1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reason behind why Tilman is cheap.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Oct 20, 2020.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Anxiety and sadness is what I feel everyday regarding the current state of our Rockets.

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

I think if we didn't get rid of Ariza then our season would look a whole lot of different and nobody would trade CP for Westbrook. We had to sign Gleaguers in his place. Covington may be better but I take Capela+Ariza over one Covington

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

From an investment standpoint he made the right decision in buying an NBA franchise a few years back, even at, IMO, an overpay. If the economy and NBA growth continued trending the way it had been for the past 10 years Fertitta and his family could profit, what, close to a billion dollars in 15-20 years? All I can say is that we better buckle up because the Fertitta's hold on this franchise won't let up any time soon.

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

The only reason we still don't have a coach is because he saves money with it

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Makes sense, but it wouldn't have made us a true contender. We had already lost the underrated Prince Luc. There wouldn't be any money to replace him after giving Ariza a 15 M contract. I do agree that Chris, Clint, Harden and Ariza would have us more depth than Westbrook and Covington.

bmelo likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Salt grass uses a TexJoy steak seasoning. At least they did 3 years ago.

Donald’s son is one of my closest friends.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Direct result of a declining product. Rockets need to get better for us to get better.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not really.

Threads like this have no bearing on anything.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He REALLY wears Zara @tinman? Hard to believe he can even fit into that stuff. If true - what a loser. If not true - lulz.

tinman and treyk3 like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Imagine having endless amounts of money at your disposal and supporting a company that uses slave labor for fast fashion. I spend extra on clothes to ensure they are ethically made and this dude worth billions doesn’t give a **** and thinks it’s cute.

Ziggy likes this.
  11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

The investment money hes making with china and Harden is the only reason he not blowing it up. Could care less about this team competing , harden makes all this money from his deals with china, investments are more important.

You wonder why they have no team behind Harden and Westbrook, its all about showboating and making money with China deals. I doubt houston even signs anyone significant in the offseason.

Why you think Morey is Gone? lol

12. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Great quote from @KellyUnchained s new excellent piece on the athletic

“Morey’s three years under Fertitta were peculiar, to say the least, at least from a roster-building standpoint. Before every season, ownership publicly declared a willingness to be a tax-paying team, but the actual returns told a different story.....

“There will be those that point to Chris Paul receiving a new four-year, $160 million deal, Harden’s supermax, and Clint Capela’s five-year, $90 million deal in the summer of 2018 as signs that ownership spent money and that’s valid — they did. But they also cut corners where they didn’t need to, a cardinal sin for teams trying to win it all. The Rockets let Ariza walk and opted to sign swingman James Ennis for two-year, $3.4 million contract with an option in Year 2. Carmelo Anthony was also brought in on a one-year, $2.4 million deal along with Michael Carter-Williams on a minimum deal. It’s the equivalent of getting rid of a 2014 Volkswagen Passat for a 99′ Pontiac, an 04′ Camry with a messed up transmission, and Michael Carter-Williams. That’s not running it back. That’s running away.”

Matt78777 and Deuce like this.
  13. bmelo

bmelo Member

Its depth AND diversity. Now we are one dimensional and we won't ever win with roster like that. The only one dimensional teams that win It all are composed with geniuses at that particular style, we neither have genius shooters nor defenders to play one dimensional

14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Tilman hasnt made enough money yet with Harden and China, once he does he will sell the team, and then you get a rebuild lol.

15. raining threes

Terrible analogy

Was the economy great before the plague?

Did the Chinese release the plague on the world?

16. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

His restaurants' food will do that.

(Apologies if someone already made the joke.)

OP: Does the video explain HOW Fertitta planned on using the Rockets to make more money? I have my own ideas, but I don't know what the video explains was Fertitta's idea.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

To be fair, it's not the GARM's problem when there's nothing about Rockets basketball to talk and no real news to find out other than Tilman's news.

jiggyfly and YOLO like this.
  18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That's because it wasn't an analogy...

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think the Rockets are going to suffer for 4 years. Because of not having any 1st Round Picks for 4 years. Until then Harden and Westbrook will likely be gone or retired by then. I hope Tillman will sell the team out.

I think Harden will retire sooner than Westbrook. Harden is more into Ownership business in Soccer. Plus traveling with Rapper friends, random women.

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Tillman Fertitta is mor of schemer than a real owner of a team.

The Rockets are only a Poker Chip to him until he buys a different bigger, better Franchise like the Texans.