1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“Unborn children” used to develop treatment for Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

we didnt mean conception.. more like slightly after..

somewhere between period, zygote and whatever jesus says

CrazyJoeDavola and RayRay10 like this.
  4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Cool...I remember when his administration stopped allowing stem cell injections (including synthetic ones) for veterans. I was in the middle of a series of injections when I had to stop them because of the new law.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I hear that Jesus is a big fan of immaculate conception.

Nook, IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  6. No Worries

Trump killed babies to keep his old AF self alive. Par for the course.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I heard from a friend in Singapore that the research done on the antibody that Trump is using was done in Singapore. Singapore not only allows human embryonic stem cells but also encourages it too. They've benefitted from bans and cutbacks of that research in other country.

From what I've heard the antibody treatment was developed using blood from Singaporeans. Not sure if that particular treatment came from embryonic stem cells or adult blood stem cells.

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That's the premise of the shift of biotech to Singapore in a book I read recently.

Change Agent

In 2045 Kenneth Durand leads Interpol’s most effective team against genetic crime, hunting down black market labs that perform "vanity edits" on human embryos for a price. These illegal procedures augment embryos in ways that are rapidly accelerating human evolution—preying on human-trafficking victims to experiment and advance their technology.

With the worlds of genetic crime and human trafficking converging, Durand and his fellow Interpol agents discover that one figure looms behind it all: Marcus Demang Wyckes, leader of a powerful and sophisticated cartel known as the Huli jing.

But the Huli jing have identified Durand, too. After being forcibly dosed with a radical new change agent, Durand wakes from a coma weeks later to find he’s been genetically transformed into someone else—his most wanted suspect: Wyckes.

Now a fugitive, pursued through the genetic underworld by his former colleagues and the police, Durand is determined to restore his original DNA by locating the source of the mysterious—and highly valuable—change agent. But Durand hasn’t anticipated just how difficult locating his enemy will be. With the technology to genetically edit the living, Wyckes and his Huli jing could be anyone and everyone—and they have plans to undermine identity itself.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

10. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I'm sure those cells were from left leaning stems.

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This would make for a can’t-lose line of questioning for Dems in the Barrett confirmation hearing. Ask about her stance on the Obama’s executive order overturning Bush’s ban on NIH-approved funding for in-vitro stem cell research that Regeneron used. (It was also challenged in US Court of Appeals DC Circuit, so very apropos for a USSC nominee question).

Either
    1) she backs Obama’s Executive Order (good for research),
    2) doesn’t back it, taking Bush’s side (bad look for Trump), or
    3) dodges it somehow, allowing both 1 and 2 to become a hot topic of debate potentially embarrassing Senators

RayRay10 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Trump is sucking down the guts of babies and spewing out vile virus.

But he's pro-life!

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not the first case of a hypocritical Republican getting stem cell treatments for themselves or family.

Blatz and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

15. No Worries