1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**** all of you QAnon people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CCorn, Oct 2, 2020.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Might introduce her to weed brownies

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

When I used to confront my grandma about the things she was spouting she would start to withdraw and then just not share her opinions as much so you have to be careful how you approach it. Just my experience. I think in retrospect I'd just try to get her to share and then, calmly but systematically try to disprove whatever it is that she read.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. foh

foh Member

That must be frustrating.

Fighting misinformation and engaging the real world would be my idea for solution. But in practice, cause of lack of time and failed attempts to reason, I just told my dad to either shut up about politics or "lose" a son. So we are just hoping/trying to survive the Trump era. As childish as that is, there is no good solution, unless one is willing to invest a ton of time and emotion and be willing to fail despite it. I actually think, this depoliticized my dad after a while.

Never thought of weed brownies - curious how that goes!

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I got her taking CBD for anxiety, so I might be able to pull it off.

RayRay10 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

My wife gets anxious. Does CBF work pretty well?

I am sorry to hear that about your mom. From the little I have heard about Qnon, they are dumb.

foh likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been saying well before Trump got COVID-19 that there will be violence so whether Trump lives or dies I think we're in tough times.

If Trump dies though we're already seeing rhetoric claiming that Trump has been deliberately infected. As CCorn noted his family is scared that this is all a plot by the Deep State to kill Trump supporters. If Trump dies those fears will only get magnified. The xenophobic movement that Trump now heads existed before he got into politics. The worst case of domestic terrorism was in 1994 and this movement will likely survive Trump. Trump dying might deflate a lot but it also might make him a martyr to many.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Of all the possibilities, the one most people can see through as being ridiculous would be a targeted deep state virus plot that only infects republican officials. The one most are likely to believe is that the election was stolen from them. Both nonsense but one more likely to be believed by "rational" republicans. The reason you hear chatter about this now is because it's the flavor of the day. Whatever is going on, they will morph their rhetoric and conspiracy to fit that news. There's no escape from these loons so you have to hope for the one scenario that would be most manageable because take your pick, they will turn it into a deep state conspiracy. There will be no clean break or aha moment for them as a collective but we can hope for a scenario where the more reasonable of the lot will jump ship and try to bring some back to reality.

RayRay10 and malakas like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Fear

RayRay10, CCorn and Pole like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

No joke, do not go over to their house and knock on the door or try go use your key to get in without calling them first from your car, parked outside.

That's the scariest thing you've posted so far.

RayRay10 and CCorn like this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

They were watching my youngest dog. I dropped by to grab him and they mentioned they were going to the gun range to learn how to shoot their new gun.

I was like... welp. Not drinking here again.

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Remember when we were kids and our parents told us not to believe everything from the internet and now they get their news from Facebook meme pages

12. Buck Turgidson

I'm sorry about your situation, and really don't know what advice to give.

I find excuses to not hang around certain relatives, which sucks because the others there I'd love to talk to. That's got to be terribly tough when it's you parents. I taught my dad what snopes.com was ~15 years ago when he got a little crazy with the email forwards, if he was still around I'd like to think he would have learned by now.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

RayRay10, subtomic and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

yikes

Conspiracy driven, and just purchased a gun? That is a terrible mix

I honestly don’t know what I’d do...I don’t have the patience to constantly try and reason with people who’ve plunged to a QAnon level

it’s 1 thing if they’re just trolling to “own the libs,” but genuinely believing and immersing yourself in it....I don’t have the patience

there are a few people I know from back in college that exposed themselves as Trumpers and were saying wild sh*t...I just cut them off, but they weren’t family

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Amiga likes this.
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member