1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The all inclusive potential coach guide (2020-2021)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nook, Sep 14, 2020.

1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

So Silas it is finally.

Had a feeling after he was the first candidate for 2nd interview after the morey situation.

D-rock likes this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I'll give him getting the John Lucas connection out there before anybody else. This information, well it's interesting since other reports stated Morey wanted Lue and Tilman wanted JVG. I don't know, I guess we will really see in the next few days. I wish he would mention the coaching name and when the info does come out, he may be validated, maybe lol.

For the record, I always thought Morey was for JVG and Tilman was for Lue, so I tend to believe brabra for now.

HP3 likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

He did just clink on the link. Heere

Lol its pretty much consistent with what we all knew already. This cheap douche continues to screw us over. If Morey thought Mike was the best possible choice, I believe him. If Morey though JVG was the next best one, I believe that too. I still am very dubious to this guy though. I can believe some of the stuff he said but a lot of it feels like he's playing off popular opinion.

D-rock and ElPigto like this.
  5. bratna8

bratna8 Member

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Bring in TMac as lead assistant. @tinman reactions would be worth it.

waytookrzy079 and BigM like this.
  7. sabesque

sabesque Member

would laugh and laugh if Tillman is more comfortable paying for JVG now that he's not having to pay Daryl's salary

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

JVG would be the most comforting hire even though I’d prefer Silas. He’s very close with Morey so it would say that things aren’t as bad as they seem and it would also say Tilman opened up the wallet.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The fact that we are one of the last teams still without signing a head coach while fielding a roster that includes James Harden and Russell Westbrook--both of whom can get a team comprised of scrubs into the playoffs, even in the West--tells me that our front office and/or the owner is squarely to blame. Even without a center, even with the missed match parts, and even with the inflexibility of adding players a team like this with any other owner would have had coaches eagerly wanting to take the job. Tilman is truly an embarrassment.

D-rock, Deuce and B-Bob like this.
  10. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

Yes it is. Most coaches would love the opportunity to come coach a player like James Harden!

B-Bob likes this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't know if that's sarcasm or not but Harden hasn't shown anything during his entire career to be some kind of coach killer. Under Brooks, McHale, JB, and MDA he executed to whatever the coach wanted him to do.

McHale: "James, do everything!" Check
    JB: "James do everything!" Check
    MDA: "James I want you to play point guard and lead the league in assists!" Check
    MDA: "On second thought, we'll have CP3 run point and you can go back to doing everything else!" Check
    MDA: "Well now that CP3 is gone I need you to do everything!" Check

#411 steddinotayto, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    D-rock, B-Bob and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

No, it wasn't sarcasm at all. I'm serious. James Harden is a top 5 player in the nba still is his prime.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

A gawd damn embarrassment. Tilman is the laughing stock of the league

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  14. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

yup.. this guy is going to wait to the last minute and then sign Lucas lol..

the clippers are basically signing 2 coaches (Lue, Kenny, )

what a epic fail..

whats so hard to understand, you cannot hire Lucas (66) and expect him to run this teams for 5 years.
    The hire should be Silas.. he can lead this team for the next 5 years (regardless of the situation)

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think all we can do is to continue to hold hope that Lucas is either not the guy that the Rockets want and they will offer it to JVG or Silas or if they stupidly do want him as HC, Lucas is willing to admit that he isn't remotely the right fit for this job.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.