1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Derangement Syndrome

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Fantasma Negro, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Nepotism has been around for as long as JFK put his younger brother as Attorney General, George W Bush scoots in the white house or HIllary becomes the Healthcare Czar under Bill.

Trump having his children in advisory roles in the white house is not out of line.

Related to trade, one must be willing to push with these foreign nations as they've taken advantage of Western civility for long enough.
    I'm ok with some short-term pain to better long term solutions.

People don't change anyone's mind and each look out with our own jaundiced viewpoint.

Its simple big government in control or smaller government with less control. I despised Republicans warmongering for a long time and so having someone that is low tax, low regulation and anti-war is a wonderful set of principals albeit wrapped in a bad package.
    Despite the bluster this has been the effect.

I don't need my taxes to skyrocket, and my cap gains taxes to skyrocket and my fuel and power to get more expensive due to failed climate
    initiatives.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thre is one huge difference in the nepotism. RFK, Hillary Clinton, and even GW Bush all had a record of public service and experience. They had actual qualifications. Trump's children have no record of public service, or experience. They got the job despite a huge lack of qualifications.

I'm not saying any nepotism is okay, but at least with the others you could say that had relevant experience. Trumps family, have zero. We've already seen instances where Ivanka has conducted gov. business on her private servers.

jiggyfly and Dubious like this.
  3. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

Much respect to @RocketsLegend btw for admitting he was wrong

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or moving to a different career.

Invisible Fan and Andre0087 like this.
  5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

WTF is this!? Holy dear lord. WAKE UP Says Ursula from Broadway the little mermaid musical coming at you !

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

Obama lives rent free in your head so you couldnt think of anything better than TDS.

7. adoo

adoo Member

it was this that prompted the anti-nepotism law.

Trump's tax manipulation makes it easier for the super rich to avoid taxes, thus, shifting the tax burden to my demographic, the middle class.

i don't need the super rich shift their tax burden on the middle class​

Dubious, CometsWin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except when those children are still doing business with countries and other organizations that they are also dealing with on behalf of the US government. For example Jared Kushner led the Middle East negotiations even as he and the Kushner family was getting financing from the UAE. The same with Ivanka who got several valuable copyrights on Ivanka brands in the PRC at the same time that Trump was negotiating with the PRC.
    Except when those trade policies end up hurting Americans more than they do others besides just farmers but US businesses having to bear the cost of tariffs. Also as noted above the Trump's tough trade message has been muddied at time by personal and family corruption. As noted Ivanka Trump got several copyrights granted from the PRC (very important given the PRC's lax IP practices), the same week that Trump inexplicably lifted sanctions on PRC telecom ZTE. ZTE had been sanctioned for selling sensitive technology to countries such as Iran. Trump tweeted that he was going to increase jobs in China.

Trump's trade record has also been checkered. During a few years of Trump's administration the trade deficit with the PRC actually increased. Also the Phase 1 trade agreement was at best a moderate benefit to the US but more importantly hasn't been implemented by the PRC.
    If you're fine with as long as you get a short term gain but corruption will have a costs on all of us in the long term unless we can reverse things.

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Glad TDS guy didn't die. Not the best conceived stunt I've heard of. Gotta be deranged if you think for one moment that Trump cares if you live or die. Aside from that, he didn't even manage to get his message printed in the papers when everyone was watching him. I hope he voted, at least.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

Useful idiots smh

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Now this is what I would call Trump Derangement Syndrome.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Florida?

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

This is so needed, I'm posting in in two threads. It really needed to be in the Trump Derangement:

Rex Chapman (@RexChapman) tweeted at 5:53 PM on Mon, Oct 26, 2020:
    2-minutes of pure gold from Sacha Baron Cohen:
    “Voltaire was right, “Those who can make you believe absurdities — can make you commit atrocities.” https://t.co/OEysQFIz6l
    ()
    Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download?s=13

Master Baiter, mdrowe00 and mikol13 like this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

16. Dubious

Trump is the idiots version of a fascist dictator wannabe trashing America's discourse and governance.
    Satire has been a strong strategy since jesters joked about the king.

17. Dubious

18. Dubious

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have never seen a more whiny President - Trump is the weakest man I have ever seen in politics, so thin skinned, such a coward.

DD

No Worries and Jimmy Chase like this.
  20. Fantasma Negro