1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hunter Biden Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 14, 2020.

1. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

Nobody gives a flying **** about emails. This isn't 2016 and your boy blew the pandemic response. Chew on that, bud.

Andre0087 likes this.
  2. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I think it's called Hypocrisy.

Andre0087 likes this.
  3. foh

foh Member

4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you legal council for every dem poster? D Money said that we weren't sure if the laptop belongs to Hunter. I was explaining that the content of a very important e-mail have been verified. That's what matters, Trump will ask Biden why he lied tonight and won't have a good answer. He's going to have to answer if the received money from Hunter's companies. Which means did he report that income. It's a rabbit hole to hell.

5. Nook

Nook Member

I think this is actually where most people that are not overly political are....... there is a saturation point with Trump where the lying and failure becomes too much. As odd as it sounds, I think the recordings of Trump saying he knew COVID was a big deal are what broke the dam.

AleksandarN and jiggyfly like this.
  6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

When you ASSUME you can make an ass of yourself.

An email PROVES nothing, that's why sworn testimony has cross examination. Why would a guy that has a friendly relationship with Hunter come forward with a damaging email if he wasn't intending on hurting the campaign? My guess would be he feels aggrieved about something which would call in to question the emails legitimacy.

I don't know anything, but I would be skeptical.

Nook, what say you?

7. Nook

Nook Member

I am a former federal prosecutor that knows how a criminal investigation works.

Also, no there hasn't been confirmation that the email is real. What we have is a former business partner claiming that they are real. We do not know what his motivation is, whether they had a falling out or anything else.

We don't know if the laptop is Biden's. We have reports that in the Ukraine that the same e-mails and information were being offered on the black market for $5,000,000.

Biden doesn't have to answer anything other than what the moderator asks him...... and if Trump attempts to speak over Biden or the moderator, his microphone will be muted.

Biden can also lie if he is so inclined, there is 11 days until the election after tonight and 4 of those days are weekends where there is little news... It is extremely remote that an investigation would be complete by then.

Now after the election they can continue their investigation... but that likely ends as well if Biden wins because the Senate will likely be a majority democrat and the house will as well.

When Trump made the decision to politicize all of the arms of government it was bad...... because not precedence has been set, and the democrats will likely follow suit........ but the republicans may be stating down a situation where the democrats control the house and senate and Whitehouse.... and the democrats have a 50/50 chance of controlling a majority of the states governments........ that is bad for the country, but potentially is especially bad for republicans.

8. Dubious

Just so you know, you have now been appointed the official legal counsel of the D&D, ha

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...d-ten-percent-stake-in-chinese-business-deal/

“The reference to ‘the Big Guy’ in the much publicized May 13, 2017 email is in fact a reference to Joe Biden,” said Bobulinski, who says he was brought on as CEO of Sinohawk Holdings by Hunter Biden and James Gilliar, the sender of the email.

Sinohawk “was a partnership between the Chinese operating through CEFC/Chairman Ye and the Biden family,” he said.

Bobulinski said he does not believe Joe Biden’s previous claim that the Democrat and the younger Biden did not discuss Hunter’s business.

Hunter Biden “frequently referenced asking him for his sign-off or advice on various potential deals,” he said.

“I’ve seen Vice President Biden saying he never talked to Hunter about his business. I’ve seen firsthand that that’s not true, because it wasn’t just Hunter’s business, they said they were putting the Biden family name and its legacy on the line,” Bobulinski said.

“The Biden family aggressively leveraged the Biden family name to make millions of dollars from foreign entities even though some were from communist controlled China,” he added.

Seems to me that it's entirely possible that the above is true and laptop/emails were acquired by illegal means.

But if this material was in Giuliani's possession and the FBI's possession for a year, why should it only come to light now? Evidently there was some doubt over its authenticity. As more witnesses come forward to confirm its details, I think Biden will have some explaining to do.

#1089 durvasa, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

11. Dubious

It's all so strange and disjointed, you might think it's a typical GOP dirty trick or foreign disinformation campaign ...hmmmm

12. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FBI has had it for a year. Giuliani got it more recently.

13. Nook

Nook Member

The FBI authorities will surely question him and they will look into his background to find any possible motivations.

It is possible that he has no motivation to come forward, but it is odd for him to go public on Fox and not go through an attorney and discuss the matter with the FBI.

jiggyfly, Dubious and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Yes if you believe that the laptop was left by Hunter Biden at a repair shop that happens to be blind and happens to be a massive Trump fanatic.

If you do not believe the story, then no one knows how long Rudy G has had it.

Unfortunately because it is an ongoing investigation we are not really going to know much other than speculation.

Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. durvasa

OK, but I believe Giuiliani must have had it since at least early this year? And there was a Republican-led investigation into all of this stuff since then. So my question remains.

16. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Unlike you, I'm willing to place blame on both parties. The Republican Senate is corrupt and needs a cleansing, particularly McConnell. Trump owns Graham and Cruz for some reason. Maybe they got their hand caught in the cookie jar. I dunno.

If the bill doesn't reach Trump's desk, what's he supposed to do? Case in point: He recently said he'd be willing to cut a stimulus deal. Nancy initially balked but started negotiating with Mnuchin. And I hear Mitch put a hard NO on it.

The point of the comment was now that 'impeachment' is the new norm we should expect it to hamper the next president elect. The line was crossed with the bullshit impeachment, that was intended to cover up the dealings in Ukraine.

What do you care anyway. You're going with your gut.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

which Biden?

jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  18. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he got it a month or two ago.

19. durvasa

The one who will be President of the United States. If it turns out that he lied or tried to hide coordinating with his son/family on foreign business deals then his political opponents will attack him relentlessly for it and there will be a big debate over whether he is "compromised".

20. durvasa

What's the source on that? That's not the timeline I've seen.