1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hypothetical: Westbrook Vs Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

intuition.
    KD and LeBron are about the only 2 superstars I would say are clearly or marginally better than Harden

Rocket River

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Gee...tough question here. Let's see.

The team adding Paul George would receive better shooting, spacing, defense, basketball IQ, would drastically cut down their turnovers.

Not sure about this one, TBH

lakersuck2, slothy420 and YOLO like this.
  3. caneks

caneks Rookie

Clippers will need to send 2 first round picks for this swap.

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If the Clippers actually did that then someone has lost their mind in that organization.

slothy420 likes this.
  5. caneks

caneks Rookie

They did when they traded for PG.

6. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

tho i dunt think that gonna happen, but yes, we are f*cking in need someone who can take over the game in last 3-4 minutes or close the game with a clutch shot, i believe that's PG who got the killer instinct.
    the question is, if morey & MDA gone, would the beard n brodie still in h-town?

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

PG does not have killer instinct and folds time and time again in the postseason

in an alternate reality where something like this is possible, we do this trade because PG is simply the better player and fit, and his contract isn’t an anchor...I would still expect him to go ghost in the postseason

DeBeards likes this.
  8. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I agree that PG doesn't have the killer instinct but I'd still take that any day over Westbrook who does have the killer instinct but not the ability to make use of it. I'd rather have someone who doesn't try at all over someone who does but will inevitably fail. I really do love Russ' heart, energy, and passion but I wish it came with the self awareness of his many many many limitations at this point. If Westbrook can't get his head on straight he's more of a liability in big games than he's worth.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

anyone would be a fool not to take PG over Russ

when PG is playing bad and disappearing in the playoffs, it’s because he’s just bricking all his shots...his defense will still be there...his spacing will still be there...he will never just torpedo your team even when he’s playing subpar

Russ on the other hand? He wrecks your spacing no matter if he’s playing well or not. His stupid turnovers and constant dumb decisions are back breakers. With PG, u just hope he starts hitting shots. When Russ is playing bad, u just want him to get off the floor. U want him to stop shooting and making decisions. When PG folds in the playoffs, he is still nowhere near as harmful as Russ is capable of being.

10. thekad

thekad Member

Hopefully people keep spreading rumors about “drama” with PG so the Clippers might actually consider this wildly lopsided trade. How much do Russian bots cost?