1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What were your thoughts when this tweet was made?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Space City, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Mr. Space City

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I didn't find out till the next morning. I was ecstatic.

3. alethios

alethios Member

Morey, you ****ing genius!

4. JW86

JW86 Member

Honestly, it was the type of deal where I was just shocked and was so invested in our young guys, but also quit frankly not familiar with Harden that I didn't like it at first. But then it sank in and it was like wow, can't believe we got that type of guy for so little. Right before the season no less. Just crazy.

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I had check the news 1,000 times to make absolutely sure I was reading it right and not dreaming

s3ts, Ramo$e and D-rock like this.
  6. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I believe it was a Saturday and I was extra happy.

Ramo$e and Lawlruschang like this.
  8. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

My freshman-year college roommate was a huge Thunder fan so I threw it in his face for days

9. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

It was a Saturday. I was on my way to a Halloween Party I was in a Limo. I remember when I saw that tweet on my Blackberry my heart completely stopped. I told my Girlfriend which is my wife now and we got drunk drunk that night. I knew that trade was going to change the Franchise. Happy Harden day!!

10. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Wow. I............forgot about this and I am saddened that the meme is dead now.

BossHogg713, s3ts and Ramo$e like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

At the time, I was a general fan of Harden's game. He was one of my favorite non-Rockets players to watch because I always loved his intelligence on the court. So, I thought, cool, one of my favorite non-Rockets players now IS A ROCKET.

I had no idea he would be anywhere near this good.

Also, at the time, before the trade, I had pulled back a bit on my Rockets fandom. That time between the Yao/Tmac & Harden eras. So my interest in the team started to ramp up again.

34to11, don grahamleone, s3ts and 4 others like this.
  12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Loved it at the time. And that was before I even knew how good Harden actually was.

Perfect move for a franchise that really needed it. One of the best trades in modern NBA history.

Ramo$e, D-rock, saleem and 1 other person like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Great feeling, never dreamed he would be a generational talent.

Also didn't think it would be that hard to win a championship that would cap off his career.

Ramo$e likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was amazed and excited.

Ramo$e likes this.
  15. rockets13champs

My heart dropped I was glad we weren’t tanking anymore and got a YOUNG STAR

BHannes2BHonest and Ramo$e like this.
  16. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought it was a great trade and was very happy. I had no idea at that time we were getting a superstar though.

D-rock likes this.
  17. gotsis

gotsis Member

Really excited and as most, had no idea he would become one of the best offensive players of all time.

Really hope he can somehow win a ring here in houston to put a bow on a incredible career.

BHannes2BHonest, Ramo$e and D-rock like this.
  18. blackistan

blackistan Member

When this is the only dub of your team you can recount in recent times

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden was already 1 of my favorite players...I liked watching him in college, but he truly became 1 of my favorite players during his series vs the Mavs in the 2011 WCF

after that, I thought he could be really good if just given more of an opportunity

so I was ecstatic when the trade happened

tbh, the numbers he put up his 1st season here were what I thought his peak could be...I thought at his absolute best, he could be a like a 25, 5, and 6 guy...I thought he was gonna average like 20 ppg his 1st year here

I never even thought about him being an MVP or a 30 ppg scorer...it never even crossed my mind as being possible

watching him dominate his 1st 2 games against the Pistons and the Hawks had my jaw on the floor...we fleeced OKC

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Very vividly. I was getting ready for a costume party and when the alert came through I ditched my costume and put on my ASU #13 jersey. It's the only basketball jersey I have bought since T-Mac first joined the Rockets and I got it on the very last day of sophomore year on sale for like $15 just in case I decided to ever wear a basketball jersey ever again. The whole night I just spent hours talking with my friends about how great Harden was going to be in Houston.

don grahamleone, Ramo$e and D-rock like this.