1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Lucas gaining momentum to be next Rockets Coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Oct 15, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Jvg has absolutely been brought in as a candidate prior but mda got hired instead. So yes morey definitely had prior interest previously Those sauces are both just spitting random thoughts

HP3 likes this.
  2. sungjina

sungjina Member

Breaking news: John Lucas was the only coach who accepted getting paid in free Landry's meals hence he is the front runner for the job.

3. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

We should have gotten Ty Lue. That's who we should have really went after. We'll just too slow out of the starting blocks like always. We wait to the last minute. JVG is not going to be any better. We've already had him once. We know what he brings to the table and he was fired. Why would you want to bring somebody back here that you fired. It doesn't make any sense. Look for other candidates outside of this organization. John Lucas on the other hand is too familiar with both Harden and Westbrook and will probably let them do what they want to do. We don't need that anymore here. We need a fresh start and a fresh rebuild. We just got rid of a general manager that's been here too long, and got rid of MDA, the coach. We have nothing to lose at this point or prove for that matter to start from scratch and get some young talent in here. Let's do it "Rockets".

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Clippers players wanted Ty Lue
    Rockets players want John Lucas

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

LOOOL imagine thinking Bra Bra is a legiitmate source. Oh WOW what a coincidence as soon as Morey steps down Lucas becomes a front runner.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Wrong thread.

7. bmelo

bmelo Member

That is exactly why he can't be chosen. If ****in Tilman said no to Ty Lue, was skeptical to JVG and leaned towards JL and that's why Morey stepped down I can't blame him and at this point I will join "**** Tilman fan club"

8. bmelo

bmelo Member

Im so ****ing mad if this is true

9. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

John Lucas is a fantastic choice and much better than JVG.

With Sixers hiring Rivers and Clippers hiring Lue, the optics of hiring a mediocre, retread white coach would be terrible. JVG was a great coach for old style 90s basketball but time has passed him by. He could still be a great defensive coordinator but NOT a head coach.

As a black candidate that is a known quantity that the current stars all like, hiring Lucas makes a lot of sense. And even if you don't want Lucas because you want a fresh start, there are plenty of other black retread coaches (Mike Brown, Nate McMillan, Alvin Gentry, Maurice Cheeks, etc etc) to consider before you ever need to consider someone like JVG.

10. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

known for losing

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and bmelo like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lucas as coach has been good to Houston.

With Murry gone, I don't mind taking the risk.

12. bmelo

bmelo Member

I don't ****ing care if coach is black or white or red the **** this has anything to do with the position. He could be even blue for me but the fact is John Lucas has loosing game record as a coach and last time he coached was 2003, he is Hardens buddy aka "cool coach"... you right then he should be coach compared to one of the greatest bball minds JVG.

JVG has really bad trait I bet rubs Harden the wrong way. He demands.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

damn really bringing race up in here with the swiftness like it matters, and also acting like the World Cup didn't happen.

bmelo likes this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He called Lucas weeks back...he called bell to KC days ago...we will see if we get bamba and or turner he called that weeks ago as well.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  15. bmelo

bmelo Member

I'm done with Harden for good if he forces Lucas I swear. I was on the edge for kicking out CP3 but this would be some next level ****. I thought he is smarter than KD and Kyrie who went as far as said it on record they don't need coach but it would mean he thinks the same

HP3 likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL What is your fascination with needing to hire a black coach?

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/next-rockets-coach-should-be-black.307238/

Who gives a **** if he's black, brown, purple, yellow, green, red, orange...

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

18. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

THIS ANGERS ME SO BADLY

This is why:

John Lucas is an AMAZING player development coach. One of the GOATS to be honest... and we can have him in this role for years and years.

As a head coach though? He may be a head coach for a year or two, then he will be replaced and we will lose him from the franchise forever.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm so angry

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think he should be the head coach, player development is his strength.

D-rock likes this.
  20. bmelo

bmelo Member

If it boils down to two in-house promotions then Tilman is even worse than Dolan and I feel bad for Daryl for putting up with these penny pinch redneck

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.