1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jack Easterby Resume Issues

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by lnchan, Oct 8, 2020.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Who was questioning it but more importantly, what the hell does that matter? There was absolutely NOTHING savvy about giving BoB the GM title and letting him run amuck.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To be fair operations typically refers to the day to day stuff, not salary cap management. With that being said, he is acting as GM, which does have to deal with that matter so that is pretty funny (or sad for texans fans). Other than the random FA signing, i don't think the texans are going to be doing much crazy cap stuff the rest of the year

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Since you IGNORED the first part of the post. The savvy part was referencing Easterby. Easterby is there to finish out the season as GM. He will not be GM of the Texans. Easterby is not going to be able to talk his way into the GM role. I think Cal knows he needs to go outside of the organization.

4. gucci888

Wait are you saying that Cal named BoB GM and proceeded to let him gut the team to justify keeping Easterby in some type interim role?

eric.81, King1 and Nook like this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No. People assume Easterby will some how weasel his way into the GM role. The only reason Easterby is there is because there is really no one else to do the role right now.

6. conquistador#11

I don't even know what this mofo looks like. Going to Google images

JamesC likes this.
  7. gucci888

So the question remains:

What was savvy about giving BoB official title of GM and letting him make the moves he did if it was just about “giving him the rope to hang himself?”

eric.81, charlieaustin, King1 and 2 others like this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Well, Cal basically gave the power so he would not have any excuses (I wouldn't have give him the power, but it is not my team). I think Cal was on the fence about BoB. "is he good enough to go beyond the 2nd round of the playoffs? He does keep winning divisions". What is telling is he gave him the GM title without extending or giving him more money. I think 2020 was a prove it year. As for the Hopkins trade, I can't answer why he allowed it. There is still more to that trade than we know. If was future Cap considerations, that could be one reason. But we don't know.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I had never heard of Jack Easterby before he came here. He seems to be overwhelmingly disliked here on Clutchfans so **** him.

10. thejav

thejav Member

11. Major

Major Member

None of this makes him savvy. You don't make decisions so people don't have excuses. You shouldn't be on the fence about someone after 5 or 6 years. These things make him an idiot. But its fun to see the new person you have tied yourself into defending and propping up now that all your previous people have gone up in flames.

eric.81, charlieaustin, King1 and 3 others like this.
  12. thejav

thejav Member

We basically bhave trump running the organization. Never going to win anything. Thank god for fantasy helping me to not care about how this team performs anymore.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Cal can defend himself...his team. The point is he is not as clueless as this board seems to think.

14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I can volunteer. My experience in Madden is far superior than what Easterby has done.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Cal said we’re actively searching for a GM and Easterby will go back to whatever he did before which I assume was whispering to King Theoden. I’d just as soon have fired him with O’Brien but a new GM will do.

Spacemoth likes this.
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Joel osteen and easterby would get along very well. Can someone please show easterby where lakewood church is.

17. gucci888

Lol so Cal is on the fence about BoB as a coach but still gives him full control of the team just so he doesn’t have any excuses? You understand this makes him look more clueless than if he had simply believed it would work but was wrong.

charlieaustin, King1, lnchan and 3 others like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

This is stupid. So the owner gives BOB the power to wreck the Texans... he does wreck the Texans with absurd trades and contracts... then ownership says “A ha!” and feels justified in letting him go because they have no doubt he sucks after raping the team? That is stupid.

eric.81, charlieaustin, King1 and 3 others like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

FWIW I wouldn’t say he really lied on his resume and everyone paying attention knew he was a grifter and fake holy man... he appeals to some executives... no idea if he is good at his job, but he isn’t and never has been a football man.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Easterby is there because Cal wants him to run the Football Operations arm of the Texans, after he has a whole bunch of say in picking the new GM and then Coach.

Keeping him on is a ****ing terrible idea. Clean house.