1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One Week Left: Aren't you EXHAUSTED?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

One Week (8 days) til late night November 3rd when we should know if Trump is re-elected or Biden is #46. One week til we know if Texas, Arizona, and Georgia go Blue or if Trump can re-create his breaking the Blue Wall of Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. And if "WTF, Flordia" will even matter? Do the Democrats take the Senate and expand the House margin. Does MJ Hegar upset Cornyn?

I'm EXHAUSTED from all this. Covid-19, Supreme Court, Trump and his supporters are exhausting. If he wins, gotta dig down to get thru another 4 years of his Bullshit.

Is a Blue Wave the enema the Country needs to clean out the Bullshit Trump has built up for 4 years?

I can really use a BORING President for a few years.

Republicans and Trump's attempts at Voter Suppression have backfired, leading to RECORD NUMBERS of early voting. We will see if the Republicans sowed the seeds of their own demise.

I voted on October 15th...the earliest I have voted before that was on the Friday before Election Day.

#1 Mr.Scarface, Oct 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    ROCKSS, tmoney1101, RayRay10 and 7 others like this.
  2. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

this bluenami is coming soon...Trump will get washed right out of office, and then the country can attempt to heal and clean up the devastation he left behind

4. IBTL

IBTL Member

if this isnt a landslide we are barely at halftime.

its like 80 days between election and inauguration. get your popcorn ready

joshuaao, B-Bob, Nook and 5 others like this.
  5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I'm not exhausted I'm pissed off

joshuaao, B-Bob, tmoney1101 and 7 others like this.
  6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Completely exhausted. I love politics. Enough that I got my degree in Poli Sci and wanted to teach it. Even though I didn't go into that, I still have stayed mostly connected to what's going on since I graduated college over 20 years ago. I'm just so freaking worn out by the last 4 years that I don't know how much more I can stand. Like so many others, I, assuming Biden wins, can't wait for the day where we don't have to hear about what asinine thing the President said, or law he broke, or group he insulted, etc., etc.

ROCKSS, joshuaao, ElPigto and 6 others like this.
  7. AB

AB Contributing Member

I am extremely exhausted. These last 3yrs politics were extremely tiresome. There is no conversations without trolling. It is pathetic watching some of the 40+ yrs old adults act Juvenile.

I keep trying to reset my thought process and try to make sure I clear perceptions from my side. but the quality of conversation deteriorates in minutes. I just disconnected myself from politics as much as possible.

Can't wait for the week to be done with !! I want the politics to get BORING again. I want conversations that don't require content from some random twitter feeds
    I want people to get back to talking about political positions they know or those they want to know.
    I would like it if Biden wins.. But If Trump were to win, I will just have to resign to the fact that I did not understand America like I thought I did.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Bring on the show

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Everybody needs to remember we may not have a winner on election night. PA and WI state law prohibit counting of ballots u til Election Day. PA has allowed everyone to vote by mail. MI, another swing state, doesn’t begin counting until th day before Election Day I believe.

if Biden takes FL and other key states, perhaps it’s moot. But be ready for a crazy day. Early returns for PA, WI and Mi will all likely be skewed Republican since they tend to vote in person on Election Day. Dems have requested more mail in ballots and this will likely be more pronounced in PA.

10. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

B-Bob, Nolen and RayRay10 like this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

I just want to go to a bar without seeing some jackass dressed head to toe in campaign gear.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

100% exhausted.

The only issue is though that if Biden wins, and we all sort of fall asleep, the Republicans and their troll farms will be working overtime to rig themselves back into power. The Supreme and lower courts will still be exhausting us with brazen hard right activism to rule from the bench. There will be MANY reasons to still be activated even if Biden wins.

Most importantly... even if Biden wins... the two months before inauguration will be the biggest sh$t show of the Trump reign of chaos. What we are in for in this time before this a$$hole leaves the White House and probably the country will test your anxiety at a level we've never had to deal with.

But yes... I'd love for a boring presidency so I can start geeking out on the salary cap, draft prospects, indie music, drinking less, and maybe do a bit more to get healthy.

joshuaao, B-Bob, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  13. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I was exhausted 6 months ago...

T_Man

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I wouldn't put too much into Americans voting on the moral imperative of public wokeness...

The main reason Biden has a good chance is because the economy is in the shitter. Trump would be cruisin 51-49 if it was still post-impeachment Feb.

That's how sad America is rn

RayRay10 and CometsWin like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right now the most important thing to do is VOTE!

If you're going to vote by mail do it ASAP. Check with your state's Secretary of State office if you can track your vote.

If you've voted already remind people you know to vote!

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

A little random, but post reminds me of threads from conservative voters after Trump won imploring us that now was the time to unite and heal -- and they were soundly rebuffed. Maybe there will be a lot of clean-up work to do, but probably not any healing yet and therefore not much rest. There's going to be a ton of resentment on the right.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Unite and heal from what? From having a black man as President for 8 years?

18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, not exhausted.

Anxious for the next week and the election and how the newly packed SCOTUS may pull a 2000 again.

Frustrated that Trump and his government ****ed up so badly on COVID and his last four years wrecked the last 8 Obama years.

Angry that Trump got 3 justices when he should’ve got none.

I am engaged. I am ensuring my friends and family vote. I am donating to Biden and other democratic candidates.

And if Biden wins the election by popular vote, and there is meddling by the SCOTUS allowing Trump to stay in power. I will be enraged.

But I am not exhausted.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If you'll recall, we were upset about Republicans denying Garland a confirmation hearing. We were upset that the Republican Congress had reflexively opposed every Obama initiative, even if they agreed with one, just to deny him any victory. We were offended they'd put up a white supremacist and misogynist as their candidate for president. We were worried that that candidate had accepted help from operatives from a hostile power and might be compromised. And we were alarmed that the new president seemed inclined to use the powers of his office to bury any evidence of wrongdoing. So we said lots of things that made Republicans feel like liberals bore them some animosity which, now that they'd taken the spoils, they'd wished would just go away.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m not following

So conservatives were saying it was time to heal and unite because liberals were being mean to them because of how they tried to undermine Obama and supported someone like Trump as their presidential candidate?

I don’t see how they were in any position to be talking about uniting and healing when they thrive on dividing and destroying

RayRay10 likes this.