1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Sep 27, 2020.

?

Lakers vs. Heat

Poll closed Sep 30, 2020.
  1. Lakers in 4

4.6%
  2. Lakers in 5

12.3%
  3. Lakers in 6

40.0%
  4. Lakers in 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Heat in 7

21.5%
  6. Heat in 6

15.4%
  7. Heat in 5

3.1%
  8. Heat in 4

3.1%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Get over yourself. Good lord. You've had more hype and respect than any human playing a children's game has ever deserved.

Try doing some real work to better other people's lives. I've always disliked the guy and didn't need any more fuel.

What a turrrible 2020 NBA season, to go with the rest of a turrrible year. Blech. Can't end soon enough.

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

As much as I hate to admit it, Lebron is built for basketball AND to win basketball... like Kobe, like Jordan, like Duncan, like Parker, like Magic, etc.

You can argue all you want, but Lebron attracts players because of his grit and his hunger to not only play but STRIVE to win.

As much as we deny it, we gonna miss Lebron when he’s done. But he’s not gonna retire for another 10 years... which is going to be craZzzzzzyyyy when it’s all said and done.

It would also be wild if Lebron won another title with ANOTHER team.

It sucks Harden doesn’t utilize his basketball strengths like Lebron does, but we will have to hope things turn around for the beard.

I got Jordan as #1 all time.
    Lebron as #2 all time.
    Kobe as #3 all time.

hakeem94, bmelo and plutoblue11 like this.
  4. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

The Lakers are the 2020 NBA Champions. They are the kings of the basketball world. All of LA will be celebrating joyfully tonight. Good night folks

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He opened a school and helped a lot of kids. I Guess the haters will be out tonight

RedRedemption likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Congratulations to the 2019-20 NBA Champions

[​IMG]

hakeem94, s3ts, saleem and 6 others like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Lebron doesn't win this championship, everyone would have given it an (*)

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Like opening up a school for kids, giving em $$ for college, paying for services for their parents, etc?

Rocket River likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Unless Kawhi or Giannis won it

Rocket River

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LeBron does not get near enough credit or respect for his off court accomplishments
    which dwarf Kobe and MJ combined

Rocket River

11. B-Bob

That's really nice, yes. Where does "give me my respect" fit in to that, exactly, in terms of modeling a way of life for the youth he's funding?

But yeah, fine. He gives a fraction of his wealth to a good cause. I probably give a greater % of my income to charity, but whatever.

I can be salty with him if I want. He's playing a kid's game and asking for "respect" when the sports media already bows down to him 24/7. I find it disgusting.

Easy likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

where does this team rank in all time nba championship teams? dare i say top 3?

13. B-Bob

Still waiting for someone to locate his lack of respect in sports media or NBA promotions or NBA officiating. I think I'll be waiting a damned long time.

s3ts likes this.
  14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

You can be salty all ya want, but statements like “Try doing some real work to better other people's lives.” in regards to LeBron are just silly. He does that, no matter how you may try to minimize it.

15. Mr. Space City

Lebron did what Kobe and Harden couldn’t do.

Win a title with Dwight Howard :cool:

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

Sorry but I see right through LeBrons greedy ass when he made that comment about China. Lot of nut huggers coming out of the woods

JumpMan likes this.
  17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i strongly disagree. for one thing if anyone else won, that means you probably BEAT lebron at some point to get it. not an easy task

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think the respect thing wasn't about how the media constantly disrespects him or minimizes his accomplishments. I think it was more about how he should have been named MVP instead of Giannis. It was cheeky and unnecessary, but Lebron deserved his time on the mic for a quick soundbite. And that's what he chose to say.

The odd thing about his speech, to me, was that he said the Lakers' org should get more respect. Like, the Lakers are one of the most storied franchises in all of sports...who's disrespecting the Lakers?

Honestly, you're letting your LeBron hate bleed over into your overall argument and going a bit off the rails with calling the sport of basketball, a "kid's game."

B-Bob likes this.
  19. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

How can you give an asterisk for this title when everyone had a level playing ground. That Heat team was no slouch - Lebron just picked them apart. Dude's in the conversation for GOAT and just keeps getting better in different ways..

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not as good as Jordan, who was playing in a tougher and much more physical league. The Heat were missing Bam and Goran. I believe the Lakers would have won even if they were playing, but it would been harder.