mid range because they are efficient at them.

15. forchette49

Mitchell, DeRozan, Leonard?

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Leonard yea, the other two no. But Harden isnt as good as Leornard in the midrange. But then again, he doesnt need to be.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

you sound set on this matter. i just want to talk basketball. Don't take this as a challenge to your hating on Nate. :)

just for clarity ... ICE isn't old school. It wasn't even invented for half of Nate's HCing career. But he quickly adopted that at Indiana.

tagging is old school. that's pretty basic man help defense. it's just more pronounced now that illegal defense rules no longer confine it. So, when you dive deep from the corner to tag (which is now allowed), X switching came into being.

I have no clue what he does against the Warriors. Maybe if he becomes coach, i'll pull some vids. And I can't really begin to guess what he'll do without a standard center, and whether he agrees Harden should be more down low, vs whereever the offense wants to put him.

I have a feeling if gets the job, it's because he's already convinced Harden and Silas he won't put Harden on an island, so he'll adapt.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Completely off topic but you should make a film thread bro.

D-rock likes this.
  19. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Wait... you mean the other 4 guys can actually MOVE on offense too?

They don't have to stand around?

Russ might actually not have to stand at the 3 point line?

This. Is. Revolutionary.

Is this what I can expect Sil-@$$.

20. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Boy Don was terrible.