1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Best in the League in Plus-Minus

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bookit, Apr 13, 2004.

1. prlen

prlen Member

The biggest stats-padder in garbage time?

2. kevin8494

kevin8494 Member

At least that proved one thing, Yao is useful.
    Am I right??
    :D

3. kaivin20

kaivin20 Member

Maybe this is also the dallas' scouting system . Just having a look on who they picked last year:

Josh Howard --- 29th pick overall
    Marquis Daniels --third round pick?!---undrafted player

Both 2 players are very lower in their draft class, but what they have done in their rookie year till now? very impressive.

4. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Okafor is your dream big man. The next Wilt, the next Russel, the next Dream. He is a proven PTPer. In two years, Yao will be lucky enough to hold his jock. Let's trade Yao + SF3 + 100 million cash for Okafor and whatever the team throws at us.

Okafor is a black god, period.:p

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure you were trying to be funny, but some people might not enjoy your last statement so much

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I doubt the system is very good for draft analysis. The article mentions the system isn't good enough to be helpful in trade decisions; I think it'd be worse yet for draft decisions. The statistics are measuring a player's success while playing a certain role in a certain environment. When a player changes leagues from NCAA to NBA, plus changing teams, plus changing his role on his team... I just don't think you can predict how he'll react with simple or even complex number-crunching.

7. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

the analysis proves one thing for sure: Yao has the most positive impact on this rox team.

This "impact" stat only works in the context of player/team combination. It won't tell you what an impact a player has had he player for another team. So it is most sensible to compare this "impact" stats of players on the same team.

Yao has bad stretchs, but he is not the "cancer" as some Yao-haters sugget.